PDA

View Full Version : New Head Coach at Northwestern State

NSUDemon98
December 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=3635247&DB_OEM_ID=20000

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Peveto was going to get fired at LSU, but Miles liked him, so the Bengal Tigers did what they could to get him a head coaching job. A few may believe that some in the Demon brass probably got all excited that someone from "the" LSU was interested in their job and jumped at it. LSU did all they could to help Peveto -- even flew him up there on a private jet. Maybe he was the best candidate, but I think the LSU on his resume plus a bit of a tie to the NWST past got him the job.

And no, did not read that on TigerDroppings.

Libertine
December 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
That answers my question, TT. It seems odd that a coordinator at LSU would go to an FCS school.

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2008, 08:03 AM
That answers my question, TT. It seems odd that a coordinator at LSU would go to an FCS school.

Yep. According to just about anyone, they were going to fire him at LSU. All indications were that someone like a John Chavis was to get named as Def Coordinator three weeks ago despite that fact Peveto was on the job.

NSUDemon98
December 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Peveto was going to get fired at LSU, but Miles liked him, so the Bengal Tigers did what they could to get him a head coaching job. A few may believe that some in the Demon brass probably got all excited that someone from "the" LSU was interested in their job and jumped at it. LSU did all they could to help Peveto -- even flew him up there on a private jet. Maybe he was the best candidate, but I think the LSU on his resume plus a bit of a tie to the NWST past got him the job.

And no, did not read that on TigerDroppings.

Much better post than the one you made on Katfans.com.

Even though we disagree on why he was hired this is something that is workable.