PDA

View Full Version : MSU 16, UM 6 and EWU 24, UC-Davis 7

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2005, 07:50 PM
This post is for all the Griz fans and haters who thought EWU didn't deserve to go to the playoffs and lost their oppurtunity. MSU beat UM, not only with pride, but with defense; the one thing vaunted that would crush them by Montana. Way to go Bobcats!

Also, for those of you who thought UC-Davis would win tonight; think again. In fog bowl 2005, EWU pulled through and showed Davis how to play defense, as well as offense! Kimble got his 44 TD to take second place all time only behind Jerry Rice, and Meyer broke 10,000 passing for his career. Eagles are heading to the playoffs at 7-4 with the auto bid, GO EAGLES!

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
If we met again in the second or third round do you think they would send Eastern to Missoula again, if it's all based on bidding it could happen but it just doesn't seem right, you guys beat us head to head and also have the auto bid, your thoughts?

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
If we met again in the second or third round do you think they would send Eastern to Missoula again, if it's all based on bidding it could happen but it just doesn't seem right, you guys beat us head to head and also have the auto bid, your thoughts?

Bring it on! I like our chances in a second go......even if it's in Missoula.

It's not like you guys don't know what the game plan would be.....Meyer to Kimble...all....day.....long.

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't want to see you back, we just dont have the offense to match you

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure I would want to see Montana twice in one year, either...

Obzerver
November 19th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Anywhere but UM. You(someone) now have a wounded Bear(who thinks you just dissed her baby) staring at you, whoever gets them next...

grizfnz
November 19th, 2005, 09:35 PM

Only the top four are seeded. If they lose and EWU and UM advance I would assume EWU comes to Missoula again. Economics 101: 23,000 tickets possible at $22 a pop Vs. 13,000 tickets. I believe the NCAA takes 75% of the gate.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Only the top four are seeded. If they lose and EWU and UM advance I would assume EWU comes to Missoula again. Economics 101: 23,000 tickets possible at $22 a pop Vs. 13,000 tickets. I believe the NCAA takes 75% of the gate.

Yes, it seems that the NCAA likes $$$, and this scenario would play out. On that note, I do not want to see UNI face either BSC team, but it was only fair that at least 2 make it. That conference was a buzzsaw this season.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
This post is for all the Griz fans and haters who thought EWU didn't deserve to go to the playoffs and lost their oppurtunity. MSU beat UM, not only with pride, but with defense; the one thing vaunted that would crush them by Montana. Way to go Bobcats!

Also, for those of you who thought UC-Davis would win tonight; think again. In fog bowl 2005, EWU pulled through and showed Davis how to play defense, as well as offense! Kimble got his 44 TD to take second place all time only behind Jerry Rice, and Meyer broke 10,000 passing for his career. Eagles are heading to the playoffs at 7-4 with the auto bid, GO EAGLES!

First off Screamin Eagle, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs with your record. EWU didn't take care of business when they needed to.

Now, with that being said, "Welcome". I for one am glad EWU made it. The Big Sky has a lot of parity this season and it would have been a real bummer to only get one team in the playoffs. I think you guys can do some real damage and represent the SKY well.

Wellington
November 19th, 2005, 09:54 PM
All I can say is, GO GRIZ, and GO EAGLES! :eek:

EWURanger
November 20th, 2005, 11:14 AM
First off Screamin Eagle, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs with your record. EWU didn't take care of business when they needed to.

Now, with that being said, "Welcome". I for one am glad EWU made it. The Big Sky has a lot of parity this season and it would have been a real bummer to only get one team in the playoffs. I think you guys can do some real damage and represent the SKY well.

Irrelevant.....we won the auto-bid by sweeping both Montana schools. I could make the same argument against Montana.....didn't take care of business when they needed to. If you had beaten MSU yesterday, you would have won the conference out-right, and EWU would not be in the play-offs....

If you want to look at records, lets look at schedules.....Montana had to have one of the weakest OOC schedules this year, and certainly weaker than EWU's. So don't talk to me about not deserving to be in the play-offs.

Bottom line, EWU 34, Montana 20

Eastern Washington University-Back to back BSC Champs 2004 & 2005

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2005, 04:00 PM
If we met again it would be in the Semifinals (3rd), which I hope happens. As for who would host, its a money vs morality issue. You're right, we should host because we already played in Missoula and won, but Washington-Grizzly is the better venue, will attract more people, and make more money for everyone. If that does happen, you can gurantee I am getting tickets and driving my own vehicle if I must (the whole 14mpg and all) over to Montana to watch that game. Even if I don't get tickets, I will drive over and find a way in, or climb up you mountain and watch with some nocs. There's no way I would miss a semi game with EWU and UM playing. Good luck to you guys.

JALMOND
November 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Irrelevant.....we won the auto-bid by sweeping both Montana schools. I could make the same argument against Montana.....didn't take care of business when they needed to. If you had beaten MSU yesterday, you would have won the conference out-right, and EWU would not be in the play-offs....

If you want to look at records, lets look at schedules.....Montana had to have one of the weakest OOC schedules this year, and certainly weaker than EWU's. So don't talk to me about not deserving to be in the play-offs.

Bottom line, EWU 34, Montana 20

Eastern Washington University-Back to back BSC Champs 2004 & 2005

OOC schedule...

EWU played Cal Poly, UM played Cal Poly---Advantage push
EWU played Davis, UM played S Dakota St--Advantage push
EWU played W Oregon, UM played Ft Lewis--Advantage push
the clincher...
EWU played San Jose, UM played Oregon--Advantage UM.

UM not weaker than EWU. Close but no cigar.