PDA

View Full Version : The grand opening of a new franchise

URMite
December 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
A local couple at UR, David & Cindy (“Only my stepmother calls me by my full name”) have been throwing postseason surprise parties for the pituitary challenged for decades with an impressive list of events including:

5 seed Auburn with Charles Barkley in ‘84
4 seed defending champion Indiana with 4 returning starters in ‘88
& a follow up of 5 seed Georgia Tech the same year
2 seed Syracuse led by Billy Owen & LeRon Ellis in ‘91
3 seed South Carolina in ‘98

But with a downturn in postseason events, the most memorable recent success was a regular season “Tour Week” in ’04 (George Washington, @Temple, @Xavier, culminating in the big event @Kansas).

But with the increase in competition in recent years such as the “Kryptonite Kids” of GMU in ’06 and the “Closing of the Big House” in ’07, the couple has decided to expand into other areas.

Their current target: “Legendary Programs of the FCS”. Is it possible to obtain success in both fields simultaneously? Is success in the new endeavor sustainable? Only time will tell, starting tonight. While the original franchise is holding a local event against #10 Wake Forest (the team that started it all with their visit in ’81 as a top 20 power), the new franchise is traveling to Chattanooga (the site of another founder of the industry “the little engine that could”) to thrown an event for the FCS epic program, Montana.

When asked about continued success in the future, the couple’s only response was “We are still here.”