PDA

View Full Version : ASU vs. Griz @App 2010 @Wa-Griz 2011

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
sorry, been drinking since 5 waiting for the game to start. Been thinking about this for the past half-hour. This has to happen. I think we could convince ESPN to show this on ESPN U easily or ESPN 2 if we're lucky. Of course, we get the first game to make sure that Um doesn't welch on us ;)

Reign of Terrier
December 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Is it official?

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
only in my dreams! (the wet ones at least)

SeattleGriz
December 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
sorry, been drinking since 5 waiting for the game to start. Been thinking about this for the past half-hour. This has to happen. I think we could convince ESPN to show this on ESPN U easily or ESPN 2 if we're lucky. Of course, we get the first game to make sure that Um doesn't welch on us ;)

Hell Yeah! And charge a premium for the tickets. Montana raises the prices for the Montana State game and makes a mint. App and Montana would both have to do that to help each other offset the cost of not having a home game. It could be equitable.

fencer24
December 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Helluva idea, except the winner would knock the other out for that year's chipper.

SeattleGriz
December 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Helluva idea, except the winner would knock the other out for that year's chipper.

Not if played before conference play.

Reign of Terrier
December 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I don't think it will happen. too much $$$ for a non-conference regular season game. I don't know the win perc. of teams the next week after beating Montana at Montana, but from what I've seen (1 game, Wofford) the trip takes a tole on the team. Not taking away from Richmond but we scored 10 points-the least we've scored in the last '07-'08 run.

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM

I don't think so, its the beauty of FCS, big time teams can schedule quality OOC opponents and still lose them and have a chance to make the playoffs. Ideally, I'd love the idea of opening the season with the griz, or have them as the 2nd or 3rd game at most.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well, we haven't played the Griz since '95, so I think they'll schedule us first.

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Aside from the game in 2000

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I don't think it will happen. too much $$$ for a non-conference regular season game. I don't know the win perc. of teams the next week after beating Montana at Montana, but from what I've seen (1 game, Wofford) the trip takes a tole on the team. Not taking away from Richmond but we scored 10 points-the least we've scored in the last '07-'08 run.

I'm not that familiar with arranging for football teams to go traveling, but i'm willing to bet that travel costs are the number 1 issue. Whats to keep us from writing the contract now, scheduling it, contacting a transport company, making a deal with them and locking in being able to travel at todays price. contacting a hotel in Missoula (or Boone) and renting out X amount of rooms for 2011 (or 2010) at a discounted price, to be paid in 90 days (or something to that effect). Everyone winds up happy.

MTGrizzFan
December 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
sounds good to me

Ronbo
December 19th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Don't count on it. AD O'Day said in a recent interview Montana would be sticking to local OOC teams because of cost. He actually said it would take an offer of $250,000 to get App. State to agree to come here.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Don't count on it. AD O'Day said in a recent interview Montana would be sticking to local OOC teams because of cost. He actually said it would take an offer of $250,000 to get App. State to agree to come here.

Get wolfie to front that :)

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM

Was this a one and done? I think a home and home would allow for both teams to easily recoup their expenses. How much would Griz fans be willing to pay to see ASU instead of Ft. Lewis? I know how much I would be willing to pay to see Montana instead of Jacksonville.