PDA

View Full Version : Congrats SPIDERS!!!

GreatAppSt
December 19th, 2008, 09:21 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

JMUSaxMRD
December 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Agreed. Spiders have this wrapped up. CAA :D

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Now all we need is for someone to prematurely create the "CAA is the greatest conference thread"

FCS Preview
December 19th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Congratulations Richmond!

2008 FCS National Champions

dgreco
December 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM
congrats Richmond fans.

patssle
So much for the 5 CAA teams in the playoffs...only one left. xlolx xlolx

griz37
Congrats Richmond, good to see a 1st time winner!!!! #2 is a beast, looking forward to watching him on Sundays.

dennisdent
December 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Way to go Spiders (my local team)! I'd make the quick drive south on 95 to celebrate but I've had a few too many.

19Duke97
December 19th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Congrats Spiders, you all played a great game, way to represent the CAA

PhoenixSupreme
December 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Indeed. Grats to Richmond. Makes me proud to be living there right now (even though I'm going to VCU)

Silenoz
Grats guys. Glad to see a new program get it, and glad to see your coach get it

whitey
Congrats Richmond!

GoBlueHens83
December 19th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Congrats Richmond! You made the CAA proud!

mainejeff
December 19th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Congrats Richmond!

The CAA.......Home of National Champions!

Gil Dobie
Congrats Richmond xthumbsupx

soccerguy315
well played, and good season, Richmond.

appirishmen
December 19th, 2008, 10:04 PM
good job Richmond!!!! too bad the Griz had so many penalties. congrats and im already having withdraws from good ol 1-AA football. now what are we to do? im ready for next year!!

R3TRO
December 19th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Congrats Richmond on an exceptional year. Definitely deserved to win that game! And just think... a week before playoffs there was talk about Richmond not even making the 16... xreadx

redspider
(As I said on the game thread!)Wow Richmond you make me proud I am crying now. I must say I did not think we would win a championship especially while I was still at UR! All I have to say is SPIDER BORN AND SPIDER BRED AND WHEN I DIE I WILL BE SPIDER DEAD! RA RA FOR RICHMOND RA RA FOR RICHMOND RA RA FOR RICHMOND U OF R!

Cobblestone
Congrats Richmond on a great performance. You guys did the CAA proud. xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Congrats, Spiders on an outstanding playoff run.

London is indeed a special guy and a great coach.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Congrats Richmond!! Great to see a small, private, school win a title at this level. The bad news is this will be a huge recruiting tool for the Spiders to use against W&M, Lehigh and the rest of the southern Ivy and PL schools.

UNIFanSince1983
Congrats on the Championship. Go out and celebrate. I know if I was in your position I would remember the game, but not what happened afterward :)

JMU DJ
Congrats to both teams on great seasons. Congrats to Richmond and thanks for preventing the posting of the numerous anti-CAA threads that would have spawned from a spider loss.

WUTNDITWAA
December 19th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'll post this here too.

Congrats Richmond. It took a champ to knock out the champs. Enjoy. xthumbsupx

Keep the trophy warm for us. We'll be back to pick it up next year.:D

Zoo
Congratulations Richmond, you guys deserve it. Your head coach is a classy man. xthumbsupx Montana fans, don't hold your heads down, you played a great game too.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
Congrats, Spiders on an outstanding playoff run.

London is indeed a special guy and a great coach.

xnodx class act all the way.

madisonfan87
December 19th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats on your first championship and a great one I may add. Your team deserved this one and it was awesome to see your head coach bring a title home his first year and for his Alma mater. Also, thanks for representing the CAA.

Umass74
December 19th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats Spiders! Dominate game.

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I honestly started to get choked up (more so) when they interviewed London. Great guy

BEAR
December 19th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Congratulations Spiders! xbowx I can imagine that many coaches were watching that game and saw a product on the field that they are working to duplicate at their school! Also, be proud Montana...great year and great run! xthumbsupx

appvette
December 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Way to go Rich!!! Enjoy it!!!

proasu89
xthumbsupx xhurrayx xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx

Great game Richmond. Congrats to Montana for a great season also.

Congrats to ESPN who did not rush to get to Sportscenter. It allowed us to get a glimpse of what this meant to UR and Coach London.

Cobblestone
I think Sidbury would look great in a Patriots uniform next season.

Wellington
GRATZ Spiders, and great job. I haven't seen such a well rounded team play the whole year until tonight. I can't wait to see how the Griz do next year..

uofmman1122
Congrats.

You guys dominated the first half and held on enough to win.

Great season, Richmond.

dennisdent
December 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I think Sidbury would look great in a Patriots uniform next season.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx

grizbeer
December 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Great game Spiders, you guys were awesome, way better team tonight. Your D-Ends were unbelievable. I was really touched after the game by the emotion of your coach. Losing sucks, but when your team loses to a team that deserved to win it isn't so bad. Enjoy it guys.

UNH Fanboi
December 19th, 2008, 10:15 PM
The saying "Offense wins games, defense wins championships" has never been more true. The Richmond D-line played phenomenally against a great O-Line.

UNHFan
December 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM
YUP!!!!! From a Die hard UNH Goy!!

blackNgold93
December 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Richmond! Wow! Great game! A first year head coach with inherited talent brings home the hardware. His only job was to not make major mistakes this year. Not only did he do that, but built on a strong foundation and made them better. All he has to do now is to continue to recruit quality players. This trophy will certainly make that part of his job a lot easier. Congratulations on a great season.

Target, meet back.

HensRock
December 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I knew you could do it Richmond!
Way to represent the CAA, now Home of 4 Champions!

London is a class act and obviously a great coach.
See you in the Tub, Sept. 12 2009. <-- circled!

CrackerRiley
December 19th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Congrats RICHMOND... no the CAA, I mean Richmond... wait, who won this game?

UNH Fanboi
December 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Congrats RICHMOND... no the CAA, I mean Richmond... wait, who won this game?

C-A-A! C-A-A! C-A-A!

93henfan
December 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Three different CAA champions in six seasons. Way to go Spiders!

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 19th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Congrats.

DTSpider
December 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Three different CAA champions in six seasons. Way to go Spiders!

You guys have it half right...

3 of the 6 CAA South teams have won national titles in the last 6 years. The CAA South is just sick. UR finished 3rd in the CAA South and won the National Title. Last year UD finished 3rd in the CAA South and was the runner-up. So, who's aiming for 3rd next year :)

appsfan
December 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Congrats Spiders.

NU Hound29
December 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats!

hApPYaPpYFan
December 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Congrats to the Spiders!!!!! Great game of smash mouth football and what a very humble coach....he had me in tears during his post game interview. This is what it is all about, the Richmond fans will carry this with them for a very long time....ENJOY!!!!!

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Congratulations Richmond!

You beat #2, #3, and #4 in a great run to the championship. You guys earned the hardware on the field.

I enjoyed watching the UR fans climb down off the same brick walls that I've had the pleasure of climbing over the last 3 years. Celebrate and enjoy your championship!!!

mlbowl
December 19th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Congrats Spiders

APP SHOOTER
December 19th, 2008, 11:03 PM
This is my first post after lurking for like 3 months. All I have to say is I ve shooting APP for 4 years and it was real tough to swallow the loss that Richmond put on us that day in December 6th it was like a bad dream when I woke up Sunday. I can say I was pulling for you tonight and after the game the interview with the coach was top notch emotionally. Richmond your team and coach are a class act and deserve the championship. Great game to both teams. xthumbsupx

eagle1
December 19th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Feel bad for the Griz but got to congratulate the Spiders on winning the Naitonal Championship. That was an outstanding defensive effort. That #2 (DE) had an excellent game. CAA is home to the 2008 National Champions. Go Eagles!!!

GrizRchattybound
December 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM
When you look at the entire season from a new coach, winning 10 straight or something like that and including knocking off Appy, then ISU, the Griz.

Congrats - you guys deserved it.

Classy CAA fans and team and coach.

thanks

utcfan
December 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Congratulations Spiders. I hope we hire your DC.

goasu984Life
December 19th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Congratulations to Richmond on a great playoff runand a great game tonight. Nice to see that the title stays on the east coast!

SactoHornetFan
December 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Congrats to the Richmond Spiders, the National Champions of College Football at the NCAA Division I level xthumbsupx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Nice win, glad someone showed up to play. You guys took it too us and we didn't have many answers. Hope to smack you in the mouth next year. :D xthumbsupx

Griswold
December 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Coach: xsmileyclapx
Defense: xsmileyclapx
Fans: xsmileyclapx

Montana: xsmileyclapx

Golden Eagle
December 20th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Congrats, Richmond fans.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Congrats. Sucks losing, but I'm glad we lost to a classy team with classy fans. Like others have said, you earned it the hard way, and no one can take it away from you. :)

RE/MAXGriz
December 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Congrats Richmond, the best team in the land! Hopefully we'll meet again... in Missoula!

ndsubison
December 20th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Congratulations to the Spiders and all their fans! Great victory!

Pards Rule
December 20th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Congrats Spiders!! And Mike Faragalli the new OC for the Ticks who came from a successful stint at Lafayette.

nothingbutjsu
December 20th, 2008, 05:39 AM
The Spiders were on last night.xbowx Congrats on the win.xcoffeex It was a fun night. Chattanooga seemed to be ready for the game unlike last year. It was nice to be around fans who had class.

Minuteman87
December 20th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Congrats to the Spiders. I always root for the CAA teams come playoff time and was proud to see our conference brethren prove they are the best in the land.

PapaBear
December 20th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Way to go, UR! Great game and great season.

We will see you folks next year in Orono. Sure glad you won't be bringing Sidbury with you. Dude's a beast. He absolutely mugged that poor Griz tackle all night.

colv93
December 20th, 2008, 05:59 AM
How long will Coach London stay? I think he is headed for a much bigger job.

Ivytalk
December 20th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Congratulations to the Arachnids! They earned it! Great showing!xnodx

AppStateold299
December 20th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Congrats Spiders! You guys deserve it. Great game

Drblankstare
December 20th, 2008, 06:43 AM
After that UNI game, I got that feeling that Richmond was not going to be denied in the title game. Just goes to show that its not about how you start but how you finish. Thank god we have a playoff system.

Heres one on me.

xbeerchugx

BarefootApp
December 20th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Congrats for showing up big time. 259 days....

ASUMountaineer
December 20th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Congrats to Richmond (not the CAA, it didn't win anything). You guys were so close to the NC game last year, and took care of business this year. Sidbury is flat out nasty.

Tealblood
December 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM
solid defense can still win

and richmond proved it

jaxstatealum
December 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Great job and great season Spider Fans!!!!

keydet71
December 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Congratulations Spiders....albeit a Keydet, my wife is WC '73 and my daughter is WC '00. See you in September!

WVAPPmountaineer
December 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I said several weeks ago as an APP fan, the team I absolutely did not want to see prior to Chatty was Richmond - Absolutely a great run and absolutely you guys are National Champions!!! You have a class coach and your players exemplify that on the field - CONGRATS!!!!

Uncle Buck
December 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Congratulations to both teams on a great season and representing their respective conferences in the National Championship. Richmond played a great game and really looked better than i thought they would.

Congrats on the NC, it must be a great feeling for the team and the staff. London seems like a real class act, great W.

DX Man
December 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Congratulations to both teams and great job RICHMOND!xthumbsupx

NovaHater
December 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Some great road wins on the way to the NC in stadiums with a huge HOME field advantage. Spiders, wear that bullseye with pride next year in the CAA, you earned it.

Beating last years and this years National Championship CAA finalists during the season......meaningless, please move Nova to the CAA North

elon77
December 20th, 2008, 10:20 AM
To all the Spiders of the world, congratulations. As I have said before, who picked you to make it to the finals and win it all after your first game in August? I could tell after the Elon game that I had seen a damn good team. Great job. xnod

GATA
December 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats Richmond!

The CAA.......Home of National Champions!

I feel like the CAA has a self esteem problem or something. Are you guys feeling bad about the SOCON's 10 national titles or something? Its like every post has some nonsense boasting the greatness of the CAA...it's a good conference.

McNeese75
December 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats Spiders!! I was pulling for Montana but it was fun watching a power running team with a good defense take care of business. xbowx

Native
December 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Well done! xthumbsupx

Great game! xnodx

Great team! xnodx

Great players! xnodx

Great coach! xnodx

See you in the NC next year! :)

Fordham
December 20th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Congrats Spiders!!

buckp
December 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
WOW....

ur2k
December 20th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. Last night was a great experience for all Spiders. Things like this don't come along very often for a small school like ours. Congrats to our team and coaches.

It's a good day to be a Spider.

mistersykes
December 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM
Congrats to Richmond. You've got a great team. Dominated EKU, dominated ASU, eked by UNI, and dominated Montana. Enjoy it while it lasts, because you never know if/when you'll get another one. I hope London leads your team for a long time. Gotta love it when a team that got third place in their conference wins the National Championship. If this were the FBS, App and JMU would play for the title and that would be that. Even as an App fan, I say screw that. We win it on the field. Congrats again Spiders, and heads up Griz. Y'all had a great season as well. Now to wait until September...

LacesOut
December 22nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Way to go Richmond!

Nothing like winning 9 games in a row, beating the likes of App State and Northern Iowa on the road, then dominating the title game against Montana.

It's a beautiful thing.

YoUDeeMan
December 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Congrats to Richmond (not the CAA, it didn't win anything). You guys were so close to the NC game last year, and took care of business this year. Sidbury is flat out nasty.

xconfusedx

Actually, the CAA did win something. When coaches recruit, in addition to their own team's positives, they often point out the toughness of the level competition their team will be playing. Competitiors want to play against the best and the CAA has clearly been the best conference for several years. Adding another title by yet another team certainly adds to that reputation.

Yup, Richmond won the biggest prize, but certainly the CAA won something the other day! xnodx xthumbsupx

AppAlum96
December 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Some folks from the FBS should watch these games. If we did it like them, ASU and JMU would've been playing Friday night, and UR and Montana would've been in the (Insert Corporate Sponser) Bowl, playing for an imaginary championship.