PDA

View Full Version : No answer for Sidbury...?

Cleets
December 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Wow..!!!
How good is that Sidbury on D..?
He's making it look easy

~

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM
1st day NFL draft pick. I thought YOU'd be at the game????????

Cleets
December 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM

Cancellations all through the west out of LA I had no chance ... xbawlingx
I did get home to Seattle just in time

DTSpider
December 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Sidbury has been doing this for 2 years...truly a beast on defense. Off the field he's a really nice guy too. Math & Computer science majors...tutors city kids in the summer.

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Cancellations all through the west out of LA I had no chance ... xbawlingx
I did get home to Seattle just in time

Its alright, I'll enjoy meeting you at the Appalachian Invitational next year. We can converse on the role of government in several different areas, and differing economic theories, how cynicism works, and of course my favorite, Global trade theories!

Cleets
December 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Sidbury has been doing this for 2 years...truly a beast on defense. Off the field he's a really nice guy too. Math & Computer science majors...tutors city kids in the summer.

I bet he starts a charity when he becomes a pro.. because he's going to make a lot of money on Sunday

(Most of the good guys have their own Charities in the NFL)

xbowx

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
He is good, but I don't remember him being much of a factor last week.

He is making that RT for Montana look terrible though. He should be playing on Sundays.

griz37
December 19th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I wish he was on my team!

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Sidbury = Manchine

Cobblestone
December 19th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Sidbury = New England Patriots draft pick.

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Logan deserves some credit for pushing the other side of the pocket all night. He also had a couple of big plays. Announcers were right on in crediting the DTs for maintaining gap integrity as well. Just like all year, excellent team defense for the Spiders.

Wolfman
December 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Not taking anything away from #2, as he is a great player. But, the Montana pass blocking has been a problem all season. They finished last in the Big Sky in giving up sacks. They are great at run blocking, but not at pass blocking. The design of the offense is part of the problem, as Montana uses almost all 5-step drops on pass plays, and almost never throws a screen pass, or to the backs, to keep the D honest.

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2008, 11:03 PM

NFLdraftscout has him as day 2:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81224&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

ngineer
December 19th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Not taking anything away from #2, as he is a great player. But, the Montana pass blocking has been a problem all season. They finished last in the Big Sky in giving up sacks. They are great at run blocking, but not at pass blocking. The design of the offense is part of the problem, as Montana uses almost all 5-step drops on pass plays, and almost never throws a screen pass, or to the backs, to keep the D honest.

I agree. I was surprised Montana did not got to a quick 3-step and some screens. Plus, they got away from the run too early in the game. They seemed to abandon the run once they were down 14, but it was only the second quarter. Regardless, Richmond played better overall. Great front four play, and a heck of a RB in Vaughn. Good balance.
Disappointed on all the personal fouls, too. I would expect more discipline in a game like this.

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81224&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nfldraftscout has him as a day 2???????!!!!?????!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!??! WHat shall I dooo>???????

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nfldraftscout has him as a day 2???????!!!!?????!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!??! WHat shall I dooo>???????

Well, you were the one spouting off about him being a Day 1 pick. You were obviously taking the exaggerations Brock Huard was spouting off there on ESPN as gospel. I hope he is a 1st day pick. More props for FCS & CAA. But thats not where the NFL scouts have him projected right now.

ngineer
December 19th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Player of the game for me. He was 'almost' as disruptive as Brian Jackson was to Lafayette in #144...:D

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2008, 12:14 AM

Put down the bottle maybe? xeyebrowx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 20th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Put down the bottle maybe? xeyebrowx

No, pass it down the line please xrotatehx

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Based on Hightower's success, Sidbury would be better off not getting invited to the combine and falling to the 5th round or so.

Cleets
December 20th, 2008, 02:25 AM
A) The fact that Montana discounted Sidbury and did not double was a problem...
B) Montana probably wanted to show off there "one on one" right tackle ability against a first round pick
c) Montana has been abel to get away with typical situations as such
D) Sidbury schooled them - and they did not adjust (at all) even after 5 sacks sidbury was 1-on-1

Montana lost that battle and lost the game (easy to see) watch the tape and call me...

xeyebrowx Sidbury won that game....

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2008, 02:27 AM
B) Montana probably wanted to show off there "one on one" right tackle ability against a first round pick
D) Sidbury schooled them - and they did not adjust (at all) even after 5 sacks sidbury was 1-on-1

Montana lost that battle and lost the game (easy to see) watch the tape and call me...

xeyebrowx

Dead on. One of the radio color guys for the Griz commented on how we should have brought in a running back or TE to make sure he didn't get to the QB so easily. Coulda shoulda woudla...

Cleets
December 20th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Dead on. One of the radio color guys for the Griz commented on how we should have brought in a running back or TE to make sure he didn't get to the QB so easily. Coulda shoulda woudla...

after 3 sacks - if you let a guy: or mostly: "The" DL run one-on-one against your tackle that should be noted...

after 5 sacks if he's still One-on-one + that equals (bad coaching)

Sidbury schooled Montana and no (I repeat NO - no adjustments were made)

(weird) xeyebrowx

WVAPPmountaineer
December 20th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Sorry to have to make this reference however it is my framework - Sidbury and Logan reminded me of Jason Hunter (Packers) and Marques Murrell (Jets) in the 2nd half of the NC game against UNI - they were unstoppable - Hope many FCS guys get drafted or signed!!!!

spdram
December 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Sidbury and Logan have been a big part of our success this season, Spider fans knew how much it meant to be without them last season when App State beat us in the semis. Logan has been playing hurt most of the season and still played fantastic, but Sid vicious has been outstanding. When I saw the JMU -- Montana game I knew we could really win it all, I did not believe Montana was fast enough side to side to stop those two. One more thing on Sid, after or loss to JMU I went to a luncheon and he was there, I spoke to him to let him know we supported the team and don't let that emotional loss get you down, his response: "Don't worry we're okay, we're going to win the National Championship!" Talk about focus and confidence!

smallcollegefbfan
December 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM

I don't see Sidbury going higher than the 5th round, unless he goes to the NFL Combine and really tears it up. If so, then I could see maybe 4th round. First day draft pick these days is 1st or 2nd round and I know he isn't going that high.

Another thing to remember is that just because one draft website has a player that high doesn't mean anything. I don't recall draftscout having William Hayes anywhere close to the draft range and he went 4th round. You have to take all of those draft websites with a grain of salt.

For those who want to see Sidbury one more time in his collegiate career he is playing in the Texas vs. Nation game January 31st. The NFL's sack rookie leader Trevor Scott played in it last year and went 6th round. Maybe Sidbury follows in his tracks and goes in the 5th round range and does the same thing? How does that sound Spider fans? :)

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2008, 10:37 AM

xeyebrowx Sidbury won that game....

Sibury is damn good, that would be awesome if he was a 1st round but I'd be willing to bet my whole bank account he's not a 1st round pick.

During the Montana @ JMU game the right tackle for Montana #66 got burned by JMU's Moats in the 2nd qtr for JMU's only sack of the game. Moats blew right past the guy on a speed rush. Montana knew Moats was good- he had 3.5 sacks vs Nova the week before. After his one sack, Montana made some adjustments. But while 6'2" 240 3rd yr junior Moats (2nd team All CAA) while maybe the same speed/quickness as the bigger 6'4", 265 5th yr senior Sidbury (1st team All CAA) isn't as big, strong, didn't have the moves, experience, nor the NFL potential of Sidbury. For the record, Sidbury had 4 sacks, not 5. Did all 4 of Sidbury's sacks come against Montana's right tackle #66? Why Montana didn't seem to make an adjustment against Sidbury is baffling.