PDA

View Full Version : The Official Colgate Dancing for Joy Thread

colgate13
November 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Outstanding!

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/7/1948/320/napoleon%20dancing.jpg

Playoffs, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The question is, who are we facing? UNH? Youngstown St.? I'm betting UNH...

November 19th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Congrats Raiders! :nod:

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Outstanding!

I believe it too will be UNH and it will be a long day for the tarder control. ;)

colgate13
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Congrats Raiders! :nod:

I know we're your favorite PL team. ;)

blukeys
November 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I know we're your favorite PL team. ;)

2 words. Eight turnovers. ;)

Congrats to the Raiders. Now if Lehigh is left out, will we hear the Mountain Hawk whine?

btuttler23
November 19th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Not at all. Colgate should the only PL team in. End of story.

Eagle22
November 19th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Outstanding!

http://sctv.org/characters/edgrimley/edphoto.jpg

These games are making me completely mental, I must say !!! :D

hawkineer
November 19th, 2005, 05:06 PM

Congrats to the Raiders. Now if Lehigh is left out, will we hear the Mountain Hawk whine?
Not here - they had their opportunity and choked. :bang: Good luck Colgate. You did what you had to do.

Go...gate
November 20th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I've had to be off the board the last seven weeks, but it is great to be back, and even greater to have Colgate back in the 1-AA tournament. :)

ngineer
November 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Congrats there 13--do us proud. No easy task, but Biddle is a good coach and should have 'em ready. Was also glad to see the 'pards get in. Shows that the Committee respected their win, yesterday, as opposed to the weak YSU OOC schedule.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Congrats to Colgate!!!!!

I'm sure this is a different and improved team from week 1, but its a nice footnote to our season too. Maybe CCSU helped shake things up in Hamilton :) Good luck in the playoffs.

Go...gate
November 20th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Kudos to you NEC guys as well for taking a very decisive step toward being an even stronger 1-AA conference.

wildcat_fan
November 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
You will be playing UNH in Durham. Game is at Noon on ESPN2.

ngineer
November 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Oh, the weather outside will be frightful...at least according t long-range forecast. Storm left from hurricane to move up coast and dump snow on on Thanksgiving into Friday. Could change--but for you two, you should feel at home! ;)

colgate13
November 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
When is the last time UNH played in a blizzard type game?

LUHawker
November 20th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Nope. No whining. Many of us have serious beefs with Coach Lembo and Co. for the play calling but we didn't pull out the win and so we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Just one question for you, when LU fans complain or otherwise disagree with rankings, ratings, or other opinions, why is that considered "whining", but when UD fans do it, its considered discussion or observations?

Frankly, I think many fans on this board and UD fans in particular misunderstand LU fans. We have fierce loyalty to the University and high expectations; as a result we are critical. Many non-Lehigh folks think its a "superiority" complex, but its not, its a Lehigh pride issue.

DetroitFlyer
November 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Colgate, a team that loses to a "Mid-Major" is in the 1-AA playoffs while an 11-1 San diego team sits at home. To add insult to injury, a second PL team was invited. There is no justice in 1-AA playoff land!

colgate13
November 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Colgate, a team that loses to a "Mid-Major" is in the 1-AA playoffs while an 11-1 San diego team sits at home. To add insult to injury, a second PL team was invited. There is no justice in 1-AA playoff land!

Uh, OK Mr. Outoftouch.

Colgate got in because the PL has an autobid. Nothing else.

Lafayette got in because of who they beat. Who has San Diego beat?

You don't like it, go to the Great West conference.

Go...gate
November 20th, 2005, 08:59 PM
USD had a fine team (I saw them play at Princeton) and it would be intriuging to see them in the playoff field, but there is no need to denigrate Lafayette or Colgate, whose programs are far more established than USD's and have been highly competitive in the 1-AA playoffs since the early 1980's. Why doesn't the PFL petition the NCAA for an automatic playoff berth, so these arguments can be settled on the field?

X-Factor
November 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Remember who that one loss was too? That is your answer. There is no way SD could stay within 21 points of ANY of the 2005 playoff teams.

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Congrats Colgate :)

LeopardFan04
November 20th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Congrats Raiders...See in the championship... ;)

chrebet87
November 21st, 2005, 12:23 AM
i am a freshman here at colgate and i have been a football nut all of my life. Coming off the debacle against Central Conn State the year blew me a way and i cant wait to watch the raiders on sat at noon. UNH only beat Umass by 8 and if we can find a way to force turnovers like we did then it can be a close game. Mike has been great at the helm all year i just hope he doesnt make stupid passes like he has at certain points throughout the year. I think Nepa is going to go off on a great note and have a big game on saturday. By the way all you colgate posters are you alumni or students.

Lets go 'Gate

blur2005
November 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
Uh, what are you smoking? You ARE a mid-major. And you lost to the only good team on your schedule. SD practically lost to Marist for crying out loud. Give me a break. Join the Great West or something.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2005, 01:27 AM

San Diego would be squarely on the bubble even in a 24 team field. I'd invite
16. Coastal Carolina
17. South Carolina St.
18. UMass
19. YSU
20. Montana St.
21. Hofstra
22. Illinois St.
23. Lehigh
24. E. Kentucky/A-10 team

before considering San Diego.

Frankly San Diego would have to go 11-0, blow out everyone, and hope the rest of I-AA is horrible in a 16 team field. Join the Great West and play Cal Poly or Montana for a really good resume like the above mention.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
Kudos to you NEC guys as well for taking a very decisive step toward being an even stronger 1-AA conference.

That's good and all, but won't these teams start going head to head with the Patriot League for players? And will it eventually give them an auto-bid that could take away a PL at-large team in the future?

colgate13
November 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM
i am a freshman here at colgate and i have been a football nut all of my life. Coming off the debacle against Central Conn State the year blew me a way and i cant wait to watch the raiders on sat at noon. UNH only beat Umass by 8 and if we can find a way to force turnovers like we did then it can be a close game. Mike has been great at the helm all year i just hope he doesnt make stupid passes like he has at certain points throughout the year. I think Nepa is going to go off on a great note and have a big game on saturday. By the way all you colgate posters are you alumni or students.

Lets go 'Gate

Welcome Colgate 'first-year'! Glad to see you found this community.

I can't speak for all, but I think most of us are alums. The Valley Raider is still a student if I remember correctly. I think he's in the band too.

I think you hit the nail on the head: solid defense like against UMass, no stupid turnovers for Saraceno and a big game by players like Nepa, Bean, Galletly, etc. and Colgate will find themselves in this one at the end. We just can't go in like we did against Lehigh. We won't win a shootout. Play 'Colgate football' and we'll increase our chances of winning 1000%.

Don't be a stranger! :)

colgate13
November 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM
That's good and all, but won't these teams start going head to head with the Patriot League for players? And will it eventually give them an auto-bid that could take away a PL at-large team in the future?

My opinion only:

No and no.

First, these teams are more likely to compete with A-10 for players. We already compete nationally for players. Scholarships aren't necessarily going to make a player choose Monmouth or CCSU or Albany over Colgate, Lehigh or Lafayette. We already win recruiting battles against traditional scholarship schools. The NEC may get a few, but it won't be huge.

Playoffs? The NEC will likely force a playoff expansion along with the GWFC and possibly Big South.

A side effect: one more 'non-scholarship' league bites the dust. One less peer to look at for the Patriot League and say, 'see, they do it too'. One more reason to approve football scholarships.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2005, 12:40 PM
My opinion only:

No and no.

First, these teams are more likely to compete with A-10 for players. We already compete nationally for players. Scholarships aren't necessarily going to make a player choose Monmouth or CCSU or Albany over Colgate, Lehigh or Lafayette. We already win recruiting battles against traditional scholarship schools. The NEC may get a few, but it won't be huge.

Playoffs? The NEC will likely force a playoff expansion along with the GWFC and possibly Big South.

A side effect: one more 'non-scholarship' league bites the dust. One less peer to look at for the Patriot League and say, 'see, they do it too'. One more reason to approve football scholarships.

Thanks for the insight. :)
GWFC will definetely see a playoff bid. I might not be accurate about this, but North Dakota St., Northern Colorado, and UC Davis are joining that leauge once completing D-II transitions. All three have turned heads this year.

colgate13
November 21st, 2005, 12:53 PM
GWFC has a problem keeping members though. Northern Colorado is off to the Big Sky I think. The Dakotas could be too one day, who knows?

buckp
November 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
'Gate will shine tonight...'Gate will shine! :D ;)

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been too busy planning my trip to NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!! :eek: :D :D :nod: :nod: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

More thoughts on the game later during the week, but my early feeling is that this will be a good one. WE'RE BACK IN!

Some congrats to Lafayette for a stirring comeback victory are in order, and for Lehigh for the great season they had. I know Hawkineer fans are disappointed in the final outcome, but from an outsider's point of view you still have much to be proud of. Good luck in 2006.

unialum95
November 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM
We're not overlooking EWU, but you've got a bunch of fans in Iowa this weekend (probably in Washington too). Good luck! We'll be watching before heading to our 7pm CST kickoff against EWU.

dwtime
November 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM
We're not overlooking EWU, but you've got a bunch of fans in Iowa this weekend (probably in Washington too). Good luck! We'll be watching before heading to our 7pm CST kickoff against EWU.

Pining for another home game i see! ;) Or is it that you remember a bad experience the last time your team ventured to New England for a 1-AA playoff game?

If you've forgotten just ask Kurt Warner. ;)

Seriously this should be a great game, if both teams play the way they should UNH wins but if UNH is tight or has another bad day on defense like the first half of the Maine game then it could be a Colgate upset.

colgate13
November 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM

This is officially the last moment I will allow myself the pleasure of looking ahead, but the very first Colgate/UNI matchup would be an outstanding exclamation point to this season.

There, that was nice. From now on, it's all Wildcats:

http://www.moviesection.de/v3/img/datenbank/cats1.gif

U-G-L-Y,
You ain't got no albi
You ugly,
wha wha
You ugly!