PDA

View Full Version : Another Rumored WA/GRIZ expansion

mtgrizfan4life
December 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
WTF, not sure if this is true or not, Egrizzers are posting the Montana Board of Regents approved another 4K expansion. Anyone in Missoula that can confirm this would be appreciated. If so, why not just have it done in the last expansion? What changed this past year to get this one going?

How this is going down does not make any sense to me. Could someone please explain? xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just people *********ting.

There's no way in hell they expand the stadium again this offseason, championship or not.

mtgrizfan4life
December 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM
That is/was my thinking too. With that said though, a few of the EGRIZZERS confirming this are normally pretty reliable. I am 60/40 not believing this.

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
As much as I'd love to see another 4K on the west side, I really don't see it happening this soon.

However, they did say the next place they go would be the west side. xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2008, 11:56 PM
WTF, not sure if this is true or not, Egrizzers are posting the Montana Board of Regents approved another 4K expansion. Anyone in Missoula that can confirm this would be appreciated. If so, why not just have it done in the last expansion? What changed this past year to get this one going?

How this is going down does not make any sense to me. Could someone please explain? xthumbsupx

That is/was my thinking too. With that said though, a few of the EGRIZZERS confirming this are normally pretty reliable. I am 60/40 not believing this.

Look at the date on the thread, its from when they did the NEZ. Old news...REALLY!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2008, 11:57 PM
As much as I'd love to see another 4K on the west side, I really don't see it happening this soon.

However, they did say the next place they go would be the west side. xthumbsupx

No, I think they laid the ground work for the rest of the expansion on the east side already and then they wer gonna go over to the other side. I'm pretty sure the infrastructure for the next expansion was done last summer but the seating and steel work not put up due to the board of regents not approving the initial 4500 seat expansion but were willing to go with the 2500 instead.

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2008, 11:59 PM

Check the date. Old thread from 2003.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2008, 11:59 PM
AWESOME! Man that's funny. I assume you're talking about a thread on egriz that got dug up?

mtgrizfan4life
December 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Seriously, is this not jumping the gun, if true? It is hard for me to believe we have demand for another 4,000 tickets this soon. Could this be an attempt to make some better offers to better programs to do home and homes? I would love when and if we expand again to have the $$$ and support for top level FCS teams and midlevel BCS teams to come to Missoula.

mtgrizfan4life
December 17th, 2008, 12:03 AM
DAMNIT EGRIZ!!!!! you got me. Discontinue this thread!

mtgrizfan4life
December 17th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Never mind AGS, I bit hook, line, and sinker on that one! They should have saved it for April Fools.

uofmman1122
December 17th, 2008, 12:38 AM
xlolxxlolx

Good game, mtgrizfan4life. We all make mistakes.

Also, ursus, I remember King George or Jim O'Day in an interview about the expansion saying something to the tune of, "After this, we go west, my friend."

I can't find the article, though, so if someone else can dig it up, that'd be cool. xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
December 17th, 2008, 12:49 AM
in all seriousness why not expand again? You have the demand and making it louder never hurt. You all sell out every game why not give yourself a shot at reclaiming the attendance title without having our attendance drop off and I'm sure y'all could find the money?

I would love nothing more than to see a home and home with ASU and Montana except being able to attend both games.

Tod
December 17th, 2008, 01:12 AM
in all seriousness why not expand again? You have the demand and making it louder never hurt. You all sell out every game why not give yourself a shot at reclaiming the attendance title without having our attendance drop off and I'm sure y'all could find the money?

I would love nothing more than to see a home and home with ASU and Montana except being able to attend both games.

I think we've just about found our high mark on attendance. We've had several non-sellout games this year.

Maybe some other Griz fan(s) know more than me, but if we build it, they can't really come if there are no more "they".

Maybe Friday's game will have an effect, one way or another.

uofmman1122
December 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I think we've just about found our high mark on attendance. We've had several non-sellout games this year.

Maybe some other Griz fan(s) know more than me, but if we build it, they can't really come if there are no more "they".

Maybe Friday's game will have an effect, one way or another.I think it's due mostly to the terrible way they handled student sales this year.

Considering we still have a rather long waiting list for season tickets, the support for another expansion is there.

But again, it's too soon. I know they'll expand again, and we'll have upper decks on both east and west sides, but it's not necessary at this point.

Tod
December 17th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I think it's due mostly to the terrible way they handled student sales this year.

Considering we still have a rather long waiting list for season tickets, the support for another expansion is there.

But again, it's too soon. I know they'll expand again, and we'll have upper decks on both east and west sides, but it's not necessary at this point.

True. I'd love to see an upper deck on the east side and an expansion in the south endzone that would nearly rival the NEZ (though with the scoreboard and Griz Vision it couldn't be quite as big), that would bring capacity to 32K or so.

But we have to be careful, I think. 20K for a playoff game seems to be about all we can do (1st round, of course).

It'll be interesting to see where it all goes.

uofmman1122
December 17th, 2008, 02:12 AM
The very next thing I want to see expanded at WGS is some freaking LIGHTS!!!!

Grizaholic17
December 17th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I was going to say to check the date.

appfan2008
December 17th, 2008, 07:39 AM
well that is true they cant keep coming if there is no more of them but i bet you can find some more bodies to fill more seats... but both app and montana are nearing the top end of their potential attendance IMO

ur2k
December 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Do you guys have any pictures of your stadium? xlolx

th0m
December 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
The very next thing I want to see expanded at WGS is some freaking LIGHTS!!!!

WaGriz has no lights?

uofmman1122
December 17th, 2008, 08:44 AM
WaGriz has no lights?Nope.

In the past, ESPN has had to bring lights in so we could have night games.

Rumor has it that someone donated $500,000 or so a few years ago specifically for lights, but we never got them.

Stubbins
December 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Nope.

In the past, ESPN has had to bring lights in so we could have night games.

Rumor has it that someone donated $500,000 or so a few years ago specifically for lights, but we never got them.

We don't need no stinkin' lights!!! I love the Sat morning ritual, and I love how special the games are when ESPN brings the lights in.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Never mind AGS, I bit hook, line, and sinker on that one! They should have saved it for April Fools.

hehe, nice, I read that post as well and finally looked at the dates. Pretty good one actually xpeacex

andy7171
December 17th, 2008, 11:35 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures. :D

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures. :D

Don't make me neg rep you! :p xsmiley_wix

mtgrizfankb
December 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
LOL not this year. however they do have an expansion in the making prob 2 years down the road. but they might not purse it and use the money for other additions and upgrades. NO MORE SEATS THIS YEAR.

mtgrizfankb
December 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM
by the way LIGHTS ARE DUMB! COLLEGE FOOTBALL SHOULD BE SAT. except for a few select games a year. semi finals and Finals

appfan2008
December 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
LOL not this year. however they do have an expansion in the making prob 2 years down the road. but they might not purse it and use the money for other additions and upgrades. NO MORE SEATS THIS YEAR.

why so adament?

griz8791
December 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
why so adament?

I don't know if this is what he had in mind, but there are several unglamorous, virtually-invisible-to-the-public infrastructure issues that need to be addressed. Some close to the program believe these issues should have taken priority over this most recent expansion.

appfan2008
December 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I don't know if this is what he had in mind, but there are several unglamorous, virtually-invisible-to-the-public infrastructure issues that need to be addressed. Some close to the program believe these issues should have taken priority over this most recent expansion.

your stadium was built in 1986 though... how many structural problems can there be with a stadium that young?

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
by the way LIGHTS ARE DUMB! COLLEGE FOOTBALL SHOULD BE SAT. except for a few select games a year. semi finals and Finals

What's wrong with a night game on Saturday? xconfusedx

84Griz
December 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
your stadium was built in 1986 though... how many structural problems can there be with a stadium that young?

I think he is talking about the need to upgrade the locker room and weight rooms for the Griz. At one point there was talk of adding on to the South endzone seats to make them match the North endzone and to put new football offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms and a weight room underneath the expansion. It was going to run about 6 million but is on the back burner.

It just pisses me off to no end that King George (U of M president George Dennison) sucks all the money out of the football program and never gives anything back (personal rant).