PDA

View Full Version : EWU = Scary

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Had to start the thread. As much as I am a Grizzly fan, I am excited to see EWU in the playoffs. They are scary when they take care of business.

Aggie71
November 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Very scary. They don't even need to see on the field. I am tremendously impressed.

TexasTerror
November 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Maybe this time they can finish the job...

Tough team last year for the Kats to beat, but they pulled it off miraculously...

Best of luck Eagles!

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
All I have to say is I hope we dont run into them again

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Wow guys, thanks for those comments. I'm damn proud of our Eagles too; it was foggier than all hell out tonight and we still got it done. I was also amazed at how we shut down Davis's offense with our D- they were supposed to be the ones with the incredible stops. Go EAGLES!

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I still have to smile every time I see that picture.

putter
November 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Eastern will be #16 again and will go on the road to play a top seed and I will love to see them be GiantKillers for the 2nd year in a row....

:anim_chai
Who will it be?

1. App St.
2. UNH --> One heck of an offensive game there..
3.Furman
4. Hampton

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I could see them playing either Hampton or Tx St

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Eastern will be #16 again and will go on the road to play a top seed and I will love to see them be GiantKillers for the 2nd year in a row....

:anim_chai
Who will it be?

1. App St.
2. UNH --> One heck of an offensive game there..
3.Furman
4. Hampton
I just hope they don't show up in Carbondale again.
:eek:

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I don't think the team is too concerned with who they'll play at this point. I think they are just happy to be in it, after a year that was almost disastrous due to all the injuries.

But, at this point, it looks like we are starting to get some key players back and healthy....so this is good news.

I'll say it now.....when this team is healthy they can beat anyone in the country....they've proven it more than once.

GrizPimpin'
November 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
EWU could land any where. Like the committe says, once on a plane, they can send you anywhere.

TulsaBobcat
November 19th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Since the Bobcats won't be in the playoffs, I hope the Eags take the National Championship! :cool:

putter
November 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Since the Bobcats won't be in the playoffs, I hope the Eags take the National Championship! :cool:

Thanks for the support Tulsa.. :confused:

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 08:32 PM

You never know about MSU....stranger things have happened.

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
November 19th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I'd love to see an EWU-UNH first round. Meyer vs. Santos, Ball vs. Hendrix/Trufant... I think I'd even give EWU the edge because of the better secondary and Ryan Cole. But then again, maybe not because of EWU's horrid special teams. Anyway, what a beauty that would be.

TulsaBobcat
November 19th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the support Tulsa.. :confused:

You're welcome!

Saint3333
November 19th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I would prefer not to play EWU, but looking at the probable playoff field no game is going to be a gimme. I can't remember a year when there was this much parity and the 15th and 16th team had as good of a shot to win it all.

EWURanger
November 19th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I'd love to see an EWU-UNH first round. Meyer vs. Santos, Ball vs. Hendrix/Trufant... I think I'd even give EWU the edge because of the better secondary and Ryan Cole. But then again, maybe not because of EWU's horrid special teams. Anyway, what a beauty that would be.

Trufant looked to be injured in today's game. We'll see what happens with him. Anyways, yes, our special teams have been very bad this year, but they have gotten better as the year has progressed....they've gotten to the point where they're actually not half bad.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 09:36 PM
The committee is going to send EWU to Hampton. Make the "undefeated seed" play a tough opponent in the first round to prove themselves. That way when the next MEAC goes undefeated without playing any quality opponents and screams for a seed, the precedent has been set. :nod:

EWURanger
November 20th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Well bring 'em on!

Wellington
November 20th, 2005, 11:20 AM
EWU has a good chance of winning against any team this year..

JohnStOnge
November 20th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Only thing is I don't know what to make of Cal Davis. They beat Stanford and Cal Poly but lost to Stephen F. Austin. So how do we judge the signficance of beating them?

Of course SFA was pretty schizophrenic itself this year.

SwoopEWU
November 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
The significance is that we didnt play many starters after the second quarter and still crushed them. EWU's in and looking to come up big on the road, thank you bobcats

slostang
November 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Only thing is I don't know what to make of Cal Davis. They beat Stanford and Cal Poly but lost to Stephen F. Austin. So how do we judge the signficance of beating them?

Of course SFA was pretty schizophrenic itself this year.

Davis is a transitional team that only has about 32 or so scholarships and they just got those last year. As the year went on Davis had some of their top players go down and did not have the depth to replace them. They are going to be scary when the get up to 63 scholarships. Remember Davis was a very sucessful D-II team and they had no scholarships.

kalm
November 20th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Wow, thanks Griz and Cat fans! Nice show of support for the Big Sky! And yes we are getting healthy. Spoooooooooooky!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Looks like we're heading to Cedar Falls, and UNI is first on the block. Quarterfinals should be entertaining though; we'll play either no.3 Colgate or no. 1 New Hampshire!

Pantherpower
November 20th, 2005, 06:03 PM
How do you know you'll be playing UNH or Colgate? Already mailed in the W against UNI, eh? :rolleyes:

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2005, 07:51 PM
How do you know you'll be playing UNH or Colgate? Already mailed in the W against UNI, eh? :rolleyes:
Not to sound like an arrogant bastard, but have you seen E-2 Offense? Erik to Eric- they can put up points against any defense. And Meyer is not only playing for a national championship to end his senior year before he gets drafted in the NFL, but I'm pretty sure he wants that Payton Award as well. Our defense is pretty hot right now, and we've already played in two domes this year, and in front of a very loud 23,000+ Montana fans. Should be a great game, but EWU has this one.

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Should be a great game, but EWU has this one.

BOLD. Very bold statement. We WILL be ready.

Reed Rothchild
November 20th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Not to sound like an arrogant bastard
Usually when one starts a sentance with that, its pretty predictable how its going to come out.

If you guys are soooooooooo amazing, how do you have 4 loses?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Usually when one starts a sentance with that, its pretty predictable how its going to come out.

If you guys are soooooooooo amazing, how do you have 4 loses?
Because we play in the BSC; the toughest conference in I-AA, and our second string players aren't as talented as our starters. Kind hurts when you've had 19 injured players, 14 of which started at one point this season, miss for a combined 89 games.

But all that is behind us. We're in the playoffs, we're healthy, and we're playing top notch. I have no doubt the Panthers will be ready. Like I said, it will be a great game.

Reed Rothchild
November 20th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Because we play in the BSC; the toughest conference in I-AA, and our second string players aren't as talented as our starters. Kind hurts when you've had 19 injured players, 14 of which started at one point this season, miss for a combined 89 games.

But all that is behind us. We're in the playoffs, we're healthy, and we're playing top notch. I have no doubt the Panthers will be ready. Like I said, it will be a great game.

Thanks for the info.

UNI knows the injury bug very well. Had we not lost our QB for 3 games, we would be 9-2 and have a seed. We would have beat Missouri State, but I doubt that we could have beat Illinois State.

Best of luck to your team next Saturday.

kalm
November 20th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Yes, we barely made it, but don't the let the record fool you. This team is not just happy to be in. Though there have been a few road bumps along the way, these kids have a ton of confidence and experience. The team goal going into this season was to win a National Championship. They know they belong and can play with anybody. And yes, we'll have to do it on the road, but how many other teams have taken out the #1 and #2 (S. Illinois '04, Montana '05) ranked teams in the nation on the road over the last two seasons? Meyer and Co. haven't been stopped yet, and I don't think anybody will. The NIU game and each game thereafter (if we're fortunate) will come down to EWU making a few plays on defense. NIU and everyone we will face are quality teams, we're not trying to sound arrogant, just feeling good about our chances!

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2005, 08:59 PM
NIU and everyone we will face are quality teams, we're not trying to sound arrogant, just feeling good about our chances!

We are UNI, not NIU (Northern Illinois University). :o

Pantherpower
November 20th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Not to sound like an arrogant bastard, but have you seen E-2 Offense? Erik to Eric- they can put up points against any defense. And Meyer is not only playing for a national championship to end his senior year before he gets drafted in the NFL, but I'm pretty sure he wants that Payton Award as well. Our defense is pretty hot right now, and we've already played in two domes this year, and in front of a very loud 23,000+ Montana fans. Should be a great game, but EWU has this one.

While I can't speak for the team, I would venture a guess that they won't make any concessions for Erik because it's his senior year and he wants the Payton award as well. Just a hunch ;)

DaGriz
November 20th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Not to sound like an arrogant bastard.

To late.
I do agree though, EWU probably has the most talented all around team in the Big Sky. Kimble on turf and not at 7,000 feet is scary. (What is the altitude at UNI by the way?) I would worry about a talented UNI team on the road before you worry about UNH though.

Meyer and Co. haven't been stopped yet,

That's the problem with EWU this year, even if you stop Kimble, they have 2 or 3 other very talented WR's and their RB is no slouch either.

Reed Rothchild
November 20th, 2005, 09:44 PM
(What is the altitude at UNI by the way?)
873 ft.

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
873 ft.

Yeah, they might need oxygen tanks.

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2005, 09:49 PM
They don't need to worry about elevation.....but more that UNI is going to have the heat at 85+......

IF EWU doesn't have a indoor practice facilty.....I'd recommend practicing in your basketball/gymnasium.....

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
They don't need to worry about elevation.....but more that UNI is going to have the heat at 85+......

IF EWU doesn't have a indoor practice facilty.....I'd recommend practicing in your basketball/gymnasium.....

With speakers playing crowd noise...LOUD. :nod:

Reed Rothchild
November 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
With speakers playing crowd noise...LOUD. :nod:

Regardless of the numbers, the DOME will be rockin and the crowd will be into it. :nod:

Chi Panther
November 21st, 2005, 07:40 PM
Very excited.....

Its gonna be darn right tropical in there this weekend.....

bcrawf
November 21st, 2005, 07:55 PM
The Dome is so much more comfortable at 90 degrees with 15000 in the place, It feels like home!! :D