PDA

View Full Version : Montana fans are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catamount man
December 20th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Holy crap am I hurting today or what?! I feel used and abused. Holy crap do you griz like to drink!!!!!!!! Other than the game, that was one of the best times in my entire life and I took EVERY opportunity to remind Griz nation that a lone WCU Catamount was there to support them. It got me a few beers and one awesome jager bomb at T Bones.

I had to get back to the hotel after the game fellow Griz fans. I simply could not hang with the best FCS fans any longer and my liver was crying "STOP!!!!!!!!!" Of course when I got back to the hotel, I drank 3-4 more and ordered a pizza. All in all, I consumed almost a case of beer alone yesterday, the majority with Griz nation.

In closing, good to meet Ursus, grizo406, grizo383 and his pretty woman, and the 2 Ohio State kids who came down to support Montana-sorry about after the game, just couldn't hang anymore-and all Griz fans. Said hello to a few UR fans but not many came by T-Bonz, at least not where I was.

Congrats to UR for their 1st national title and congrats to the Griz on a good season as well. You've got a fan now down in South Carolina and we'll do it again someday. Hopefully my liver will have forgiven you by then. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD TIMES!!!
GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

putter
December 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks catamount man! Glad to hear you had a good time and that Griz Nation treated you right!

ChooChoo
December 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I had a blast too. Big differences between the 2 groups of fans. From the conversation topics, to the food, to the choice of drinks, to the way they dressed you couldn't have matched more opposite groups. But they were both extremley welcoming and super friendly. As an outsider, it was beyond cool experiencing the best of two worlds from opposite ends of the country.
Can't wait to go back next year.

catamount man
December 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I had a blast too. Big differences between the 2 groups of fans. From the conversation topics, to the food, to the choice of drinks, to the way they dressed you couldn't have matched more opposite groups. But they were both extremley welcoming and super friendly. As an outsider, it was beyond cool experiencing the best of two worlds from opposite ends of the country.
Can't wait to go back next year.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

catamount man
December 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks catamount man! Glad to hear you had a good time and that Griz Nation treated you right!

Again, you Griz folks rule!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

ItsyBitsySpider
December 21st, 2008, 08:48 AM
The Montana fans who visited our boards couldn't have been more gracious. You guys have a great program -- and that's what Richmond is striving towards ... to be a program, a consistent winner year in and year out versus a few good seasons here and there and then a drop off. Montana expects to be good every year. That's where we want to be too.

catamount man
December 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
The Montana fans who visited our boards couldn't have been more gracious. You guys have a great program -- and that's what Richmond is striving towards ... to be a program, a consistent winner year in and year out versus a few good seasons here and there and then a drop off. Montana expects to be good every year. That's where we want to be too.

Only got to chat with a few Richmond fans but man you guys looked GREAT Friday night. I was sitting with Griz nation and was just speechless. Congrats on a national title! xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Holy crap am I hurting today or what?! I feel used and abused. Holy crap do you griz like to drink!!!!!!!! Other than the game, that was one of the best times in my entire life and I took EVERY opportunity to remind Griz nation that a lone WCU Catamount was there to support them. It got me a few beers and one awesome jager bomb at T Bones.

I had to get back to the hotel after the game fellow Griz fans. I simply could not hang with the best FCS fans any longer and my liver was crying "STOP!!!!!!!!!" Of course when I got back to the hotel, I drank 3-4 more and ordered a pizza. All in all, I consumed almost a case of beer alone yesterday, the majority with Griz nation.

In closing, good to meet Ursus, grizo406, grizo383 and his pretty woman, and the 2 Ohio State kids who came down to support Montana-sorry about after the game, just couldn't hang anymore-and all Griz fans. Said hello to a few UR fans but not many came by T-Bonz, at least not where I was.

Congrats to UR for their 1st national title and congrats to the Griz on a good season as well. You've got a fan now down in South Carolina and we'll do it again someday. Hopefully my liver will have forgiven you by then. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD TIMES!!!
GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Hey CMan, thanks a bunch my friend. It was a great time hanging with you Friday before the game. It always cool to meet a guy that can hang out and BS and keep a beer to his lips as if his life depended on it. Had a lot fun on this trip again even though the outcome was a dominating performance by the Spiders. My group was staying in the Chat Choo Choo where the Spiders were staying and we got to meet a bunch of them and hang out with them at the bar in the lobby and they were all very fun to hang out with and have a beer. I told one of the coches "Congratulations, you're the definitely the best team in the nation" and he went out of his way to come over and shake my hand. Also saw at least 20-30 of the players walking around both days and all of them were gracious, humble and full of integrity when dealing with the Maroon crowd. It was a real good time again in spite of the outcome and Chatanooga is such a great place to have this game. If you have not been there for this game and have a chance to go to it then I highly recommend you do so. Also if you get the chance to share a few with Catamount Man then I would go out of my way to do so, he's a really good guy.

ncbears
December 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Never was at the game, but I love the city of Chatty. I've only been there once, but I would love to go back.

2xspyder
December 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
On Friday, my friends and I checked into the Marriott, while wearing our Spider attire. The whole lobby was full of Montana fans, and we thought, "Uh-oooooh". But it turned out that everyone was gracious and friendly...and truly interested in our team and the game. We had a great time with Grizz nation before AND after the game. Everywhere we went, we found good-natured fan support for both teams, and found the whole Chattanooga experience most enjoyable.
I hope we get back next year!! I'll be there again!

catamount man
December 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hey CMan, thanks a bunch my friend. It was a great time hanging with you Friday before the game. It always cool to meet a guy that can hang out and BS and keep a beer to his lips as if his life depended on it. Had a lot fun on this trip again even though the outcome was a dominating performance by the Spiders. My group was staying in the Chat Choo Choo where the Spiders were staying and we got to meet a bunch of them and hang out with them at the bar in the lobby and they were all very fun to hang out with and have a beer. I told one of the coches "Congratulations, you're the definitely the best team in the nation" and he went out of his way to come over and shake my hand. Also saw at least 20-30 of the players walking around both days and all of them were gracious, humble and full of integrity when dealing with the Maroon crowd. It was a real good time again in spite of the outcome and Chatanooga is such a great place to have this game. If you have not been there for this game and have a chance to go to it then I highly recommend you do so. Also if you get the chance to share a few with Catamount Man then I would go out of my way to do so, he's a really good guy.

Thanks brother!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx

UNHFan
December 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
What ever was said in this paot.. I didnt read But yes your the clas of FCS!! So shush its an easy call! :)

Green26
December 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
The Richmond fans, while not large in number, were nice and respectful, both before and after the game. They seemed to be that way on the message boards too. They were fairly loud at the game, for being relatively few in number.

Richmond player Healy, about 45 minutes after the game and still in uniform, came over to the area in front of the Griz locker room (where players were coming out and parents and friends were milling), to look for Brandon Fisher (whom he had played against in high school). Fisher was not around, so Healy talked to UM player Colt Anderson. Healy made of point of saying he didn't mean to interfere with the UM gathering, but had wanted to find Fisher. Very polite.

Congrats to Richmond on a great win and great season.

Grizo406
December 21st, 2008, 07:04 PM

GOOD TIMES!!!
GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Thank you, catamount man!

You were a real pleasure to share beer, and laughs with...inside, and outside T-Bone's! You'll be more than welcomed, should you ever make a trip to Missoula!

We made it back home from Chattanooga about 17 hours ago, and I'm ready to go back!

This was my first time there, and I simply love that town!

I was devastated by the loss, but the whole "National Championship Experience" diluted most of my disappointment. It was simply AMAZING, and ranks in my Top 3 of the most fun things I've ever done.

I've never met a classier group of players, coaches, and fans than those from UR. Humble, thankful, and gracious in victory...complimentary, and respectful to the Griz. A class program from top to bottom, and a VERY worthy National Champion!

catamount man
December 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you, catamount man!

You were a real pleasure to share beer, and laughs with...inside, and outside T-Bone's! You'll be more than welcomed, should you ever make a trip to Missoula!

We made it back home from Chattanooga about 17 hours ago, and I'm ready to go back!

This was my first time there, and I simply love that town!

I was devastated by the loss, but the whole "National Championship Experience" diluted most of my disappointment. It was simply AMAZING, and ranks in my Top 3 of the most fun things I've ever done.

I've never met a classier group of players, coaches, and fans than those from UR. Humble, thankful, and gracious in victory...complimentary, and respectful to the Griz. A class program from top to bottom, and a VERY worthy National Champion!

Thanks for the kind words. You're a cool guy as well. I hope to make it out to Wa-Griz someday and we'll finish what we started. HA!!! All the best!

spdram
December 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words Griz, obvioulsy enjoyed the game, but both before and after the game the Montana organization, fans, staff, admin, team, friends and all were great. Especially had a great time on Thurs night at Big River -- SME did a great job getting the fans into the spirit of competion with the triva contest (outcomes usually rigged:) ) but that lead to a shout out or cheering challange between the two groups. By the end of the evening fans were exchanging emails and vowing to stay in touch. Good people, and your tailgates were amazing considering the distance traveled.