PDA

View Full Version : FCS gets it right.

Bulldog87
December 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Watching last nights game proves again that the FCS gets it right. After getting through the playoffs coming from behind in 3 games the Spiders won it all. Richmond wouldn't have had a chance in the FBS system with 3 losses. Is there a 2 or 3 loss FBS team that could win it all if they had a playoff system? BTW,It was refreshing to see the sportsmanship of the players on both sides during the game. I didn't see a whole lot of taunting from either team. Both squads had some really good players from the Richmond QB,RB and DE to Montana's SS. There's a lot of talent on FCS teams that hopefully will get more national exposure next season. I can't wait until September.

UMass922
December 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Is there a 2 or 3 loss FBS team that could win it all if they had a playoff system?

I think Georgia Tech is a good example of a three-loss team that could make some noise in a 16-team FBS playoff.

Both squads had some really good players from the Richmond QB,RB and DE to Montana's SS.

Definitely. Montana's WR Mariani really stood out, too.

Old Cat Fan
December 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Watching last nights game proves again that the FCS gets it right. After getting through the playoffs coming from behind in 3 games the Spiders won it all. Richmond wouldn't have had a chance in the FBS system with 3 losses. Is there a 2 or 3 loss FBS team that could win it all if they had a playoff system? BTW,It was refreshing to see the sportsmanship of the players on both sides during the game. I didn't see a whole lot of taunting from either team. Both squads had some really good players from the Richmond QB,RB and DE to Montana's SS. There's a lot of talent on FCS teams that hopefully will get more national exposure next season. I can't wait until September.

I know that after watching the playoffs with the loser goes home and winner moves on pressure packed games, when I tuned into the FBS bowls game this afternoon, I was asking myself, why are they playing these games? to be the such and such bowl winner.,might as well be playing an exhibition game almost commical xlolx

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
To be fair to Richmond (and ASU, JMU, 'Nova, etc.) they were a 2-loss team at FCS. FBS teams don't have a "level-up" game so I think an FBS playoff would be unlikely to include an at-large with more than 2 losses.

Personally I don't think an FCS team should make the playoffs with more than 3 FCS losses. That's why the argument that Elon got "woofed" is bogus. 4 FCS losses should = no playoffs. W&M & Maine also had 4 losses, but only 3 @ FCS.

appstate1998
December 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
The FCS and FBS aren't much different....whomever brings in more money gets in and gets home field....There is no perfect system....Richmond got hot at the right time but were they really the "best" team in the country...who knows....Richmond's playoff run was amazing, but I want call the FCS playoffs any better than the FBS until they seed past 4.