PDA

View Full Version : UMass/Hofstra

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Kickoff just about to start... they are presenting Coach Joe before the game at midfield.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 12:16 PM
UMass goes 3-out to start and Hofstra throws an INT in the endzone for their first poss.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hofstra is driving all over on out D today but we got lucky the first time with an INT in the endzone... this time we got a couple good D plays in a row and forced them to a 42 yard fg.

Hofstra 3
UMass 0

Maverick
November 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Doesn't seem like either the defense or offense is doing much from what I am hearing on the Internet. What gives??

Old Cage
November 19th, 2005, 12:59 PM
This is not good!

Bishkoff
November 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
just win

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
UMass offense finally gets it going as Baylark scores a 5 yard td run.

Hofstra 6
UMass 7

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Our defense is a fricken mess today... we cant stop them for anything... they march down the field in the second half and walk in for the td... they score the 2pt try too.

Hofstra 14
UMass 7

Pantherpower
November 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
umassfan,

Please keep the updates coming. I am tuned into the Brawl of the Wild right now. Thanks!

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM
umassfan,

Please keep the updates coming. I am tuned into the Brawl of the Wild right now. Thanks!
Its pure uglyness for UMass... if we dont snap into a good team quick then we will be home watching the playoffs.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM
We went for it on a 4-1 from the 20 and we were stuffed... why we didnt qb sneek it is beyond me but then again the play calls by our O Coord all year have been questionable at best. Very blah offense we run.

Maverick
November 19th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Hofstra holds on 4-1 on its 31. UMass is making a serious bid to be home for the Turkey Day festivities. Sounds as if Hosftra is playing harder and controlling the line of scrimmage.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Story of the year... 3-10 and we get 9... I believe we are at the 3 yard line down 7 with our playoff lives on the line... I personally would tell my oline to grow some balls and have a qb sneek up the middle... instead coach brown goes for the fg and it is good...

Hofstra 14
UMass 10 Start of the 4th.

colgate13
November 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Man, it's a crying shame how such a highly rated, certainly top 10 UMass team, seems to be losing, isn't it?

Pantherpower
November 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
No need to panic. Plenty of time left for UMass. Good call to go for 3 w/ a full quarter to go, imo. Bobcats ready to go up 17-0 on the Griz...

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Man, it's a crying shame how such a highly rated, certainly top 10 UMass team, seems to be losing, isn't it?
We def are not playing out best ball right now.

1-goal for Hofstra at the 6 yard line after Tracy Belton gets beat AGAIN... how many times is that kid going to get burnt before Brown opens his day eyes. GOD!

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Two plays later Hofstra scores again... as I said we shouldnt have gone for the FG because now we are down 11 instead of just 7.

UMass 10
Hofstra 21

Looks like we did it to ourselfs. There is no pointing fingers now... We didnt step up when needed.

SpiritCymbal
November 19th, 2005, 02:27 PM
How much time left?

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Two plays later Hofstra scores again... as I said we shouldnt have gone for the FG because now we are down 11 instead of just 7.

UMass 10
Hofstra 21

Looks like we did it to ourselfs. There is no pointing fingers now... We didnt step up when needed.

11 down... a lot of time left... it' s not over

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 02:30 PM
If UMass loses, there's not even a small chance they make the playoffs. For one thing, Hofstra would have the same record and have a head-to-head win. And Hofstra isn't making it at 7-4 either.

This loss would put CCU in for sure.

UMass922
November 19th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Richmond will be in the playoffs, at any rate; looks like they're about to finish off a blowout win over W&M. And UNH is securing the #1 overall seed with their own blowout of Maine.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
If UMass loses, there's not even a small chance they make the playoffs. For one thing, Hofstra would have the same record and have a head-to-head win. And Hofstra isn't making it at 7-4 either.

This loss would put CCU in for sure.

We dont deserve to make it in no matter what after the way we have played today and over the last 4 weeks. Last year we ended the season strong and this year we fell apart...

There is less then 7 mins left and we just are not doing anything on offense or defense.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Tim Day comes in for an injured Liam Coen. Coen suffers his second concussion this season... not good for a freshman QB. On a side note... it looks like only Brandon London showed up for UMass today... he has 12 catchs today with a broken wrist.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Move the ball to the 50 and do not convert on the 4th down... 4 mins left down 11...

Go Richmond and UNH... good luck in the playoffs!

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Day throws an INT to end it for umass... 2:57 left.... it was great while it lasted but now it just taste like crap.

Maverick
November 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Mass on the offensive and defensive side of the ball was dominated by Hofstra for the entire game. The fact that they did it to a team who had a playoff berth on the line shows that Mass didn't belong in the playoffs, it appears that the mental toughness and discipline needed has been slowly vanishing the past few weeks. This team looked as if they were spending more time thinking about the playoffs last few weeks than playing like they needed to get into them. From what I hear of Brown, that won't happen next year.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Mass on the offensive and defensive side of the ball was dominated by Hofstra for the entire game. The fact that they did it to a team who had a playoff berth on the line shows that Mass didn't belong in the playoffs, it appears that the mental toughness and discipline needed has been slowly vanishing the past few weeks. This team looked as if they were spending more time thinking about the playoffs last few weeks than playing like they needed to get into them. From what I hear of Brown, that won't happen next year.
We return alot for next season but this was a major disapointment all the way around... it all started with the Colgate loss. We just didnt get it done... It will be another long offseason but hopefully we will grow from it. We need to strengthen the OLine, improve playcalling, and as you said improve mental toughness. Too many times a killer penelty cost us. That is two years in a row penelties were an issue... Brown needs to find a way to fix that and fast. Anyways... now its time to support Richmond and UNH in the playoffs... lets make it 3 in a row.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
So A-10 will only get 2 teams. Now a Montana win and YSU looks to be locked in!

Umass74
November 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Well, Hofsta dominated the game. Looks like UMass played itself out against Army.

Congrats to all the teams going to the playoffs.

Go UNH and Richmond!

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:15 PM
So A-10 will only get 2 teams. Now a Montana win and YSU looks to be locked in!
I think YSU will be in reguardless right now... UMass loss was your def entrance into the playoffs.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I think YSU will be in reguardless right now... UMass loss was your def entrance into the playoffs.
I'll hold you to it. The Montana game will be big too; if they win maybe we can slide our way into a home game..

Good Game both teams!

PLEASE MICHIGAN BEAT OHIO STATE!