PDA

View Full Version : It's the first Saturday since August...

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM
...with no FCS football, and there's nothing but crappy bowl games to keep my mind off of last night's game. Anyone else feel like xbawlingx ?

introvertedGSUfan
December 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Arizona and BYU should be good, hopefully. Plus there's some great college basketball games on now. :)

DTSpider
December 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
...with no FCS football, and there's nothing but crappy bowl games to keep my mind off of last night's game. Anyone else feel like xbawlingx ?

I'm still all :D after last night!!!

Bearkats94
December 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
34 bowl games just waters out football for me. xcoffeex They need a playoff system in a bad way. Some of the team in a bowl are 2-6 and 2-5 and playing in a bowl game.xnonox

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I'm still all :D after last night!!!

Well, I'm still xbawlingx after last night. Na, but it does still sting a bit. I can only imagine how the players that laid it on the line must feel. Congrats again Richmond, hope to take it to you next time. xpeacex

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 20th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Arizona and BYU should be good, hopefully. Plus there's some great college basketball games on now. :)

I think it will depend on which BYU team shows up. It can go one of 2 ways I think. They will get blown by Az out or blow out Az. I dont' see this one being close. Az is playing for something, I dunno if BYU cares that they are there, guess that is the only reason to watch this one for me ;)

catamount man
December 20th, 2008, 02:43 PM
No fcs football until next year does suck, but I need the down time. HA!!!

Congrats to UR!

Big Dawg
December 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
34 bowl games just waters out football for me. xcoffeex They need a playoff system in a bad way. Some of the team in a bowl are 2-6 and 2-5 and playing in a bowl game.xnonox

Why should we care whether they have a playoff???

Seawolf97
December 20th, 2008, 05:02 PM
There is plenty of good college basketball coming up. And before you know it we start new recruits signing for FCS teams and schedules will come out.

clenz
December 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'm being completely serious here, I had no idea what day of the week it was until I opened this thread. I'm college student, and the semester is over so I've done almost nothing, with the exception of a couple job interviews early in the week. Weekends without UNI or UM football are meaningless to me

Check_YOSEF
December 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Why should we care whether they have a playoff???

Could not agree more. Who cares!

Bearkats94
December 20th, 2008, 10:52 PM
It just drives me nuts to watch teams with sucking records and be in a bowl game. I still like to watch football no mader if its FCS, BCS, or the NFL. I just love football the game. Dam my Cowboys just lost.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 21st, 2008, 12:43 AM
I think it will depend on which BYU team shows up. It can go one of 2 ways I think. They will get blown by Az out or blow out Az. I dont' see this one being close. Az is playing for something, I dunno if BYU cares that they are there, guess that is the only reason to watch this one for me ;)

I'll be damned if Arizona didn't look like Richmond out there tonight. They had the same colors (mostly red though) and the bowl emblem looked like a spider. Maybe I just have arachnophobia, I dunno! ;-)

Cleets
December 21st, 2008, 12:45 AM
I manage to go entire spans of galactic eons without watching BCS football games... xcoffeex

Big Dawg
December 21st, 2008, 05:16 AM
It just drives me nuts to watch teams with sucking records and be in a bowl game. I still like to watch football no mader if its FCS, BCS, or the NFL. I just love football the game. Dam my Cowboys just lost.

Yeah but as soon as FBS begins to use a playoff system, you can forget about the FCS playoffs receving any valuable coverage.

AshevilleApp2
December 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
September 5th, 2009. When the fun begins again!

appfan2008
December 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
September 5th, 2009. When the fun begins again!

BEAT ECU

jaxstatealum
December 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
I was gonna post a similar thread with the line - "Depression has set in..." I'm already looking to August 2009.

Is that wrong?