November 19th, 2005, 12:16 PM
CCU loosing 7-3 with 2:15 left in the 1st

Saint3333
November 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Nice statement for tomorrow CCU...

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM
2nd Qtr 11:00 CHAR SOUTHERN 7 (9) Coastal Carolina 3

I will note this is not the first time coastal has been behind to a similar opponent this year, they may make this easy on the selection committie... they are not playing like they are trying to get into the playoffs and that may result accordingly.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
2nd Qtr 3:11 (9) Coastal Carolina 10 CHAR SOUTHERN 7

X-Factor
November 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Who is Char Southern? DII or DI?

November 19th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Who is Char Southern? DII or DI?I-AA. They recently went to the full 63 schollies I think.

Lapper
November 19th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Who is Char Southern? DII or DI? No, worse....Big South. :bang:

Lapper
November 19th, 2005, 01:10 PM
10-7 at the half; I thought this would be a high scoring game with both teams having decent offenses.

Coastal Fans - Good luck with that playoff thing :D AAAAAAARRRG!!!

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
10-7 Coastal with 10 min left in the 3rd quarter.
The bubble spot is starting to blow.

CanterburyTails
November 19th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Anybody can hang with anybody for a half. Look at App. State at LSU. LSU is clearly superior to App State but even a I-AA team can hang with one of the top teams in the country for a half.

17-7 with 20-minutes of ball to play. A win is a win. 10-1 and Lafayette beating Lehigh right now and the Chants are in. We are all hoping for a rematch in Boone...trust me.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Anybody can hang with anybody for a half. Look at App. State at LSU. LSU is clearly superior to App State but even a I-AA team can hang with one of the top teams in the country for a half.

17-7 with 20-minutes of ball to play. A win is a win. 10-1 and Lafayette beating Lehigh right now and the Chants are in. We are all hoping for a rematch in Boone...trust me.

A win is a win? Tell that to the selection committee.

Even a I-AA can hang with one of the top teams in the country. Depends on the I-AA. Seen lots of 40/50-0 first halves.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
chuck South blocked a field goal attemp and are now driving....
end of 3rd quarter......

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM
chuck South blocked a field goal attemp and are now driving....
end of 3rd quarter......

Chuck Southern on Coastie 4 with 12 minutes left.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
CSU field goal...

CCU 17 - CSU 10

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
17-10 Chuck FG. under 10 left. Clock is Coasties best friend now.

Ball on the Coastie 7. Better not lay it down here.

Coastie gets a face mask call on Chuck.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
face mask pentaly helped

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Coastal is going conservative now AGAIN!!!! False start... dang.. be agressive...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Punt. Chucks on own 39

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:30 PM
5:01 left in 4th... CSU on their own 39

1st play... CSU run play to CCU's 46

Sack by Coastal... 2 and 18

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
interception Coastal... ball was tipped...

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
4th down... Coastal to kick...

fake punt.... Perkins scores...

unbelievable... conservative Coastal fakes a punt and runs it in for a TD

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
interception Coastal... ball was tipped...

Pulled a fake punt TD out of their anus.

That migh be barely enough spread to keep them from spending Thanksgiving in Waccamaw.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Pulled a fake punt TD out of their anus.

Poopie occurs!!!! LOL

Hoke gets EP perfect on the year... he is a good kicker...

I think we will see him in the NFL eventually....

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:48 PM
CSU TD... helped by a crap call... face mask that the replay showed it was not... grabbed around the head... not mask... ****...

second chance for extra point... CCU blocked it ... but offsides... good call...

now... look for an onsides kick...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Poopie occurs!!!! LOL

Hoke gets EP perfect on the year... he is a good kicker...

I think we will see him in the NFL eventually....

It was an option called by the punter. Let him call the plays from now on.

Whoops. Chuck scored 4 plays 70 yds.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:50 PM
crap conservative play again.... Coastal takes a knee

Coastal's coach is upset... the clock didn't start or stopped to quick...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
crap conservative play again.... Coastal takes a knee

Coastal's coach is upset... the clock didn't start or stopped to quick...

Radio announcers didn't notice it.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:55 PM
CSU will get the ball back... with 10 secs to go...

4th down... CCU will kick..

Kick it high!!! LOL

Coastal running on 4th down... runs dumb ****...

****... unbeileable.... Simpson ran out of bounds on the 2 with 1.5 seconds left...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Dude forgot to run out of the endzone. Game would have been over. Chuck has 1 1/2 seconds and the ball.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Uh oh. TD. Kick will be for another Coastal OT.

Kick good. OT coming up.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 02:58 PM
oh well... this has to be almost the same thing as the basketball snaftu with calling a time out...

bodoyle
November 19th, 2005, 02:59 PM
good luck in the playoffs IAA we will be at home

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:01 PM
HOme??? we will really lucky to even get a bid... what the heck was that guy thinking of???

crap... I am ticked...

SpiritCymbal
November 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM
HOme??? we will really lucky to even get a bid... what the heck was that guy thinking of???

crap... I am ticked...
I think he was saying that Coastal will be at home....as in not making the playoffs.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Whats the score, last I heard...
OT (9) Coastal Carolina 24 CHAR SOUTHERN 24

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I think he was saying that Coastal will be at home....as in not making the playoffs.

OH. If Coastal with 3 up can intercept and run it back..10 pt lead, might look good enough.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Whats the score, last I heard...
OT (9) Coastal Carolina 24 CHAR SOUTHERN 24
CCU up by a FG

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Duke just went ahead of UNCackalina. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Duke just went ahead of UNCackalina. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
who cares about Duke???

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Uh oh. TD. Kick will be for another Coastal OT.

Kick good. OT coming up.

How many OT's should Coastal play in this game?

bunny
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Any more OT scoring? What's going on?

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Double OT now and Chuck is knocking on the door. 1st and Goal.

TD 34-27

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:15 PM
we are toast... CSU TD

scpivo21
November 19th, 2005, 03:15 PM
TD Charleston, with CCU possession upcoming.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:16 PM
we are toast... CSU TD
Want to come join me in the WTF happend party?

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Want to come join me in the WTF happend party?
heck yes...

I can't believe this ****... what terrible play calling... we had them beat....

oh well... the sun will come up tomorrow!!!

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
heck yes...

Thats my theory... I am a huge UMass supporter but life goes on... Im hopping on the Richmond/UNH bandwagon... where will you be?

scpivo21
November 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
CCU fails on 4th down, Charleston wins.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:20 PM
7 straight Thigpen incompletes. Over.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Terrible.... what a bunch of BS...

well at least of of the crap we have gotten from ASU turns out to be deserved!!!! LOL

good-bye CCU... see ya next year...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
heck yes...

Thig choked. 2 out of 7 completed and CCU would still have the ball.

windwalker
November 19th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Thig choked. 2 out of 7 completed and CCU would still have the ball.
hey 2005,,,, everything you have said all year I guess ws right...

but what makes me mad... is we simply gave the game away... no sense..

Hey... but Charleston Southen has their first winnng season... and the Bsouth Campionship.. Congrats...

Now Liberty hires L.H. and recruits like crazy... this may turn into a decent conferecne after all.. LOL

I love Div I-AA

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 03:35 PM
hey 2005,,,, everything you have said all year I guess ws right...

but what makes me mad... is we simply gave the game away... no sense..

Hey... but Charleston Southen has their first winnng season... and the Bsouth Campionship.. Congrats...

Now Liberty hires L.H. and recruits like crazy... this may turn into a decent conferecne after all.. LOL

I love Div I-AA

The Chicks played some good ball at times, dodged the bullet at times, and this one got em right in the heart.
It will be interesting to see how Thigpen does next year.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I want to say congrats to Coastal for a fine season. What your team did this season was you made the rest of I-AA stand up and take notice of Coastal football and Big South football. Here on the West Coast, we did not know much about you and your conference, but thanks to you we know now. See about coming out here and playing Portland State. I think I might enjoy seeing Coastal live.

Sounds like you might be dangerous next year...

youwouldno
November 19th, 2005, 03:41 PM
If Thigpen starts next year. Frankly he's a poor decision-maker... with CCU's WR corps their passing game should be more productive. Throw the ball towards Simpson and pray is not a great game plan.

Can't say I'm surprised CSU won, because I'm not. CCU is young and not as good as some people thought they were after they beat JMU. I think in the long run their weak schedule hurt them.

Coastal89
November 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
If Thigpen starts next year. Frankly he's a poor decision-maker... with CCU's WR corps their passing game should be more productive. Throw the ball towards Simpson and pray is not a great game plan.

Can't say I'm surprised CSU won, because I'm not. CCU is young and not as good as some people thought they were after they beat JMU. I think in the long run their weak schedule hurt them.
We're a young program, but we'll have 43 or 44 seniors on the roster next year. 2007 is going to be a miserable season for us.

SuperJon
November 19th, 2005, 04:06 PM
We need a quarterback. 0-7 to end the game? He's gotten a pass for making stupid decisions and making horrible plays all year cause he pulls something out of his butt in the 4th quarter but finally his luck ran out. Maybe the kid who's a freshman can beat him out in the spring game this year. There's been a movement among people at Coastal to change QB's almost every game until the 4th quarter when some miracle happens.

MarkCCU
November 19th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I was at the game, and to see #19 go out of bounds WHEN HE SHOULD'VE JUST GOTTEN TACKLED was the dumbest thing i've seen. We gave CSU their first championship. we had a lead and we *****ed it up. Did you just here tht bubble burst?

gram4life
November 19th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I was at the game, and to see #19 go out of bounds WHEN HE SHOULD'VE JUST GOTTEN TACKLED was the dumbest thing i've seen. We gave CSU their first championship. we had a lead and we *****ed it up. Did you just here tht bubble burst?

I saw the game on TV, he should have at the worst taken the safety. Instead of going out of bounds on 4th down.

89Hen
November 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Sorry guys, maybe I'm a little slow, but WTF happened at the end of regulation? Sounds like CCU didn't run out the clock, but then did CSU score on the final play? :confused:

rokamortis
November 19th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry guys, maybe I'm a little slow, but WTF happened at the end of regulation? Sounds like CCU didn't run out the clock, but then did CSU score on the final play? :confused:

yep. we had the game won but started to run the clock out at 1:40. 10 seconds left and our guy ran back to our 4 yardline and decided to step out of bounds with 1.5 seconds left. CSU scores on next play. :bang:

ASU Kep
November 19th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Wait...so was this a Hail Mary sorta situation? Did you punt on 4th?

rokamortis
November 19th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Wait...so was this a Hail Mary sorta situation? Did you punt on 4th?

No - the infamous runout was the 4th down play. The 'plan' was to run out the clock and go home dreaming of the playoffs. CSU had 1.5 seconds and 4 yards to make a goal once our player stepped out.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 07:04 PM
No - the infamous runout was the 4th down play. The 'plan' was to run out the clock and go home dreaming of the playoffs. CSU had 1.5 seconds and 4 yards to make a goal once our player stepped out.

Couldn't Coastal take a safety, then free kick it from the 20? CSU needed a TD, right? A safety would not hurt Coastal in that position.

rokamortis
November 19th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Couldn't Coastal take a safety, then free kick it from the 20? CSU needed a TD, right? A safety would not hurt Coastal in that position.

yes :bang:

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Sorry about the game, but thanks for clearing that up, Rock. You can go drink now. Have one for me.

MarkCCU
November 19th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I saw the game on TV, he should have at the worst taken the safety. Instead of going out of bounds on 4th down.

my thoughts exactly

thirdgendin
November 20th, 2005, 02:55 AM
yep. we had the game won but started to run the clock out at 1:40. 10 seconds left and our guy ran back to our 4 yardline and decided to step out of bounds with 1.5 seconds left. CSU scores on next play. :bang:

Well, this makes me feel a little better about our infamous two-point play from 2002. I've never heard of an ending like this. Wow.

Hamptongal
November 20th, 2005, 04:50 AM
my thoughts exactly
That's really sad for the guy who did that. He must feel like the Weber/Buckner player of the year.

MarkCCU
November 20th, 2005, 11:21 AM
As soon as i left the stadium, i called up a freind and the first words he says are, "F*^king Simpson better lose his scholarship". But no use crying over it, there's always next year. For our third season we have shown that we are a force that is to be reckoned with, and this game just makes for a(and i hate saying this, especially if y'all read my other posts) GREAT rivalry. :spank: :spank: :bang:

SuperJon
November 20th, 2005, 11:24 AM
The sad part is this is gonna overshadow everything else Simpson has done. If it wasn't for some of his catches in the 4th quarter, we woulda been 5-5 coming into this game.

rokamortis
November 20th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I don't blame Jerome one bit. I do question some of the play calling but you live and learn and get over it. Hopefully Jerome will get over this and realize that this is just a game and is still a valuable asset to the team.

Coastal89
November 20th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I don't blame Jerome one bit. I do question some of the play calling but you live and learn and get over it. Hopefully Jerome will get over this and realize that this is just a game and is still a valuable asset to the team.
I can easily think of 4 games that we don't win unless Jerome Simpson stepped up with a big catch at the end. You can't put all the blame on him. Like CDB said if we'd practiced that play then Jerome would have known what to do. I still can't understand why it had to be him back there when the punter could have run the play just as well

Lapper
November 20th, 2005, 11:52 AM

How can you not blame Jerome one bit??? :confused: True, the game shouldn't have been this close to put him in such a situation, but on tv before the play you could see Simpson telling CDB, "I got...I got," while shugging him off. Even after he ran out off bounds he was starting to celebrate until he saw the clock. :eek: was his facial expression afterwards. Poor David Bennett :( . Hell I was about to cry after seeing CDB freak out after that play.

As for Thig, he's not the best QB in the world but he did a fine job this season by leading the team 9-2. Will he get the starting job next season? I seriously doubt it but I 'm very proud of what he's done. :nod: