PDA

View Full Version : Brock Huard Sucks as an announcer

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM
JMU vs Montana game:

1.Was talking about how Montanas O-lineman and said they were all 6'5"-6'7", 300-325. Looking at the game notes, the heaviest is 310.

2. Mentioned Landers 4.4 speed. Landers, according to NFLDraftScout.com, has run 40 times from 4.54 to 4.76, with an avg of 4.64.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72968&draftyear=2009&genpos=RB
I don't believe Rodney has ever run a sub 4.5 at JMU.

NC game:
Kept mentioning Sidbury as being a Day 1 draft pick. NFLDraftScout has him as a Day 2, 6th-7th round:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81224&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

And this is just the stuff off the top of my head from watching the Montana @ JMU tape and the NC game. There was other stuff, too. He was just constantly grossly exaggerating stuff.

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Sidbury sure looked like a 1st day guy tonight!

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Sidbury sure looked like a 1st day guy tonight!Agreed.

What a stud! xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
but he was great as the cocky blonde kid in Napolean Dynamite

http://www.ericdsnider.com/images/don.JPG

GATA
December 19th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Sidbury sure looked like a 1st day guy tonight!

against a guy who'll be bagging groceries in a month.

putter
December 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I will take Huard every day over Nim-Rod Gilmore. At least we did not have to hear about the FBS every other word. When he did the UMass/Griz game you almost forgot you were watching a playoff game with all the FBS playoff talk and bractkets etc. I thought they did a very good job!

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
against a guy who'll be bagging groceries in a month.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

blitz4
December 20th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I thought he did a great job!

WWII
December 20th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I thought he was like 90% of the "analysts", lousy.

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Sidbury played his way up the board tonight. That spin move sack was sick.

ASUGirl703
December 20th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I just thought it was awesome that JMU got a first down tonight at the game... anyone else catch that???

uofmman1122
December 20th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I just thought it was awesome that JMU got a first down tonight at the game... anyone else catch that???xlolxxlolx

Yeah, I made a comment in the Game Thread.

Shellin
December 20th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Well, the sucking should be expected seeing as he was a Husky. :)

BarefootApp
December 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
259 days. Let the countdown begin.

WVAPPmountaineer
December 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Well we always get the JV team, however that being said, this combination of guys called 3 games I saw this year and they are better than what we have had in the past ---

proasu89
December 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Not always factual, but he did seem to care about the game in front of him. That's a lot more that can be said of previous crews. I did miss "Rockin Rod" though. Got home from Chatty last year(or 2 years agoxconfusedx ) and swore he was winking at the camera when they introduced him.xcoolx

Blue42
December 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I thouht Huard did a pretty good job. He has seemed excited to be at the FCS games and through the semi-finals and finals.

The only part of the broadcast I didn't like was when they started to delve into the bone marrow transplant that London did for his daughter as the game drew to a close.

All night it's been about football, then suddenly it turns into "Make Mike London a Saint" night. Not sure why it was necessary to change the storyline at that point.

Uncle Buck
December 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I will take Huard every day over Nim-Rod Gilmore. At least we did not have to hear about the FBS every other word. When he did the UMass/Griz game you almost forgot you were watching a playoff game with all the FBS playoff talk and bractkets etc. I thought they did a very good job!

I agree 100%, last year was FBS this and FBS that. While the commentators may not have been the best crew in the business, at least they talked up the teams that were playing.

james_lawfirm
December 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I thought he did a great job!

I did too. He did his homework. He pronounced names correctly. And most importantly, he did not wander off-topic onto FBS games, etc., except what would normally be expected from ESPN producers' instructions.

I suspect you fellers that are down on Huard are too used to your own homer announcers. Huard was simply neutral. I thought he did well. I would prefer him anyday at an ASU game over most of the other announcers, except of course for our own announcer, David Jackson.

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I did too. He did his homework. He pronounced names correctly. And most importantly, he did not wander off-topic onto FBS games, etc., except what would normally be expected from ESPN producers' instructions.

I suspect you fellers that are down on Huard are too used to your own homer announcers. Huard was simply neutral. I thought he did well. I would prefer him anyday at an ASU game over most of the other announcers, except of course for our own announcer, David Jackson.

Did some of his homework. But no need to make some of the exaggerations he was making.

B&G
December 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I agree on I'll take him over Rod Gilmore. At least Brock seemed to respect the FCS.

UMass922
December 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM
The only part of the broadcast I didn't like was when they started to delve into the bone marrow transplant that London did for his daughter as the game drew to a close.

All night it's been about football, then suddenly it turns into "Make Mike London a Saint" night. Not sure why it was necessary to change the storyline at that point.

I didn't have any problem with that. It's a great, compelling story, and well worth sharing with a national audience. And they didn't delve into it until the game was basically over--it's not like they were talking about it while ignoring a thrilling finish or anything.