PDA

View Full Version : app losing a coach

mtnman
December 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
just heard that saterfield is going to toledo if true i wish him good luck,i always thought he would take over when moore is done.i hope this is not true but its the word on campus

Rekdiver
December 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
Nothing out there in print yet. I would think he could do alot better than going to the Rockets! Could be that Elliott is the next coach although I would prefer Scott.

Hope its not true but we've been luck to keep him this long.

mtnman
December 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
from what i hear on campus was that he let coach moore know yesterday,i agree dont know why he would want to go to toledo

blueballs
December 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
If true that is kinda surprising. I had always thought that Satterfield was the "head coach in waiting" at App.

Congratulations to Satterfield if true, congratulations to App if not true.

Touchdown Yosef
December 31st, 2008, 01:03 PM
I thought it was an agreement that it was his team when Moore left but who knows. I thought that was the only reason he stuck around this long. This really stings if its true...

smallcollegefbfan
December 31st, 2008, 01:13 PM
There are lots of coaches such as Tim Horton, Scott Settle, maybe Ruffin McNeil, possibly George Edwards, Everett Withers, etc. with either NFL experience or were winners even before Elliott and Satterfield were at ASU. Would surprise me to see either of them get that job.

Appinator
December 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM
I haven't been able to find any info saying he was a candidate, and from what I saw on the Toledo website, they have already hired 4 coordinators in early December. If they plan on bringing in Satterfield, they'll have a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

Appinator
December 31st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Based on the four coaches you’ve announced thus far, it looks like you’ve put a priority on hiring coaches that you’ve worked with before.

Beckman: Of the nine coaches we are bringing in, I have worked with eight of them before somewhere along the way. These are coaches I’ve been in the staff room with or coaches on the field with. These are coaches that I know first-hand are winners.

Satterfield could be the other....

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 31st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Is the new Tulsa coach planning on running the same type of Spread that App. runs? If that's the case, I can see why they'd want Satterfield as a QB coach.

mistersykes
December 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM
If true, this is a big blow. Why Toledo?!

hapapp
December 31st, 2008, 02:44 PM
May be more $$$. May allow him to diversify his resume. May be looking for a challenge. The reasons people leave are usually personal and may not seem logical to others.

AppMan
December 31st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Some of you guys need to take off those rose colored glasses and start looking at reality. Whether you want to admit it or not Toledo and the MAC is a step up from ASU and the SmallCon. It doesn't have to be a FCS conference before it is move up. More money, more exposure, better competition, better funding, bigger facilities, ect, ect. I am continually amazed at what I read on these message boards. An "agreement" he would be the next head coach at ASU? Charlie Cobb would not be foolish enough to make that type of agreement. The primary reason these guys have stuck around so long is because there hasn't been any good offers to leave. Elliot had the chance to go to Troy last year, but if you knew the inside story on Troy you wouldn't have gone either. John Wiley had the opportunity to become the DB coach at K State two years ago, but at this point in his life spending time with his kids is more important to him than the money. Lonnie Galloway wasn't being paid that much money before left to go to WVa. Guys, this is a business and although he is an App grad he wants to move up the ladder.

appstate38
December 31st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Well if he does leave I wish him well. One of the great strengths of this program is that the staff as been together for so long. Great consistency and that can be hard to come by. Plus you have to consider that Satterfield has been a mountaineer for a LONG time. He helped get us to championship status. How much more could he accomplish here. Sometimes I guess it is time for new challenges and seeing if you can build another program to the level of the one you left. Still I hope he doesn't go, but I understand if he does.

Touchdown Yosef
December 31st, 2008, 06:56 PM
well maybe we can lure him back in a few years when JM does retire

smallcollegefbfan
December 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM

Don't see ASU chasing Scott when they have guys like George Edwards, Tim Horton, John Settle, Ruffin McNeil, etc. who would want the job. Believe it or not ASU has a lot of coaches with NFL and major FBS experience who would like to have that job.

appstate38
December 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Don't see ASU chasing Scott when they have guys like George Edwards, Tim Horton, John Settle, Ruffin McNeil, etc. who would want the job. Believe it or not ASU has a lot of coaches with NFL and major FBS experience who would like to have that job.

Just curious as to where you got your info about those coaches. Coach Edwards was only there for 2 years, 3 at the most.

Skjellyfetti
December 31st, 2008, 09:54 PM
This is confirmed. :(

He'll have the same position at Toledo- co-offensive coordinator in charge of the passing game. Best of luck to him.

texcap
January 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM

My guess is that every one of those listed make more, if not much more than what ASU will pay a head coach at the FCS level. Of course if ASU was willing to pay FBS level $$$ with the prospect of being able to lead a move to FBS the job would potentially attract some of the names mentioned.

ASU Tailgaiteer
January 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM
If true, this is a big blow. Why Toledo?!

Toledo is smack dab in the middle of Big 10 Country. If RichRod has success implementing the spread at Michigan, other Big 10 teams are going to make the switch as well.

Mix in a little success at Toledo with 3 Championships and a Payton Award Winner under your coaching belt, and the right opportunity may present itself.

DX Man
January 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM

You may be on to something.

I wish him the best of luck!

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Some of you guys need to take off those rose colored glasses and start looking at reality. Whether you want to admit it or not Toledo and the MAC is a step up from ASU and the SmallCon. It doesn't have to be a FCS conference before it is move up. More money, more exposure, better competition, better funding, bigger facilities, ect, ect. I am continually amazed at what I read on these message boards. An "agreement" he would be the next head coach at ASU? Charlie Cobb would not be foolish enough to make that type of agreement. The primary reason these guys have stuck around so long is because there hasn't been any good offers to leave. Elliot had the chance to go to Troy last year, but if you knew the inside story on Troy you wouldn't have gone either. John Wiley had the opportunity to become the DB coach at K State two years ago, but at this point in his life spending time with his kids is more important to him than the money. Lonnie Galloway wasn't being paid that much money before left to go to WVa. Guys, this is a business and although he is an App grad he wants to move up the ladder.

A higher level of competition? Did you see what North Dakota State did to the best team in the MAC last year? Also, I'd be willing to bet ASU has played more games on ESPN in the past three years than Toledo has.

The real reason he is leaving is probably because he has a family and he has an opportunity to make a better life for them with a better salary. I wish him the best.

McNeese75
January 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM

The Toledo football stadium is NOT better and may not be bigger than the Rock. Their turf is quirky and very slick for visiting teams.

blitz4
January 2nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
Satterfield=product of Ritchie Williams+Armanti Edwards....Good luck at Toledo.

AppMan
January 2nd, 2009, 06:03 AM
A higher level of competition? Did you see what North Dakota State did to the best team in the MAC last year? Also, I'd be willing to bet ASU has played more games on ESPN in the past three years than Toledo has.

The real reason he is leaving is probably because he has a family and he has an opportunity to make a better life for them with a better salary. I wish him the best.

You pick out 1 game to support an arguement? Based on your twisted logic I guess Michigan is a step down from ASU since we beat them a year ago. Give me a break. If you can not come to grips with the fact the MAC is a step up from FCS football you're not dealing with reality.

AppMan
January 2nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
The Toledo football stadium is NOT better and may not be bigger than the Rock. Their turf is quirky and very slick for visiting teams.

The Glass Bowl is bigger (26,000 seats vs 22,500 seats after ASU's new facility is finished) and a new Field Turf playing surface was installed before this past season. ASU's turf has 6 seasons on it, but is due to be replaced by 2010 (this time w/o soccer and field hockey lines). Plus, we've got that stupid track around the field. Until that track is removed and those soccer/field hockey lines are gone KBS will always be an all purpose stadium and not a football stadium. Toledo just opened a new athletic center and are in the process of building a new indoor practice facility. Once the new press box and athletic building is completed ASU will have some of the best facilies in FCS football, but Toledo has some fine facilities as well.

Rekdiver
January 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
I am surprised that there weren't other schools in better conferences than the MAC that were interested in Scott. He's done a great job for ASU.
Could it be that he was told the team might not be his at the end of Moore's tenure?

How much do assistants make in Boone? probably in the $60 to $80 range?

If you want to move up you needto show success at more than one school. He will be more noticed at Toledo than ASU.

I wish him well.

appfan2008
January 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
congratulations to scott... he is probably going to make more money there than he did at asu and at the end of the day he has a family to feed... bummer for app but i bet someone can step in there and take over... (TREY ELDER anyone???)... he was a grad assistant this year... totally wouldnt surprise me at all if he took over the qb job... he could learn more next year as AE would practically be a coach on the field and will more than ready the next year to completely take over the reins as qb coach... what do you all think???

GaSouthern
January 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
GREAT NEWS, now if Armanti can leave for the NFL a year early then this would make me think we have a chance to win the SoCon this year! Too bad it seems at best we will be waiting until 2010. Apps are not in trouble yet.

Saint3333
January 2nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Satterfield=product of Ritchie Williams+Armanti Edwards....Good luck at Toledo.

Hate much, how could you possibly know this?

His play calling and knowledge of the spread is top notch.

appfan2008
January 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM

he was here long before both those guys anyway!

ASU
January 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM

I wish Scott Satterfield ALL the best.....he is a true Mountaineer hero to many people......great QB, great coach, and great human being from what I have heard. I am sure he will always be a Mountaineer at heart no matter where he hangs his hat.......just like the Mountaineer heart will always have a special place for him.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Just curious as to where you got your info about those coaches. Coach Edwards was only there for 2 years, 3 at the most.

I just know about some of these coaches and I can guarantee you some coaches with NFL experience who have been around much longer will want it. Not putting down Elliott or Satterfield but just noting that there are past coaches who will want that job who have talked to Jerry Moore before those two even became names to consider about that job.

hapapp
January 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
It's official.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/04/asu-assistant-heading-to-toledo/sports-college/

thmst30
January 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
So, two years and two coaches. Who do we lose next year?

Jerbearasu
January 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
It's official.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/04/asu-assistant-heading-to-toledo/sports-college/

Sure did seem like Scott was pretty eager to talk in that interview. Talking about how coach has his reasons for not naming someone an OC, how he'd like to be the HC down the line at App, even mentioning names of who will take over for him next year. Usually people aren't so candid when it comes to interviews like that.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Sure did seem like Scott was pretty eager to talk in that interview. Talking about how coach has his reasons for not naming someone an OC, how he'd like to be the HC down the line at App, even mentioning names of who will take over for him next year. Usually people aren't so candid when it comes to interviews like that.

Good interview. Scott is very smart. There are people on here and the MMB who don't realize that however they spin it the MAC is a step up from the SoCon and FCS. Bottom line is he took a step up here for a better job and will make more money to help him in his further goal of becoming a head coach. This is a good move for him and I wish him the best of luck as he moves upward in the coaching ranks. Congrats Scott and hopefully we will see you back in the FCS as a HC sometime in the next few years.

Jerbearasu
January 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Good interview. Scott is very smart. There are people on here and the MMB who don't realize that however they spin it the MAC is a step up from the SoCon and FCS. Bottom line is he took a step up here for a better job and will make more money to help him in his further goal of becoming a head coach. This is a good move for him and I wish him the best of luck as he moves upward in the coaching ranks. Congrats Scott and hopefully we will see you back in the FCS as a HC sometime in the next few years.

Not disagreeing with you there. While I would rather play for a national championship than the whocares.com bowl the MAC is a good move. I think most of the disappointment is the fact that he didn't receive a similar promotion to a Big East or ACC school though (even C-USA would have been better than the MAC). And also the fact that he is not even the OC at Toledo is kinda disappointing. He is a really good coach and I think someone from a mid-level Big East school would have given him a similar position.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Not disagreeing with you there. While I would rather play for a national championship than the whocares.com bowl the MAC is a good move. I think most of the disappointment is the fact that he didn't receive a similar promotion to a Big East or ACC school though (even C-USA would have been better than the MAC). And also the fact that he is not even the OC at Toledo is kinda disappointing. He is a really good coach and I think someone from a mid-level Big East school would have given him a similar position.

Coaches who deserve a shot usually climb the ladder sooner or later. He will climb the ranks as he should, just give him time.

I am not trying to stir an argument but you have to remember the the whocares.com bowl pays out much more than the FCS Champion makes by winning it. ASU makes a lot of money throughout the playoffs but they are an exception to the others as most ll dney used from those bowls and increased money that FBS schools make helps them pay better salaries. Regardless of what people think this is a business and while it is about the love of the game for players and fans it is about the money for schools, conferences, and advertisers.

Satterfield chose the money and a chance to become HC one day by improving his visibility over winning FCS titles. This has to tell people something. It is about the money and Satterfield is getting his payday, which makes this job better than anything he has had before.

Again, congrats to Scott on this step up and I wish him well. I do think if he was named the coach in waiting like most felt that he would have stayed so this must show that he knows his resume needs a boost to put himself in that discussion. Still waiting to hear that announcement from Jerry Moore or Cobb that Scott or Shawn is the next head coach at ASU. Like I said before, those two will be under consideration but they have some stiff competition for that job and nothing is guaranteed to any assistant on that staff.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM
You pick out 1 game to support an arguement? Based on your twisted logic I guess Michigan is a step down from ASU since we beat them a year ago. Give me a break. If you can not come to grips with the fact the MAC is a step up from FCS football you're not dealing with reality.

Yeah, but you guys didn't beat Michigan by 30 points. xrolleyesx

There's a reason why MAC teams generally don't play the better I-AA teams. It may be a step up in terms of salary, but the level of competition is not any higher in the MAC. It's not as if major FCS programs can't take recruits from mid-major FBS schools like Toledo.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM

There's a reason why MAC teams generally don't play the better I-AA teams. It may be a step up in terms of salary, but the level of competition is not any higher in the MAC. It's not as if major FCS programs can't take recruits from mid-major FBS schools like Toledo.

Very true but coaches don't take jobs based on how good a team is. Coaches like Scott who are younger and moving up the ladder take jobs based on money, exposure to bigger jobs, etc. and the bottom line is that Toledo is a step up in that regard.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM

Based on their argument then App State is a better job than South Carolina because they beat them in the 1970s. I guess Spurrier needs to turn down those millions he is making and the prestige of the SEC for 180k at App State and the prestige that the SoCon and FCS has over the SEC. I know it is different teams but the same logic they are using. You are one of the few App people who are looking at it the same way that coaches, media, players, etc. look at the FCS and FBS. People in FCS need to look at it from the business perspective and take their homer glasses off. :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Exactly what I said, SCFBF.

Saint3333
January 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Scott's official title at ASU was "QB Coach" who also called the plays, his new position is "QB Coach/Co-offensive coordinator". This is definitely a step up.

However a QB coach at a MAC school is perceived by the ADs and coaches around the nation as a higher position than a QB coach at an FCS program (no matter which one). While you may be correct the competition may not be significantly better the perception of the decision maker (AD and head coach) is more important that what you or I believe.

AppAlum2003
January 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Scott's official title at ASU was "QB Coach" who also called the plays, his new position is "QB Coach/Co-offensive coordinator". This is definitely a step up.

However a QB coach at a MAC school is perceived by the ADs and coaches around the nation as a higher position than a QB coach at an FCS program (no matter which one). While you may be correct the competition may not be significantly better the perception of the decision maker (AD and head coach) is more important that what you or I believe.

The underlying factor of this perception is, when it all boils down to it, ceiling. Don't get me wrong, I love the playoff format FCS uses. However, look at teams like Ball State and Buffalo. They were flat out AWFUL for, well, ever. Now, they're both playing in post-New Years bowl games worth a lot of money. Regardless of the level of competition in conferences such as the MAC, this is a pretty big deal for these schools.

proasu89
January 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Based on their argument then App State is a better job than South Carolina because they beat them in the 1970s. I guess Spurrier needs to turn down those millions he is making and the prestige of the SEC for 180k at App State and the prestige that the SoCon and FCS has over the SEC. I know it is different teams but the same logic they are using. You are one of the few App people who are looking at it the same way that coaches, media, players, etc. look at the FCS and FBS. People in FCS need to look at it from the business perspective and take their homer glasses off. :)

You are correct.

ASUMountaineer
January 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I don't blame him one bit. Wish I knew the reason Coach never wanted to name an OC. Anyways, it is a step-up, it's more money, and it will definitely be perceived as a greater position to be Co-OC at a I-A MAC school than a QB coach at a I-AA school. We all need to realize our place. We are in FCS, which is considered a step down. I'm ok with that...not sure why so many people are concerned with "playing with the big boys" or what FBS people think. Who gives a crap?

SoCon48
January 4th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Doug, IMO the Mac is a baby step up from the top of the SoCon. The top 3 of the SoCon would stomp the bottom 3 of the MAC most years.

SoCon48
January 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I don't blame him one bit. Wish I knew the reason Coach never wanted to name an OC. Anyways, it is a step-up, it's more money, and it will definitely be perceived as a greater position to be Co-OC at a I-A MAC school than a QB coach at a I-AA school. We all need to realize our place. We are in FCS, which is considered a step down. I'm ok with that...not sure why so many people are concerned with "playing with the big boys" or what FBS people think. Who gives a crap?

I'm guessing it had to do with having to run off Rob Best who was the OC. He and Rob were very good friends. It was the right thing to do, but still very tough to do for Jerry.

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Doug, IMO the Mac is a baby step up from the top of the SoCon. The top 3 of the SoCon would stomp the bottom 3 of the MAC most years.

What about the rest of the match ups? Our top three over their bottom three isn't exactly what I'd call a ringing endorsement of the SoCon and makes the point the MAC is a better league. Like a lot of good programs that fall on hard times Toledo is working to get ack to the top of the heap where they were back in the late 90's and early 2000's when they won 3 conference championships.

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 06:13 AM

Thank you. There is a pecking order in college football and some FCS fans can not bring themselves to face that fact. There are reasons the FCS is allowed only 63 scholarships, not as many coaches, and no minimum requirements for scholarships, attendance, stadium size, ect. Our teams don't sign as highly of recruited players across the board and our assistant coaches leave for better paying jobs with those schools. It is a lower level of competition.

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 06:25 AM

Think what you will, but the MAC is a step up in terms of competition. ASU would not have come close to going through the MAC undefeated like we did in the SoCon. GSU is like ASU in that we get the top recruits who fall to the FCS and do manage to steal a few away from the SunBelt or MAC every now and again. But, while we may pick up a half dozen of those type recruits those schools are siging 20-30 per season and in turn they do steal a few away from some other higher rated FBS schools.

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 06:36 AM

I give a crap. The same reason I want ASU constantly working to improve academics because I don't want our school to be percieved as a step below others in the state.

JM is working with a lot of ego's on his staff and all the winning has made it more difficult. A lot of positioning going on to get in line as Jerry's successor. ASU is at a critical stage right now with the coaching staff.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Think what you will, but the MAC is a step up in terms of competition. ASU would not have come close to going through the MAC undefeated like we did in the SoCon. GSU is like ASU in that we get the top recruits who fall to the FCS and do manage to steal a few away from the SunBelt or MAC every now and again. But, while we may pick up a half dozen of those type recruits those schools are siging 20-30 per season and in turn they do steal a few away from some other higher rated FBS schools.

It's not "every now and again". It's actually quite often. If you haven't already been doing this, pay attention to the places that have extended offers even to signees of top and even mid-level FCS programs. It isn't uncommon to see Sun Belt and MAC schools on the lists. Let me point out a few examples I have seen in just the past few days...Catamount Man's thread mentions that WCU got the Cabral guy that had an offer from Middle Tennessee State. GSU has a DL commit that had offers from Troy and Cincinatti. NDSU already has several signees with offers from MAC schools.

Trust me, there is a reason teams from lower FBS conferences generally avoid playing top I-AA teams. Look at the most recent examples of these games...UNH beats Marshall by 13, North Dakota State beats the MAC champions of 2007 by 30, and McNeese State beats a Sun-Belt team with a 3-4 conference record by 21. It's just not a fluke when it happens like that.

I'm not saying that I blame Satterfield for taking the job, but I think it's silly to think he is doing this for a career challenge and not because he has a family to think of and the pay is better. I'd bet you his pay at Toledo will be at least 15% higher than his current salary. If pay is how you want to define how "high" a job is, then that's fair enough for me. But just because the pay is higher doesn't imply the level of competition is better. GSU probably could have beaten Navy every year that Paul Johnson coached for us (considering Delaware has a 2-1 record against PJ's Navy teams), but that doesn't mean PJ wasn't going to take the Navy job with the pay being about 5-fold what it was at GSU.

WUTNDITWAA
January 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I give a crap. The same reason I want ASU constantly working to improve academics because I don't want our school to be percieved as a step below others in the state.

JM is working with a lot of ego's on his staff and all the winning has made it more difficult. A lot of positioning going on to get in line as Jerry's successor. ASU is at a critical stage right now with the coaching staff.

I was wondering how much of that was happening. We had best be careful. We don't want the same thing to happen to us that happened to Georgia Southern after Erk and Paul Johnson.

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
It's not "every now and again". It's actually quite often. If you haven't already been doing this, pay attention to the places that have extended offers even to signees of top and even mid-level FCS programs. It isn't uncommon to see Sun Belt and MAC schools on the lists. Let me point out a few examples I have seen in just the past few days...Catamount Man's thread mentions that WCU got the Cabral guy that had an offer from Middle Tennessee State. GSU has a DL commit that had offers from Troy and Cincinatti. NDSU already has several signees with offers from MAC schools.

Trust me, there is a reason teams from lower FBS conferences generally avoid playing top I-AA teams. Look at the most recent examples of these games...UNH beats Marshall by 13, North Dakota State beats the MAC champions of 2007 by 30, and McNeese State beats a Sun-Belt team with a 3-4 conference record by 21. It's just not a fluke when it happens like that.

I'm not saying that I blame Satterfield for taking the job, but I think it's silly to think he is doing this for a career challenge and not because he has a family to think of and the pay is better. I'd bet you his pay at Toledo will be at least 15% higher than his current salary. If pay is how you want to define how "high" a job is, then that's fair enough for me. But just because the pay is higher doesn't imply the level of competition is better. GSU probably could have beaten Navy every year that Paul Johnson coached for us (considering Delaware has a 2-1 record against PJ's Navy teams), but that doesn't mean PJ wasn't going to take the Navy job with the pay being about 5-fold what it was at GSU.

If a FCS school signs 2-3 per year it doesn't elevate the talent level high enough to offset a roster made up of 80 to 90% of those types of players.

Skjellyfetti
February 25th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Trey Elder is going to coach football, track, and teach at Byrne High School in South Carolina. Was confirmed today on the Rivals site.

Seemed like a done deal that he would be joining the App staff... possibly as the QB coach replacing Satterfield. Oh well, I wish him the best... I'll always remember that run against Delaware. xnodxxbowx

SoCon48
February 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM
If a FCS school signs 2-3 per year it doesn't elevate the talent level high enough to offset a roster made up of 80 to 90% of those types of players.

You'd think with all that talent, they wouldn't suk so bad and actually draw decent crowds.