PDA

View Full Version : Coulson Pick....

ezgriz51
December 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Darn...he picked the Griz. C'mon, he can be right once! He also says this is for our fourth championship, so I guess this one is worth two! Cool.
GO GRIZ!!!!

fencer24
December 16th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Amazing, even if he gets it right, he gets it wrong!

T-Dog
December 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
His prediction was the Griz 21-17. Haven't read the whole article yet but I imagine Griz fans aren't too happy now that they've been picked by Coulson.

ezgriz51
December 16th, 2008, 04:36 PM
His prediction was the Griz 21-17. Haven't read the whole article yet but I imagine Griz fans aren't too happy now that they've been picked by Coulson.

I think all you need to do is read it, and you get awarded another championship.xlolx xlolx

fencer24
December 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Just read it, it's riddled with errors. Not even sure if he spelled his own name right.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Darn...he picked the Griz. C'mon, he can be right once! He also says this is for our fourth championship, so I guess this one is worth two! Cool.
GO GRIZ!!!!http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm
Like a child anticipating Christmas morning, Hauck has a bigger package than expected under his championship tree, as the Grizzlies play for their fourth national crown and the sixth-year coach looks for his first title as the head man. I think the Griz are 2-3 in champ games so far so aren't they playing for their sixth?

Grizaholic17
December 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

The Kiss of Death has been laid upon our fate.

Well...maybe he'll be right. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

fencer24
December 16th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Law of averages says he can't be wrong forever. Even idiots get lucky.

JMU DJ
December 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
So I guess this is the official Pecking order for how Coulson's hatred goes:

1. JMU
2. Montana
3. Any team that beats App State

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
So I guess this is the official Pecking order for how Coulson's hatred goes... Hatred? xrolleyesx

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htmI think the Griz are 2-3 in champ games so far so aren't they playing for their sixth?

Correct. EZGriz is pointing out that we have only won 2, therefore, we can't be playing for our 4th.

JMU DJ
December 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hatred? xrolleyesx

You're right... Hatred is a strong word... I should have used "an extreme dislike for." It is the pick of death and I do believe Coulson has figured this out. What else can explain his post season record for picks?

griz8791
December 16th, 2008, 05:22 PM
It's perfect. Not only is it the kiss of death for us, but it's like spraying his e-mail inbox with Griz-Fan-Begone. Because how do you send hate mail to a guy who has picked you to win?

Ronbo
December 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Why is no one citing the article? Good analysis of the upcoming game. Good job Dave.:)

ASUMountaineer
December 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Man, so much hatred for a guy who really doesn't do much. Never understood it. I don't even read his articles each week, but people here are all up in arms because he is perceived as not liking your school. Man, you should read what they write and say about Appalachian down here. Coulson may be an App homer, but he's one of the few in NC. People across the nation who talk about ASU have never been here, they haven't a clue, they were just being trendy.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Why is no one citing the article? Good analysis of the upcoming game. Good job Dave.:)I gave the link and cited the article, but here is some more that I know you'll appreciate Ronbo:
Montana had allowed just 91 points in its previous nine wins, but was stung for 27 points and 419 yards by James Madison, the third-highest total offense figure the Grizzlies had given up all year...

... In a contest where points are likely to come at a premium, Montana probably has a few more playmakers than Richmond, and expect the Grizzlies to come away with one or two more plays to win their fourth national championship.

Montana 21, Richmond 17.

xsmiley_wix

BDKJMU
December 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Well, Coulson is 1-5 in the quarters & semis.

In big JMU games was 1-7 picking JMU this year. Picked JMU to beat Duke & Montana, wrong on both. Picked JMU to lose to UMass, ASU, Nova, Wofford, Nova II. Was wrong on all 5. The only one he got right was the UR game back in Oct.

A Coulson pick is the kiss of death.

Peems
December 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Are griz fans forgetting that he picked us to beat Tx St?

GolfingGriz
December 16th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Yeah, Coulson hasnt done that bad on Griz games this year. The only ones his missed are Cal Poly, EWU, WSU in the playoffs, and JMU. He's 11-4 picking the Griz, why won't friday make it 12-4?

BDKJMU
December 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Coulson hasnt done that bad on Griz games this year. The only ones his missed are Cal Poly, EWU, WSU in the playoffs, and JMU. He's 11-4 picking the Griz, why won't friday make it 12-4?

Yeah but you can't count the gimme games when everyone expects you to win handily. Coulson was 7-7 picking JMU, but 1-7 in the big games (vs BCS Duke and top 10 I-AA)

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Ya, I figure he can bookend his picks with the correct ones. And to add some more credence to that, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

bobbythekidd
December 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I guess I have to change my sig now.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1264/942646148_f534fe9769.jpg?v=0

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 16th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Why is no one citing the article? Good analysis of the upcoming game. Good job Dave.:)

Here is a really short part, taken completely out of context:

"Hauck has a bigger package than expected" xsmiley_wix

Silenoz
December 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Man, so much hatred for a guy who really doesn't do much. Never understood it. I don't even read his articles each week, but people here are all up in arms because he is perceived as not liking your school. Man, you should read what they write and say about Appalachian down here. Coulson may be an App homer, but he's one of the few in NC. People across the nation who talk about ASU have never been here, they haven't a clue, they were just being trendy.

I never understood it either. Even though some of his correspondence (made public) with someone on egriz made him look somewhat silly.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I never understood it either. Even though some of his correspondence (made public) with someone on egriz made him look somewhat silly.Can't really respect anyone who would post private email on a messageboard. Can't trust what is posted is real either. Especially if the person is pushing an agenda. xtwocentsx

gbhmt
December 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have emailed him...

griz37
December 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just to correct a few errors:

McKnight kicked the game winner against Central Washington
Griz going for 3rd national title
Schann Schillinger is a safety
Chase Reynolds played 8 man, not six.

An editor would do these articles wonders.

GrizLifer
December 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I am really wondering if he did any reasearch this week... Schillinger a linebacker? And last time I checked, the Griz didn't play Western Washington nor have they won 3 national titles... Really discouraging that once Appy is gone the guy just licks the stamp and mails it in... Im sure this has already been posted and I needed to vent so badly that I didn't scour all the other posts yet

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
An editor would do these articles wonders.Tony Moss is the editor. xnodx

GrizLifer
December 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM
...And sure enough the guy right before me already got him haha

griz37
December 16th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Tony Moss is the editor. xnodx

I liked Tony's writing but he needs to pay attention to this stuff, but so does Coulson.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I liked Tony's writing but he needs to pay attention to this stuff, but so does Coulson.Yes, that kind of stuff wreaks of inattentiveness. Probably overworked and underpaid. I know everybody there wears many hats.

HLNgriz
December 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Yes, that kind of stuff wreaks of inattentiveness. Probably overworked and underpaid. I know everybody there wears many hats.

If people think they are overworked and underpaid, get a different job. Life is way to short to live like that.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Tony Moss is the editor. xnodxI will say that I do not know for a fact that Moss edited that column. Did Dave have it fixed yet?

Tod
December 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
If people think they are overworked and underpaid, get a different job. Life is way to short to live like that.

You make it sound really easy to just "get a different job".

I guess if it doesn't matter how much money you make, Wal-Mart is always an option.

eaglesrthe1
December 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Sometimes part of it is in the satisfaction and joy of the job, which is compensation also.