PDA

View Full Version : Here's my 2 cents on Bobby Hauck

rob_p469
December 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Here's my 2 cents...

1. Every kid on this Montana roster is a Hauck recruit. The old argument from 04 that it wasn't his kids does not apply this year.
2. He has stuck to recruiting mostly Montana kids. He has built on the foundation of Montana football inherited from the likes of Don Read and Joe Glenn and has exceeded expectations year in and year out.
3. He has a history every year of getting better as the year goes on. We have had two one and dones in the playoffs under Hauck, but both were to very good teams that the Griz still had a very good shot of beating in those contests. (More so against Wofford last year than Cal Poly in 05)
4. Hauck hasn't let public opinion in a very difficult football environment affect his coaching or his team. If football teams are generally a reflection of the head coach, than Bobby Hauck must be one tough, old-fashioned, hard nose football coach. And that is good enough for me.
5. 66-15. Find me another coach who has that kind of record in 6 years at a program. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

This is the first real rant of a post I have made and I hope at least most Griz fans out there agree with me. We need to hang onto Coach Hauck for as long as we possibly can... What do you think?xpeacex

mtgrizfan4life
December 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM
PERFECTLY SAID. BTW, I too want to know what happened to Wolfie? Did he have an anxiety attack over the last 2 months? Wolfie, no matter what you say, this years GRIZ team has exceeded our expectations in 08. After all the bashing you have done, if the GRIZ win the NC, I hope you have enough class to somewhat admit you were somewhat wrong about this years team and Hauck.

BTW, our most bashed coach, Phenecie, gives us no reason to bash this year too.

Wolfie, hands down that you lost this year! (thank you Hauck and the GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!)

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2008, 11:37 PM
No doubt Hauck has really come into his own as a coach in the past few years. Win or lose on Friday, I'd love to have him back for at least a couple more seasons. xnodx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 17th, 2008, 11:37 PM
With all sincerity I would like to keep this off the smack board, but all I heard for the first 9 weeks of the year from Wolfman, a Griz "fan" supposedly, was how terrible of a head coach Bobby Hauck is and how much better off the University of Montana would be without him. Here's my 2 cents...

1. Every kid on this Montana roster is a Hauck recruit. The old argument from 04 that it wasn't his kids does not apply this year.
2. He has stuck to recruiting mostly Montana kids. He has built on the foundation of Montana football inherited from the likes of Don Read and Joe Glenn and has exceeded expectations year in and year out.
3. He has a history every year of getting better as the year goes on. We have had two one and dones in the playoffs under Hauck, but both were to very good teams that the Griz still had a very good shot of beating in those contests. (More so against Wofford last year than Cal Poly in 05)
4. Hauck hasn't let public opinion in a very difficult football environment affect his coaching or his team. If football teams are generally a reflection of the head coach, than Bobby Hauck must be one tough, old-fashioned, hard nose football coach. And that is good enough for me.
5. 66-15. Find me another coach who has that kind of record in 6 years at a program. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Like I said at the top of the post, I would love to keep this off the smack board. This is the first real rant of a post I have made and I hope at least most Griz fans out there agree with me. We need to hang onto Coach Hauck for as long as we possibly can... What do you think?xpeacex

I think he choked on the crow or ran out of Tabasco sauce to help wash his helping down.

grizzpaw
December 18th, 2008, 07:10 AM
i have always been a Bobby Hauck fan. i am not very good at these boards xbawlingx but have defended him :D many times on other boards as i have seen posters say just off the wall ****! no he does not need my help, but he is a first class person,coach,and most important to me (and him) a FIRST CLASS family man. so to all those haters (and u know who u r) suck wind baby!xthumbsupx

GrizDen
December 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
PERFECTLY SAID. BTW, I too want to know what happened to Wolfie? Did he have an anxiety attack over the last 2 months? Wolfie, no matter what you say, this years GRIZ team has exceeded our expectations in 08. After all the bashing you have done, if the GRIZ win the NC, I hope you have enough class to somewhat admit you were somewhat wrong about this years team and Hauck.

BTW, our most bashed coach, Phenecie, gives us no reason to bash this year too.

Wolfie, hands down that you lost this year! (thank you Hauck and the GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!)

Agreed, I've been a Phenicie-hater over the previous four seasons, but after the game vs. James Madison, I'll buy him a beer.xthumbsupx

fencer24
December 18th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Agreed, I've been a Phenicie-hater over the previous four seasons, but after the game vs. James Madison, I'll buy him a beer.xthumbsupx

I wish I could know why he couldn't have done the same last year with Lex, but better late than never. :D

appfan2008
December 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
66-15 is a pretty darn good record at any school

GrizzlyBill
December 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Exactly! Right on. Beauty of a season, win or lose tomorrow.

GtFllsGriz
December 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with everything that has been posted. I think Bobby has matured and learned from every season. They pulled out all the stops this year and the results have been nothing short of asstounding. Play to win and don't worry about the wheels falling off what was passed on to you. I hope he stays for a long time.

grizbeer
December 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Here's my 2 cents...

This is the first real rant of a post I have made and I hope at least most Griz fans out there agree with me. We need to hang onto Coach Hauck for as long as we possibly can... What do you think?xpeacex
I agree with most of what you have written, but this point is wrong. Griz have 3 1 and done, not 2 (lost in OT to West Ill on a blocked FG in 2003), and Cal Poly was a much better team in that '05 game, if it wasn't for a breakaway shovel pass that went for 60 yards and TD Griz would have lost by 3 touch downs. Neither the '03 or the '05 teams improved at the end of the year, both losing their last 2 games (to MSU and the 1st round playoff game).

That said I agree Hauck is a great coach, and I hope he sticks around, but until he wins a playoff game in an odd numbered the criticism will probably continue.

mountain_man
December 18th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Where's Alphagriz?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45775

"I will spend a lot of money supporting other programs that want to excel and schedule quality opponents.

Bobbie Hauck and his merry band of clowns has made a once proud program a shambles of what it once was. Shi*ty schedule, rare playoff wins and not a sniff at a NC with his players. He rode Joe Glenns team into the NC game and got slammed with a better team.

Bobbie Hauck is an excuse machine and a very average coach and he has proven that over a 5 year period. He coaches in a very weak conference and has a very inept OC and still manages to win games, whoop de fricken do..............any coach in the USA could come to Montana and win in the BSC.

Now come on you maroon kool-aid drinking morons and tell us all how great our OL is going to be again this year. I will be watching real football."

I wonder how he's enjoying that "real football"??xrolleyesx

Bronco
December 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Alpha is on his way to Nooga after harassing the JMU board all week.

http://www.bangedup.com/archives/bu_posts/mainpukehumperssse4.gif

Georgia Griz
December 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I like consistency within the programs I support. Changing coaches too often doesn't bode well for consistency. I hated to see Glenn set his sails for Wyoming, but keeping Hauck around (and properly compensated) should equal very good results in the foreseeable future.

bpcats
December 18th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I could be totally wrong on my assessment, but I think this year Hauck trusted Phenecie a little bit more in his playcalling than in years past. There was a lot of talk on Egriz in prior years on how Hauck would change a play call from a passing play to running play and relying on Lex to make things happen.

I saw a lot more balance out of the Griz offense this year which helped, especially early in the season as the defense went through their growing pains.

Bobby does a good job of preparing his teams and they don't beat themselves.

I can see Bobby staying at Montana for a very long time, unless a very attractive came calling and I'm not talking about a WAC or Mountain West School.

gbhmt
December 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I could be totally wrong on my assessment, but I think this year Hauck trusted Phenecie a little bit more in his playcalling than in years past. There was a lot of talk on Egriz in prior years on how Hauck would change a play call from a passing play to running play and relying on Lex to make things happen.

I saw a lot more balance out of the Griz offense this year which helped, especially early in the season as the defense went through their growing pains.

Bobby does a good job of preparing his teams and they don't beat themselves.

I can see Bobby staying at Montana for a very long time, unless a very attractive came calling and I'm not talking about a WAC or Mountain West School.

I think the only offer Bobby would take is one from the Pac-10.

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Alpha and Omega I believe on on their way. Kudos to Alpha in admitting his wrong dues though...at least somewhat.

As for Hauck, I have always like the guy, and his knowledge in the realm of football is outstanding. It's sad to know that we'll need another replacement in a few years time, seeing as how someone will notice his feats. xnonono2x xnonono2x

MightyMightyGriz
December 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Where's Alphagriz?

"I will spend a lot of money supporting other programs that want to excel and schedule quality opponents.

Bobbie Hauck and his merry band of clowns has made a once proud program a shambles of what it once was. Shi*ty schedule, rare playoff wins and not a sniff at a NC with his players. He rode Joe Glenns team into the NC game and got slammed with a better team.

Bobbie Hauck is an excuse machine and a very average coach and he has proven that over a 5 year period. He coaches in a very weak conference and has a very inept OC and still manages to win games, whoop de fricken do..............any coach in the USA could come to Montana and win in the BSC.

Now come on you maroon kool-aid drinking morons and tell us all how great our OL is going to be again this year. I will be watching real football."

I sense some poor sportsman ship from a losing team!

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM

Oh I dunno, reading that quote was pretty good. A lot of Griz fans are spoiled

GolfingGriz
December 19th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Hauck can stay our coach as long as he wants. He has done something that Read, Dennehy, and Glenn could never do...win a road playoff game.

Ronbo
December 19th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I think the only offer Bobby would take is one from the Pac-10.

I believe he would take Boise State, Colorado State, or Utah in a heartbeat.

ncbears
December 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Is that your o-coordinator? If so, he did call a good game!

bandl
December 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM
He looks live Beavis. xlolx

No, but seriously...if given the chance, would any of you go down on Hauck, just to say you did? xeyebrowx

Ronbo
December 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Where's Alphagriz?

Alpha is way on the Griz bandwagon. He's in Nooga having a good ol' time.xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
He looks live Beavis. xlolx

No, but seriously...if given the chance, would any of you go down on Hauck, just to say you did? xeyebrowx

I thought we already showed we weren't like JMU fans last week........

bandl
December 19th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I thought we already showed we weren't like JMU fans last week........

That's exactly what I just said. It's cool that you all are into that kind of thing. All the more reason that Hauck will stay at UM for as long as possible! xnodx

;)

mountain_man
December 19th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Umm, no, you don't. xeyebrowx If you go back and read that thread, you will see that I defended the Griz and their coach.

Good luck tonight Griz! This Mountaineer is cheering you on!

maroon
December 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I wish I could know why he couldn't have done the same last year with Lex, but better late than never. :D

The O line is playing much better this year. Chase Reynolds is a better runner than Lex was last year.

MightyMightyGriz
December 19th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Umm, no, you don't. xeyebrowx If you go back and read that thread, you will see that I defended the Griz and their coach.

Good luck tonight Griz! This Mountaineer is cheering you on!

Was just trying to get you to waiver on your support and you didn't. A true fan you be! Thanks!xbowx

GolfingGriz
December 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
The O line is playing much better this year. Chase Reynolds is a better runner than Lex was last year.

Agreed. Chase uses more than brute force, which he also has a large supply of.

gbhmt
December 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I believe he would take Boise State, Colorado State, or Utah in a heartbeat.

Yeah but those are too high profile, I don't think he'd really be a big prospect for those schools.