PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Schedule 2006

Grizzaholic
November 19th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I am very disappointed with the Grizzly 2006 football schedule. We play Carroll College, very good program, but them and 1 other div II school and no div I-A schools. I, for one and soon to be many more, will be writing the new ad director, JIM O'DAY, and tell him our thoughts. This is a black eye for our program. How do you test yourself if you don't play the best teams in the country every year? I am very embarrased.

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Georgia Southern will be looking for two more teams to play. Have your AD to cancel that game and let's get together for some good ol' fashion knockdown.

A home & home would be good for each program.

How about both Teams playing in Atlanta's Georgia Dome? :nod:

Grizzaholic
November 19th, 2005, 08:58 AM
I agree that would be a good game. That will be in my letter. Georgia Southern is one of the premire programs in div I-AA

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I agree that would be a good game. That will be in my letter. Georgia Southern is one of the premire programs in div I-AA

Like you think the Griz isn't? :eek: ;) :D

It doesn't get any better than this. :nod:

Grizzaholic
November 19th, 2005, 09:05 AM
No I think they are definately a Premire program, it just pisses me off that this suit wearing SOB has the nerve to schedule us against a good Carroll team and somebody's backyard 8 man football team. You can't say that my team, or your team, or anybody's team is the best unless you play the best. Why do you think Lehigh would always go 11-0 or 10-1 all those years and never be seeded #1? They never went out on a limb and played the top teams in non-conference matchups and/or a div I-A team.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Youngstown State will have 2 openings on the schedule. Liberty and Northeastern abandoned us so now we got 2 openings. With LA Lafayette backing out vs. Penn State the same day we have an opening we may play them leaving one more opening.

I'D LOVE TO PLAY GSU or MONTANA.. We are going to have one of the best YSU Teams EVER Next year!! Gonna be fun...

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Exactly!!! If a Team wants to be recognized as the best or upper echlon, they must play top schools in I-AA.

Georgia Southern has played Delaware, McNeese State, & Northeastern on a home & home basis. These matchups are great for the football fans of all of the schools. NOTE: Some A-10 teams will question Northeastern.

Should a game materialize with Montana, you will see both schools excited over the matchup.

I would hope that someday Georgia Southern and Montana can meet during the regular season.

bisonguy
November 19th, 2005, 10:09 AM
NDSU currently has plenty of schedule openings. Only seven games currently signed- four GWFC games, Northeastern, Ball State, and SFA. Have your AD dump the DII and try to break the three game winning streak the Bison have over the Griz. :D

Grizzaholic
November 19th, 2005, 10:15 AM
If only I had that power. I can only write my letter and make a few phone calls.

bisonguy
November 19th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Who's the DII on the schedule?

slostang
November 19th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Georgia Southern will be looking for two more teams to play. Have your AD to cancel that game and let's get together for some good ol' fashion knockdown.

A home & home would be good for each program.

How about both Teams playing in Atlanta's Georgia Dome? :nod:

Eaglegus2,

How about a home and home with Cal Poly? I think both your team and fans would enjoy a trip to California and I would be the first to book a flight to Georgia to see one of the premier programs in the country. If you came in September you could spend a day at the beach the night watching some good I-AA football.

Good luck in the playofffs and hopefully Cal Poly can join you this year.

swaghook
November 19th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I would like to see home and home against any of the above: Montana, Youngstown or GSU. The Bison need to fill their schedule and have shown a willingness to play anyone in IAA. Get after your ADs and get NDSU on your schedule. Montana should be more then willing to schedule us again, don't you guys want a chance at payback?

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Eaglegus2,

How about a home and home with Cal Poly? I think both your team and fans would enjoy a trip to California and I would be the first to book a flight to Georgia to see one of the premier programs in the country. If you came in September you could spend a day at the beach the night watching some good I-AA football.

Good luck in the playofffs and hopefully Cal Poly can join you this year.

Thanks for the luck in the playoffs. I hope we don't pull a one and done this year.

California would be a nice trip, but I doubt the AD would tackle a trip like that. Maybe he would!

The only way we would know is to get your AD to call ours.

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Georgia Southern has played Delaware, McNeese State, & Northeastern on a home & home basis. These matchups are great for the football fans of all of the schools. NOTE: Some A-10 teams will question Northeastern.

I doubt that... N'eastern is down this year... but they are normally a pretty decent 1AA team and always very tough at home.

Grizo406
November 19th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I am very disappointed with the Grizzly 2006 football schedule.

So am I, only because it's not out yet...just speculation, and talk at this point.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051117/SPORTS/511170327/1006 (http://)

TexasTerror
November 19th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Montana should do home-and-home with SHSU. I think fans on both sides want it!

Montana would have to come to H'ville next year though, would you folks mind? Already have SMU, Texas and Missouri St on the road (giving us six road games). We'll return in 2007.

X-Factor
November 19th, 2005, 11:34 AM
The Grizz should do a home-home deal with the Bison. I know they have SDSU on the schedule already (not home-home), but if you have two D-II's on the schedule already you could drop one and add the Bison. That would be great for both programs, and I would be surprised if NDSU wasn't willing to travel first.

griz8791
November 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM
The Carroll game is under discussion but not a done deal.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
The Carroll game is under discussion but not a done deal.

As much as Carroll would like to see it, I doubt it will happen. With N Colorado coming into the Big Sky, that takes away one non-conference spot in the schedule. My senior year at RMC (another Frontier Conference school) we had a decent team and after the season, rumors persisted about us playing the Cats or the Griz (as well as playing one of the Ivies-most of the coaching staff came from Penn the previous year). The only thing that materialized was a game at EWU five years later.