PDA

View Full Version : A little love for Appy

Tealblood
December 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM
As I get every year for a Christmas present-the ESPN Sports Almanac

For those that have never seen one you need it I keep mine in the reading room and it lasts pretty much all year-I reference back to it all the time

It does most every sport and has the history of each as well- you don't know who the '29 Rose Bowl it has the answer the score and the team they beat

college football is the 2nd section as usual behind baseball--whatever

the point of this post on the section titled College Football it is a full page picture of Jerry Moore being carried off the field after the Michigan game in the forground of the picture is #46-not sure who he is

the picture is titled something like App St. opens an upset filled season by knocking off Michigan in week #1---or something to that effect

Tealblood
December 30th, 2008, 07:00 AM
sorry if someone else has already brought this up

and I don't want to be a shill for the book--but for any sports fan it is great resource

Appguy
December 30th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Nice! Ill have to check that out

appfan2008
December 30th, 2008, 09:48 AM
very cool... i used to get that book every year growing up and i would keep it on the back of the toilet!!!... it is much better than the si version

Pitz
December 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
App State beat Michigan? xconfusedx

AshevilleApp2
December 30th, 2008, 10:55 AM
App State beat Michigan? xconfusedx

At this point it is just a rumor. Stay tuned for details. xnodx

Tealblood
December 30th, 2008, 12:38 PM
very cool... i used to get that book every year growing up and i would keep it on the back of the toilet!!!... it is much better than the si version

agreed the SI version was not nearly as well organized