PDA

View Full Version : Three Days after UR Loss, UNI Assistant Jumps to Wyoming

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
http://wyomingsportsfootball.blogspot.com/2008/12/christensen-adds-montgomery-to-staff.html

University of Wyoming head football coach Dave Christensen announced on Tuesday that Jerry Montgomery has been hired as the Cowboys’ new defensive line coach.

“Jerry Montgomery is unbelievable in building relationships with his players,” said Christensen. “Jerry is an intense coach, and he gets his players to play extremely hard. He has done a great job recruiting, and is an excellent evaluator of talent. Jerry, himself, was an outstanding player at the University of Iowa. He came very highly recommended by the Iowa coaching staff, whom he played for, and by everyone else he has worked with. I’m really, really excited to have him as part of my staff at Wyoming.”

“This is a great opportunity for me and my family to be able to come to an outstanding school like the University of Wyoming,” said Montgomery. “I’m excited to come to Wyoming, because I know from looking at the history of this school that we can win here. From what I’ve seen already, we have kids in place here who are quality players. We are now working at bringing in additional kids who can help us get better. The facilities are great, and that will only help our recruiting. I can’t wait to get started.”

Wasted no time in jumping ship... xeekx

bison95
December 17th, 2008, 04:16 PM
how long until the big chief moves to Amesxrotatehx

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Actually we knew he was going there long before the Richmond game. Or at least I had heard something about it. That being said I think he will be missed. Our D-line was our strong point on D this year, and a lot of that was his doing.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Asst. Coaches at this level make very little $$$$ as compaired to the time invested. Many could make a better living as a HS football coach and teacher. Young guys are going to move on...it's a fact of life.

Mountain Panther
December 17th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Wasted no time in jumping ship... xeekx

Hmmm.....interesting.....someone leaving one job for another for significantly more money? What a novel idea!

You woulda too, admit it.

Mountain Panther
December 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM

ISU needs someone better connected to the prime recruiting areas if they expect to win in the Big XII.

Big Al
December 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM

While I'll grant you it's pretty cold in Iowa these days, the temperature is still above freezing in Hades.

rcny46
December 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
He'll be joining Alex Grinch,UNH DB coach,who left after this season to join the UW staff.He and Dave Christensen were assistants together once upon a time @ Mizzou.I believe he played his college ball at Mount Union who will be playing for the D-3 championship Saturday against Wisconsin-Stevens Point in a rematch of last year's game.Looking forward to watching that.

elcid96
December 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Good time to jump ship. UNI has peaked.

Mountain Panther
December 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM

People said that after Terry Allen left.

Research, son....it does a post good. xnonono2x

JohnStOnge
December 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
“I’m excited to come to Wyoming, because I know from looking at the history of this school that we can win here. From what I’ve seen already, we have kids in place here who are quality players. We are now working at bringing in additional kids who can help us get better. The facilities are great, and that will only help our recruiting. I can’t wait to get started.”

Oh yeah. Should be EASY. Wyoming's just LOADED with football talent!

JayJ79
December 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM
He'll be joining Alex Grinch,UNH DB coach,who left after this season to join the UW staff.He and Dave Christensen were assistants together once upon a time @ Mizzou.I believe he played his college ball at Mount Union who will be playing for the D-3 championship Saturday against Wisconsin-Stevens Point in a rematch of last year's game.Looking forward to watching that.

UW-Whitewater, not UW-Stevens Point

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah. Should be EASY. Wyoming's just LOADED with football talent!

Wyoming: Beautiful woman hiding behind every tree :D

Tough place to recruit kids to play, just such an isolated place, the town they call Laramie.

bison95
December 17th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Wyoming: Beautiful woman hiding behind every tree :D

Tough place to recruit kids to play, just such an isolated place, the town they call Laramie.

and sheep in every trailer home!

TCisMYhero
December 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Your credibility is dwindling.

rcny46
December 17th, 2008, 08:22 PM
UW-Whitewater, not UW-Stevens Point

Sorry.That was pretty dumb.There are so many UW branches,that I mixed that one up.I actually knew it was Whitewater they were playing. :o

PantherRob82
December 17th, 2008, 09:51 PM

We seem to keep peaking. the Citadel must not have peaked lately...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Hmmm.....interesting.....someone leaving one job for another for significantly more money? What a novel idea!

You woulda too, admit it.

It's not so much that he jumped but the speed at which he did so. Was he interviewing while the playoffs were going on? Did he hop on a plane to Laramie hours after Ward connected on that pass? I mean, three days is FAST.

ValleyChamp
December 17th, 2008, 10:01 PM
It's not so much that he jumped but the speed at which he did so. Was he interviewing while the playoffs were going on? Did he hop on a plane to Laramie hours after Ward connected on that pass? I mean, three days is FAST.

Coach Farley announced this right after the game last Saturday. I don't understand why many of you are trying to make this into some kind of story. Do you think this is uncommon or what? He is taking a job in the FBS with more money. Whats the big deal? Flordia's o-coordinator is taking a different job, what does that say about Florida?xrulesx

Big Al
December 17th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Rumor has it was in the works for a bit.

Big Al
December 17th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Coach Farley announced this right after the game last Saturday. I don't understand why many of you are trying to make this into some kind of story. Do you think this is uncommon or what? He is taking a job in the FBS with more money. Whats the big deal? Flordia's o-coordinator is taking a different job, what does that say about Florida?xrulesx

Nonono! UNI is falling apart at the seams! We'll never be this good ever again!
xsmiley_wix

clenz
December 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I remember hearing this BEFORE the UNH game, because I thought it was interesting that an assistant from both schools would be on the same team next year.