PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Football Schedules Through 2017

Go...gate
January 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=3640047

Princeton definitely branching out more. The Colgate series will be a partial casualty.

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2009, 09:19 PM
the Tigers will host Georgetown Set. 22, 2012 and will travel to the current home of John Thompson III for a Sept. 28, 2013 matchup.

And that is football-related...how? ;)

Franks Tanks
January 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM
And that is football-related...how? ;)

He was the b-ball coach at Princeton. The Leopards are on the schedule nearly every year after 2010. It also appears that no end is in sight for our series with Harvard, Penn, and Columbia so we will continue to have nearly every OOC matchup with the Ivy.

Go...gate
January 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM
He was the b-ball coach at Princeton. The Leopards are on the schedule nearly every year after 2010. It also appears that no end is in sight for our series with Harvard, Penn, and Columbia so we will continue to have nearly every OOC matchup with the Ivy.

He also played BB for a certain Lafayette alum and former Lehigh Coach named Pete Carril.

Lafayette and Lehigh's gain is Colgate's loss - the Tigers scrubbed at least a few dates with the Red Raiders for these new matchups. I think our AD needs to get to work.

YaleFootballFan
January 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM
No return trip to The Citadel? xrolleyesx

Nice job in getting USD back on the schedule.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 06:17 AM
He also played BB for a certain Lafayette alum and former Lehigh Coach named Pete Carril.

Lafayette and Lehigh's gain is Colgate's loss - the Tigers scrubbed at least a few dates with the Red Raiders for these new matchups. I think our AD needs to get to work.

Ya that is surpising. Frankly Colgate has played Princeton quite a bit more then Lafayette or Lehigh and is more the traditional rival so the snub is interesting.

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Ya that is surpising. Frankly Colgate has played Princeton quite a bit more then Lafayette or Lehigh and is more the traditional rival so the snub is interesting.An Ivy snub is an opportunity to schedule playoff-type OOC opponents. Maybe that is the Colgate idea? Good idea if so.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 06:32 AM
An Ivy snub is an opportunity to schedule playoff-type OOC opponents. Maybe that is the Colgate idea? Good idea if so.

Gate made it sound like Princeton forced the shedule change not Colgate, but I could be wrong. Colgate has seemingly always played at least one CAA or this year So Con school and I dont expect that to change. What appears may happen however is that Colgate will sub Princeton for another Ivy perhaps.

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 06:40 AM
What appears may happen however is that Colgate will sub Princeton for another Ivy perhaps.They should look OVC, NEC, or MEAC.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 06:42 AM
They should look OVC, NEC, or MEAC.

Why? The OVC, NEC, or MEAC is no better then the Ivy and Colgate has great tradition with many of those schools. I see no reason to play Tenessee State or Tech or whatever instead of Dartmouth or Penn.

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Why? The OVC, NEC, or MEAC is no better then the Ivy and Colgate has great tradition with many of those schools. I see no reason to play Tenessee State or Tech or whatever instead of Dartmouth or Penn.I was talking about playoff type schools (Ivy is short season and non-playoff). If you think Dartmouth is better than Albany, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, South Carolina State, Hampton, FAMU, etc. then so be it. IMO, a victory over a better playoff type opponent is better than a victory over certain Ivies every day. Check it out (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=11-24-08-final-regular-season-gridiron-p-1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1), #108 Dartmouth is not all that. Colgate is in the business of winning NCAA championships.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I was talking about playoff type schools. If you think Dartmouth is better than Albany, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Hampton, FAMU, etc. then so be it. IMO, a victory over a better playoff type opponent is better than a victory over certain Ivies every day. Check it out (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=11-24-08-final-regular-season-gridiron-p-1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1), Dartmouth is not all that.

I understand Dartmouth is 0-10. I just picked them because Colgate has played them a few times recently. Albany would make sense but the average Colgate fan would much rather an Ivy then the schools mentioned above. (Colgate fans can correct me if i'm wrong). A game against UMASS or Furman or UNH is one thing, Eastern Illlinois is another.

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 07:03 AM
A game against UMASS or Furman or UNH is one thing, Eastern Illlinois is another.Provincial attitudes need to change then because the goal has to be winning the title (which will fill stands quicker than just playing stiffs because you always play them). My point is to branch out.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Provincial attitudes need to change then because the goal has to be winning the title (which will fill stands quicker than just playing stiffs because you always play them). My point is to branch out.

We arent winning crap without scholarships unfortunantly. Once we get them we can talk again :)

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 07:10 AM
We arent winning crap without scholarships unfortunantly. Once we get then we can talk again :)xthumbsupx GREAT POINT! xnodx

BTW, I meant no pun with BRANCH out.

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 07:17 AM
xthumbsupx GREAT POINT! xnodx

BTW, I meant no pun with BRANCH out.

And I do appreciate where you are coming from and it would be nice to have a little more variety on PL schedules. I do think that sticking with school our fans are at least familar with would be the way to go at first.

ngineer
January 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Ya that is surpising. Frankly Colgate has played Princeton quite a bit more then Lafayette or Lehigh and is more the traditional rival so the snub is interesting.

Princeton has become a frequent opponent over the past 15 years, and due to geographical proximity, it makes for a nice series and rival development. Plus I love going to their stadium.xnodx

ngineer
January 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
And I do appreciate where you are coming from and it would be nice to have a little more variety on PL schedules. I do think that sticking with school our fans are at least familar with would be the way to go at first.

I agree, until the Presidents decide to go scholarship we may as well focus on our Ivy bretheran..with a few sprinklings of CAA and SoCon. Around these parts, we look forward to playing Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Penn.

Syntax Error
January 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I agree, until the Presidents decide to go scholarship we may as well focus on our Ivy bretheran..with a few sprinklings of CAA and SoCon. Around these parts, we look forward to playing Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Penn.And the GPI reflects that for the PL. Want to be middlin'? Continue to play middlin'.

89Hen
January 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Princeton definitely branching out more.
Really? Sounds like a lot of repeats of past OOC opponents with the exception of G'town and Davidson, neither of which are noteworthy to me. xpeacex

danefan
January 6th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Really? Sounds like a lot of repeats of past OOC opponents with the exception of G'town and Davidson, neither of which are noteworthy to me. xpeacex

I agree. The addition of Davidson and San Diego is the big news? xrolleyesx

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I agree. The addition of Davidson and San Diego is the big news? xrolleyesx

It is for Princeton

OL FU
January 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Not going to bash Princeton's schedule. They have stepped out a lot more than most Ivy schoolsxnodx

danefan
January 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM
It is for Princeton

Why? Didn't they play at the Citadel this year? That's a step up. Scheduling the PFL is a step down from the Socon.

And additionally, I don't get scheduling 8 years in advance. To me is shows that they don't care who they play. In 8 years San Diego could be the worst PFL team around, or it could be a Great West full scholarship school. Princeton has no clue. Why would you subject your team to that if you really cared about your schedule?

Franks Tanks
January 6th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Why? Didn't they play at the Citadel this year? That's a step up. Scheduling the PFL is a step down from the Socon.

And additionally, I don't get scheduling 8 years in advance. To me is shows that they don't care who they play. In 8 years San Diego could be the worst PFL team around, or it could be a Great West full scholarship school. Princeton has no clue. Why would you subject your team to that if you really cared about your schedule?

Why should they care who they play OOC they cant play in the playoffs. They like San Diego because its on the West Coast and they can reach alums in SoCaL, other then that they dont really care. Princeton cares about beating Harvard and Yale and winning Ivy titles, all else isnt very important.

danefan
January 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Why should they care who they play OOC they cant play in the playoffs. They like San Diego because its on the West Coast and they can reach alums in SoCaL, other then that they dont really care. Princeton cares about beating Harvard and Yale and winning Ivy titles, all else isnt very important.

Good point.

I'm locked into thinking you should schedule to prepare your squad to win championships. The Ivy's don't care about that and I can't wrap my head around that.

89Hen
January 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
It is for Princeton

Not going to bash Princeton's schedule. They have stepped out a lot more than most Ivy schoolsxnodx
I'm not bashing Princeton's scheuduling, I'm just saying this news is not news. They've already played most of the teams in the article with the exception of G'town and Davidson. From football standpoint, those are two very weak additions and given the Ivy/PL relationship, how is G'town out of the norm or "stepping out"?

ngineer
January 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
And note that there aren't any Princetonians taking part in this discussion, and their presence on this Board is very marginal...

Biff
January 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
No return trip to The Citadel? xrolleyesx

Nice job in getting USD back on the schedule.

Princeton came down here in '08. We won 37-24. It was a good game and I hope I can drive up to see the rematch.

elcid96
January 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to even bigger win next year and hope to attend.

CID1990
January 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I'll be there.

We'll be playing "Dixie".

All in good fun, ya know?

YaleFootballFan
January 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
And note that there aren't any Princetonians taking part in this discussion, and their presence on this Board is very marginal...

Columbia, Dartmouth, Princeton and Penn have almost no presence on AGS. Once in a while a Columbia or Penn poster will appear, but I don't think I ever recall seeing someone from Princeton.

Kind of surprising, considering that Princeton football has a pretty respectable fan base.....

Go...gate
January 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM

A fact which continues to confound me.

colorless raider
January 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
A fact which continues to confound me.

You count since you live in Princeton. Too bad they dropped us for G'town. Gee i wonder why?

Go...gate
January 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Mayber the Ivy sees the handwriting on the wall, e.g. a PL with 50-odd scholarships, so they will start adding PFL teams into the scheduling equation.