PDA

View Full Version : Seating Arrangement for Title Game

Georgia Griz
December 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Which side of the stadium are the majority of the Griz fans going to be seated?

placidlakegriz
December 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Which side of the stadium are the majority of the Griz fans going to be seated?

Regardless of what the tricket says the GRIZ all better get over to he visitor side.

MacThor
December 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I think the lower half of the bracket won the coin toss so Richmond is technically the home team.

I'm guessing that means UR will be wearing the all-blues and UM the white/maroon?

DuckDuckGriz
December 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
UM in whites, Richmond in blues.

Griz fans should be situated on the "opposite" end of the stadium (of the press box), meaning you will see them most often during game play. This will be the first time Montana is the away team in Chatty, and the second time overall.

The last time the Griz wore whites was in 1995, when they won the NC against Marshall.

SideLine Shooter
December 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think you will be able to sit anywhere you want to sit.:(

DuckDuckGriz
December 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think you will be able to sit anywhere you want to sit.:(

I think the stadium will fill in alright, Griz fans travel well. The big question is Richmond fans - they are somewhat close but I have no idea how many fans they bring to a game, and I have only seen a few Spiders fans on AGS.

93henfan
December 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think the stadium will fill in alright, Griz fans travel well. The big question is Richmond fans - they are somewhat close but I have no idea how many fans they bring to a game, and I have only seen a few Spiders fans on AGS.

They'll bring at least 500.

DuckDuckGriz
December 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
They'll bring at least 500.

If they don't bring much than it's better that they be on the home side since the ESPN cameras won't show that as much.

93henfan
December 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM
If they don't bring much than it's better that they be on the home side since the ESPN cameras won't show that as much.

This title game should be fairly similar demographically to our '03 appearance vs Colgate. Large fanbase with a good distance to travel vs very smallish fanbase. We had the visitor side about 2/3 full and 'Gate had a smaller number sprinkled about the home side. With locals, the game may pull in 15,000. We'll see on Friday. I wouldn't go by the "official" figure because that will include all the App St presale/no shows.

DuckDuckGriz
December 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
This title game should be fairly similar demographically to our '03 appearance vs Colgate. Large fanbase with a good distance to travel vs very smallish fanbase. We had the visitor side about 2/3 full and 'Gate had a smaller number sprinkled about the home side. With locals, the game may pull in 15,000. We'll see on Friday. I wouldn't go by the "official" figure because that will include all the App St presale/no shows.

Yeah that's a good comparison. I would be really satisfied with 15,000.

93henfan
December 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah that's a good comparison. I would be really satisfied with 15,000.

FWIW, I checked the box score from the '03 game and the attendance was 14,281.

Georgia Griz
December 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I may be walking into a Spider web, then. xeekx I bought my tickets from UT Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago, and they put me about 5 rows back from the field in the center of the home side. I sure hope that my group of three can somehow get into the visitor bleachers.xconfusedx

BeauFoster
December 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I may be walking into a Spider web, then. xeekx I bought my tickets from UT Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago, and they put me about 5 rows back from the field in the center of the home side. I sure hope that my group of three can somehow get into the visitor bleachers.xconfusedx

You actually have sweet seats - they are stadium seats and not bleachers. Of course, you will probably only sit down at half time, so that won't matter. I've been to Chattanooga three years running and have never once been asked to show a ticket to get into the seating area. You won't have a thing to worry about - roam free young man!

ur2k
December 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Sounds like it - we just got our tickets today from UR and they are in section 106.

http://www.div1fbchampionship.com/images/diagram%20.jpg

Grizaholic17
December 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM

I wouldn't worry about that too much. You should be able to squeeze in over there. I went in '04 and had the same issue as you, only to find out it wasn't an issue when we got there.