PDA

View Full Version : Sagarin, FBS/FCS

terrierbob
January 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
For better or worse, we're playing both USF* and U. Wis. in '09. They have Sagarins of 74.56 and 74.18 respectively. Ours is 68.16. Should I take any comfort in this?

*Scheduled USF several years ago when they weren't very good.

JMU DUUUKES LAW
January 2nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
doesn't USF graduate Groethe (cough cough overrated) . I'm a big USF hater, haha. Just because i HATE HATE overhype, like when they were #2 last year then fell off the face of the earth.

Since I've seen yalls powerful offensive attack (granted I have no idea what you graduated this offseason), i think you got a SHOT at either team, but very unlikely.

USF, although my bias says they're still overrated, recruits better speed than you likely have, mainly just based on south florida recruiting.

Wisc could be more likely just because they have been so down lately.

Anyways, just my opinions, which are always dangerous to follow, haha

AppAlum2003
January 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
doesn't USF graduate Groethe (cough cough overrated) . I'm a big USF hater, haha. Just because i HATE HATE overhype, like when they were #2 last year then fell off the face of the earth.

Since I've seen yalls powerful offensive attack (granted I have no idea what you graduated this offseason), i think you got a SHOT at either team, but very unlikely.

USF, although my bias says they're still overrated, recruits better speed than you likely have, mainly just based on south florida recruiting.

I doubt either school has seen a whole lot of the triple option... and I've heard that it's difficult to simulate during practice. So, if the Wooford defense can step it up, I don't see why an "upset" isn't possible.

Reign of Terrier
January 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
I doubt either school has seen a whole lot of the triple option... and I've heard that it's difficult to simulate during practice. So, if the Wooford defense can step it up, I don't see why an "upset" isn't possible.

You can count on that.

Eight Legger
January 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Why did you guys schedule two FBS games in one year? Especially in an 11-game year...that is brutal. Now you might have to go 8-1 outside of those games to make the playoffs. Ouch.

JMU DUUUKES LAW
January 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Why did you guys schedule two FBS games in one year? Especially in an 11-game year...that is brutal. Now you might have to go 8-1 outside of those games to make the playoffs. Ouch.

geez i didn't even think about that, thats really brutal

and if there's a DII team in your schedule too, its gonna be darn near impossible

terrierbob
January 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM

It may be a "re-building year", even if it's not, with regard to getting to playoffs.

We didn't schedule a Div. II school.

813Jag
January 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Grothe will be a senior this year. How is he overrated? He doesn't even get hype in Tampa. xconfusedx USF's defense doesn't have much size but they are fast especially Selvie. They'd be a better team if they actually used running backs to run the ball instead of Grothe.

89Hen
January 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
For better or worse, we're playing both USF* and U. Wis. in '09.
I'll go with "worse". Two I-A games in one year = VERY hard road to the playoffs unless you can pull one out.

appfan2008
January 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
tough schedule... seems stupid if you want to make playoffs for 3rd straight year...

spdram
January 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Ouch, hope that is not a regular occurence. In 2000 Richmond made the quarterfinals and had most starters coming back for 2001. Most fans were hoping for another playoff berth. We scheduled Virginia and Vandy in the first two games and were so beat up that we ended up going 3-8. (BTW lost to UVA 17-16 with a controversial call back of a Richmond TD with minutes to go in the game and then gave Vandy all they wanted losing 28-22). If I recall we lost 6 starters for most of the season in those 2 games. Hope you have a better result!

terrierbob
January 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I feel much better now. Yikes.

yosef1969
January 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I feel much better now. Yikes.

In 2005 ASU had Kansas and LSU, lost both games and lost a close one to FU in Greenville but all in all it worked out...

AlphaSigMD
January 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
In 2005 ASU had Kansas and LSU, lost both games and lost a close one to FU in Greenville but all in all it worked out...

I was just about to post this exact same thing. Kudos.

EKU05
January 5th, 2009, 06:18 PM

We're doing it too as the Colonels visit both Indiana and Kentucky in 2009.