PDA

View Full Version : Coastal's schedule for next year (tentative)

bodoyle
November 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang:
@ GSU
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ GWU (gardner webb)
@ WSSU (winston salem state)

PC (presbyterian)
SC State
Elon
SSU (sav st)
Libery
CSU (chuck south)

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

2005 schedule is better then 2004 but...06 is idential to this year. Hope we can go 11-0 otherwise we will not get in the playoffs (if we make it this year and lose in 1st round).

Ga South - JMU
Wofford - APP St
SCSU - well SCSU

*&%$ weak OOC. Nuff said, don't need to explain anything.

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang:
@ GSU
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ GWU (gardner webb)
@ WSSU (winston salem state)

PC (presbyterian)
SC State
Elon
SSU (sav st)
Libery
CSU (chuck south)

2005 schedule is better then 2004 but...06 is idential to this year. Hope we can go 11-0 otherwise we will not get in the playoffs (if we make it this year and lose in 1st round).

Ga South - JMU
Wofford - APP St
SCSU - well SCSU

*&%$ weak OOC. Nuff said, don't need to explain anything.

Where'd you get that schedule? It will be a good schedule if Wofford doesn't back out like they did this year and we get Ga. Sou. Anything to help the ball game. But we are losing big players, so lets hope recruiting last year and this year pays off and brings in some real talent. We are going to need it to continue our drive to being one of the best teams around.

bodoyle
November 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Mark: it's on our board. www.coastalfans.com and then on the right click the link saying WSSU

Yes we are losing players but damn we cant play this weak of a schedule!

3 maybe 4 solid/good games out of 11.

3 jokes

4 conference not solid :bang: :bang:

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I haven't been to Coastalfans in a while

bodoyle
November 18th, 2005, 01:09 PM
You should re-join us. Since I joined (a looooooooong time ago) there have been lots of changes (for the better).

But more importantly, WTF is up with this goddamn schedule!!!!!!

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM
i did. i joined when it first started with JAWZ/The Gadfly but forgot my name. I'm now leoCatfish

bodoyle
November 18th, 2005, 01:26 PM
send jacket an email he should have it

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Honestly, this years schedule is better than that

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM
we needs our Atheltic Director to make some smart moves before we lose too much motivation or good players and prospects. Winston-Salem has a University? Well i will be god dammed

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 01:58 PM
GSU is a trade-off with App, but Wofford is step down from JMU, atleast the Wofford of late, the rest is pretty much the same

and you replace Mansfield with another D2, not smart

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 02:02 PM
PC not until 2007 from what I've heard and they will likely be transitioning to DI at that time.

Cheevy
November 18th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I see 2 D2 schools here - Presby & WSSU.

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 02:05 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Why two more D2 schools? If anyone out there has an inkling of what the logic is, please enlighten me.

gophoenix
November 18th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Mansfield is DII, Presby will be transitional next year from what I am told. So this schedule sees two transitional teams.

Wofford, Elon, SC St and GSU aren't bad choices. What do you guys expect, its hard for teams like this to schedule this many OOC games. Plus, they aren;t bad, so no one wants to play them in the first place.

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Mansfield is DII, Presby will be transitional next year from what I am told. So this schedule sees two transitional teams.

Wofford, Elon, SC St and GSU aren't bad choices. What do you guys expect, its hard for teams like this to schedule this many OOC games. Plus, they aren;t bad, so no one wants to play them in the first place.

We know Wofford, Elon, GSU and SCSU aren't bad schools. But We want to improve just lke veryone else. so if we can't get someone better schools, why give us weaker schools?

89Hen
November 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I just think Coastal just really caught a tough break this year. At the beginning of this season if you said Coastal would be 10-1, I'd have said they were a lock. Now, I just don't know. Tomorrow is going to be crazy.

gophoenix
November 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM
If you ask me, it looks your your AD is scheduling games that are close by? So with that, what are the reasons:
1) so fans can travel to the games
2) to reduce travel costs

If you look back over the years of other indies, you'll see that Elon, WKU, Hofstra, Liberty, and Samford all played not all tough schedules, but played schools that teams had to take air travel for.....

Maybe travel costs are a concern right now?

November 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I see 2 D2 schools here - Presby & WSSU.WSSU will be a provisional I-AA next year (like NDSU, SDSU, UNC and UCD).

November 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
... Presby will be transitional next year from what I am told. So this schedule sees two transitional teams...If Pres announces they will be probationary next year (they could still go back the first year).

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
WSSU will be a provisional I-AA next year (like NDSU, SDSU, UNC and UCD).

Just to reiterate - I am pretty sure PC will be on our schedule starting 2007 and will be provisional by then as well. Hopefully we can add another solid team to the schedule.

November 18th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Just to reiterate - I am pretty sure PC will be on our schedule starting 2007 and will be provisional by then as well. Hopefully we can add another solid team to the schedule.For 2006:
I-AA: @ GSU
I-AA: @ Wofford
I-AA: @ VMI
I-AA: @ GWU (gardner webb)
I-AA provisional: @ WSSU (winston salem state)
D-II: PC (presbyterian)
I-AA: SC State
I-AA: Elon
I-AA: SSU (sav st)
I-AA: Libery
I-AA: CSU (chuck south)

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 03:56 PM
For 2006:
I-AA: @ GSU
I-AA: @ Wofford
I-AA: @ VMI
I-AA: @ GWU (gardner webb)
I-AA provisional: @ WSSU (winston salem state)
D-II: PC (presbyterian)
I-AA: SC State
I-AA: Elon
I-AA: SSU (sav st)
I-AA: Libery
I-AA: CSU (chuck south)

What I'm saying is that PC will NOT be on our schedule next year.

November 18th, 2005, 03:59 PM
What I'm saying is that PC will NOT be on our schedule next year.Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JALMOND
November 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
With that schedule, Coastal should go 10-1 again next year (only loss I see is to Ga Southern). Then we all can continue this argument again next year of Coastal getting in or not getting in due to them not playing anyone.

bodoyle
November 18th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Good I am glad that we do not play them next year, errr I HOPE we don't play them next year. What about playing an A10 team or a CAA team? Bill and Mary, Northeastern, New Hampshire, UMASS?

chantster
November 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Trading Mansfield for WSSU isn't that great. DII is DII

Make PC earn their way. They got blown out by Elon. We don't need to carry their asses until they are bonafide Div I-AA.

This year's schedule is much better than 2006 schedule.

Look at us. Even if we win Saturday and go 10-1, we are still not sure about making the playoffs. With that schedule next year, forget about the playoffs unless we run the tables and go 11-0.

Not criticizing. Just being realistic.

November 18th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Trading Mansfield for WSSU isn't that great. DII is DII...but provisional I-AA (WSSU) is not D-II.

2006 Winston-Salem State University Football Schedule

Date Opponent Site Time
August 26, 2006 Catawba College Salisbury, NC 6:00 pm
September 2, 2006 N.C. A&T University Greensboro, NC TBA
September 9, 2006 S.C. State University Winston-Salem, NC 6:00 pm
September 16, 2006 Open Date
September 23, 2006 Florida A&M University Tallahassee, FL TBA
September 30, 2006 Coastal Carolina University Winston-Salem, NC 6:00 pm
October 7, 2006 Howard University Winston-Salem, NC 2:00 pm (Homecoming)
October 14, 2006 Bethune Cookman College Daytona Beach, FL TBA
October 21, 2006 Savannah State University Savannah, GA TBA
October 28, 2006 Hampton University Hampton, VA TBA
November 4, 2006 St. Augustine’s College Winston-Salem, NC 1:30 pm
November 11, 2006 Open Date
November 18, 2006 Norfolk State University Norfolk, VA TBA

grizband
November 18th, 2005, 05:22 PM
With that schedule, Coastal should go 10-1 again next year (only loss I see is to Ga Southern). Then we all can continue this argument again next year of Coastal getting in or not getting in due to them not playing anyone.
Wofford and SC State might have something to say about that.

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Wow, ralphie's pretty quick to shut down the smack...guess I forgot what board I was on :)...but from a strictly objective point of view, theres little doubt in my mind that ya'lls 2006 schedule is somehow even weaker than this years, while still virtually assuring you guys at least one loss (GSU). And btw, I take great issue with "Wofford = App St."...thats why I was a little testy in my remarks earlier :). You guys better do well should you make the playoffs this year...

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM
2005: ASU 49, Woffy 17. Enough said.

JALMOND
November 18th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Wofford and SC State might have something to say about that.

Coastal should be favored over SC State next year for no other reason than it is a home game for Coastal, similar to the JMU game this year.

Wofford might be the only close game Coastal has next year. I'd still give them the edge based on Coastal's success this year. Yes, Wofford might surprise (and I'll look at it more closely next year) but right now, I'd take Coastal straight up.

Of course I'll reevaluate both games next year.

November 18th, 2005, 05:33 PM
2005: ASU 49, Woffy 17. Enough said.2003: Wofford 24-14
2002: Wofford 26-19

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 05:36 PM
You never know -

Liberty with a new coach could be much better - see South Carolina and Notre Dame

Chuck South is on a roll right now and playing like they should have been all year - they will be improved with Drafts as a senior.

Wofford could pull a 2003

So our schedule could be upgraded with just the teams that are in our conference actually playing respectable football - I know it might be tough to see now but I can hope.

I also hope that we add another good I-AA program and that should quiet people down.

Winning 9 or 10 games with any schedule is a difficult task and I'm sure GSU, SC State and the others will do their damndest to see that we don't do it again.

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I think you skipped the 2004 score though ralph, 38-17. And the 2003 Wofford squad was an abberation...they were actually very good that year, they beat EVERY SOCON that year (yes, GSU + Vermin included). As far as 2002 goes, that was before my time :). You can't compare the 2003 Woffy squad to any Woffy team before or after...

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Trading Mansfield for WSSU isn't that great. DII is DII

Make PC earn their way. They got blown out by Elon. We don't need to carry their asses until they are bonafide Div I-AA.

This year's schedule is much better than 2006 schedule.

Look at us. Even if we win Saturday and go 10-1, we are still not sure about making the playoffs. With that schedule next year, forget about the playoffs unless we run the tables and go 11-0.

Not criticizing. Just being realistic.

I don't agree Chantster - right now we don't have any DII's on the 2006 schedule so I say it is about equal if not better depending who we get as our last opponent. PC may have been added for 2007 since they will likely be Big South then - just transitional.

Football in the Big South is just a bitch right now - hopefully the conference gets better as a whole and this argument will cease to exist. Otherwise we will need to find greener pastures.

November 18th, 2005, 05:41 PM
... the 2003 Wofford squad was an abberation...You can't compare the 2003 Woffy squad to any Woffy team before or after...Except the 2002 team that coined the playoff-snub term "Woofed" beat Appy too.

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Oh, and the score was of course APP 38, Woffy 17. Thought I'd make that clear.

Theres no arguing that App 2005 > any Woffy team ever fielded, including 2003. Woffy was one and done that year in the playoffs...just a very weak SOCON that year.

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM
A lot of things can happen ina year. JMU was supposed to be our toughest opponent and they ended up being 2nd, maybe 3rd.

So we trade GSU for ASU - equal trade if not harder as GSU returns a lot of people next year. JMU for Wofford - seems to be an equal trade as well. Then Mansfield for WSSU - that is a move up. Why is everyone bitching?

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Except the 2002 team that coined the playoff-snub term "Woofed" beat Appy too.

But 2002 was still "pre-Kep" and therefore means nothing to me...except the Furman game...because I actually saw that on ESPN in HS. And that was cool.

So what your saying ralph is that the 2006 Woffy squad will whoop CCU more than we did this year? Or are you just tryin to tick me off :mad: ? :D

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Except the 2002 team that coined the playoff-snub term "Woofed" beat Appy too.

And WE made it to the playoffs that year. Poor Wofford...but everybody's got that one "dayum! how'd we lose that one? game"...a la Vermin 2005.

November 18th, 2005, 07:03 PM
And WE made it to the playoffs that year. Poor Wofford...but everybody's got that one "dayum! how'd we lose that one? game"...a la Vermin 2005.Except you also lost to GaSU that year (not to mention Marshall) before being one and done in the playoffs.

windwalker
November 18th, 2005, 07:22 PM
GSU is a trade-off with App, but Wofford is step down from JMU, atleast the Wofford of late, the rest is pretty much the same

Agreed... I have been saying all year... NO MORE DIV 2'a.... with a 'weak' conference schedule, playing down really kills our GPI...

On the other hand, if we upgrade too quick... we could also kill our recruiting prospects.. Heck... glad I am not the AD!!!!

Cheevy
November 18th, 2005, 07:23 PM
On the other hand, if we upgrade too quick... we could also kill our recruiting prospects.

How so?

windwalker
November 18th, 2005, 07:43 PM
How so?

What I meant is, if the schedule is upgraded too quickly, and the results turn into a 4 - 7 season, the 'bragging rights' of a great 'tradition' (short as it may be) for winning just wouldn't appeal to many prospects...
The difference...

1st yr 6 -5
2nd yr 10 -1
3rd yr 10 -1
4th yr 9 - 2 ( maybe 10 -1 )

VERUS.
1st yr 6 -5
2nd yr 10 -1
3rd yr 10 -1
4th yr 4 -7

Not that I condon scheduling down... what I was trying to say, is that the AD has to look out for the Best Interests of the team and the University...

SuperJon
November 18th, 2005, 10:17 PM
This is bordering on getting hijacked into another App thread.

Next year's the last year of having to play Savannah State, thank God.

The games are @ Wofford and @ Georgia Southern so that makes those even harder.

WSSU, well, let's just say I'll be sleeping in my own bed after that game as I'm from the Winston area.

SC State may turn into a really good rivalry.

Who knows what'll be up with Liberty. They have a completely new regime coming in and have Lou Holtz on their side.

It's not good. It's not horrible. Only having four conference games really makes it hard to schedule because you have 7 OOC games to fill as opposed to maybe 4 that a lot of schools have. No matter how many good OOC teams you schedule, unless it's 6 of the 7, it will always look bad if you have a couple middle to lower end of the pack teams in there.

BestOfBreed
November 18th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Theres no arguing that App 2005 > any Woffy team ever fielded, including 2003. Woffy was one and done that year in the playoffs...just a very weak SOCON that year.

Maybe you should check on that. Wofford advanced to the Division I-AA national semifinals losing to Delaware. 3 and done != one and done. Maybe in Boone but nowhere else that I'm aware of.

Cheevy
November 18th, 2005, 10:38 PM
3 and done != one and done.

A C programmer, eh? You know you've spent too much time in front of a computer when you see '!=' & automatically think 'is not equal to'.

rokamortis
November 19th, 2005, 01:13 AM
A C programmer, eh? You know you've spent too much time in front of a computer when you see '!=' & automatically think 'is not equal to'.
yeah - me too :anim_chai

Cheevy
November 19th, 2005, 01:17 AM
aw, man ... don't hassle me with that damned chainsaw.

ASU Kep
November 19th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Maybe you should check on that. Wofford advanced to the Division I-AA national semifinals losing to Delaware. 3 and done != one and done. Maybe in Boone but nowhere else that I'm aware of.

Yup, I was wrong. So much for my memory...

SoCon48
November 19th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yup, I was wrong. So much for my memory...

GSU was one and done the next year. Lost to New Hampshire in Statesboro.

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Here are the Teams that the Eagles will play so far. The times and dates haven't been named. The Eagles will be looking for two more games. I do know that the Wofford game will be moved toward the end of the year. The SoCon is shifting games around for most teams. I have heard that the Furman game will be the last game of the year. Has any Furman fans know of the possible date?

We will probably schedule 1 home game and 1 away. Hopefully, we can get a money game with a I-A team.

Northeastern @ Georgia Southern

Coastal Carolina @ Georgia Southern

Wofford @ Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern @ CHATTANOOGA

Elon @ Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern @ WESTERN CAROLINA

Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern @ THE CITADEL

Georgia Southern @ FURMAN

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
According to Bennett - we have just signed a contract with Furman for a home-home for 2006 and 2007.

So our schedule looks a bit better. No DII games. Final Year of Savannah State - wish we could just buy them out.

@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ Gardner-Webb
@ Winston Salem State

Furman (not sure if home or away)

SC State
Elon
Savannah State
Liberty
Charleston Southern

Coastal89
November 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
I hope our 40+ Seniors come ready to play every game next year. :( :o

MarkCCU
November 22nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
We've got Furman for the next 2 years. Holy Jeez! If it sticks, that will help us out greatly.

IaaScribe
November 22nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
Adding Furman is a huge help. That'll be a nice schedule next year. CSU is very young, so I don't expect much of a dropoff, and Liberty is bound to be improved with a new coach and a ripe group of young talent. VMI may really struggle. They lose a lot of seniors, especially on defense.

Elon, Savannah State, Winston-Salem State and VMI appear to be the only garbage games (ducking from Elon fans!)

SoCon48
November 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM

Not ideal, but anybody is better than Mansfield.

SoCon48
November 22nd, 2005, 06:08 PM
According to Bennett - we have just signed a contract with Furman for a home-home for 2006 and 2007.

So our schedule looks a bit better. No DII games. Final Year of Savannah State - wish we could just buy them out.

@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ Gardner-Webb
@ Winston Salem State

SC State
Elon
Savannah State
Liberty
Charleston Southern

3 good teams.

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
3 good teams.

How many 'good' I-AA teams did ASU play this year? Don't say the I-A's are good teams as they were scheduled for the $$$ and you guys were not expected to win either. I-A's are great to front load the strength of schedule.

CoastalFan2005
November 23rd, 2005, 11:25 AM
Here it is -- the whole thing. 6 away games, 5 home.

@ Furman
@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ GWU
@ WSSU

Elon
SC State
Savannah State
Liberty
Chas Southern

FU97
November 23rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Here it is -- the whole thing. 6 away games, 5 home.

@ Furman
@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ GWU
@ WSSU

Elon
SC State
Savannah State
Liberty
Chas Southern

I thought the 2006 game was at CCU, not Furman. We have 4 conference home games and JSU at home next year. We are at UNC. I think we'll have a "patsy" team at home for our 6th game. I would think we would want the CCU game in Greenville for the 2007 season as we only have 3 conference home games that year.

CoastalFan2005
November 23rd, 2005, 12:09 PM
I thought the 2006 game was at CCU, not Furman. We have 4 conference home games and JSU at home next year. We are at UNC. I think we'll have a "patsy" team at home for our 6th game. I would think we would want the CCU game in Greenville for the 2007 season as we only have 3 conference home games that year.

An article I read elsewhere (something by Jeff Hartsell, couldn't find a link other than where it was posted on CoastalFans) had this to say:

--Coastal vs. Furman: Bennett continues to upgrade Coastal's schedule. Next year, the Chants will play Wofford, Georgia Southern, South Carolina State and Furman. Bennett said the Furman game was agreed to Monday. Coastal will play at Furman in 2006, and the Paladins will come to Conway the next season.

So I dunno. It could be mis-reported. I wouldn't think Furman would come to us first, but maybe they will.

Either way, look forward to seeing you next year!

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
FU: You are correct.

Our revised schedule is as follows. Not in any order.

@Ga South
@Wofford
@VMI
@Gard Webb
@WSSU (winston salem state)
Furman
SC State
Elon
Savannah State
Liberty
Charleston Southern

CoastalFan2005
November 23rd, 2005, 12:19 PM
FU: You are correct.

Our revised schedule is as follows. Not in any order.

@Ga South
@Wofford
@VMI
@Gard Webb
PC (home?)
Furman
SC State
Elon
Savannah State
Liberty
Charleston Southern

Bob, I thought PC was out, and WSSU was in?

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Correct i forgot to edit that out.

bigchocolate
November 23rd, 2005, 01:04 PM

@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
@ VMI
@ Gardner-Webb
@ Winston Salem State

SC State
Elon
Savannah State
Liberty
Charleston Southern

This could easily be a 6 to 7 win season. Don't be so cocky, you guys (CCU) aren't that good Yet!!

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 01:07 PM
This could easily be a 6 to 7 win season. Don't be so cocky, you guys (CCU) aren't that good Yet!!

Who is being cocky? Please quote the statement where a CCU poster is being cocky in regards to our 2006 schedule - I'd love to see it.

MarkCCU
November 23rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Seems to be a lil bit tougher but CCU can pull through it, Furman, Wofford and Georgia Southern will no doubt be good teams to play and the program(coaches and players) will learn a great deal from playing some tougher teams. Not to be cliche but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Easy Rok. Down boy :p

Big: You're right we shouldn't get cocky, and I don't think we will, well the sensible ones won't. It will definitely give us a good idea of how we will compare to the SoCon with 4 games against them.

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 02:29 PM

Big: You're right we shouldn't get cocky, and I don't think we will, well the sensible ones won't. It will definitely give us a good idea of how we will compare to the SoCon with 4 games against them.

Now before I say this remember I have been a CCU supporter this year. :) But we got an idea this year. You played the best and worse we had to offer this year.

Next year will be interesting.

2006 GSU will be strong quite possibly better than 2005 ASU
2006 Wofford will be better than 2005 Wofford but my guess is still middle of the pack SoCon
2006 FU will not be as good as 2005 FU. Wish that was not the case but we lose too much. We may be third, we may be less. 2007 Furman should be back near the top.

Either way I am looking forward to it. I also think this is building the case to get in the SoCon if CCU wants in.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM

What? I just asked for clarification of his remark - I honestly haven't seen anyone be cocky nor should we be.

Bulldog87
November 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
3 good teams.
Which are the 3 good teams? I see at least 4 counting S.C.STATE. :D

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Which are the 3 good teams? I see at least 4 counting S.C.STATE. :D

Absolutely

I don't see how anybody can complain about CCU's fourth year schedule.

the Beach sounds fun and let's have some.

Now let's get SC State back on the schedule at some point

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
I don't see how anybody can complain ...

But you know they will
:lmao:

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I don't see how anyone can complain about the 2006 schedule. Certainly an upgrade but I think the team will go 7-4 and stay home again.

2005 WAS the year until we got " Super Safetyed ". :mad:

rokamortis
November 25th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I don't see how anyone can complain about the 2006 schedule. Certainly an upgrade but I think the team will go 7-4 and stay home again.

2005 WAS the year until we got " Super Safetyed ". :mad:

Are you a CCU fan? I didn't think you were from past posts but I keep seeing 'we'. If so welcome to AGS, we always need good chanticleer fans.

The slate next year is tough for sure. If we are to do well then next year is as good a year as any as we'll have 34 seniors. I could be wrong - but it seemed like the team had some issues gelling, so hopefully any issues get worked out. The reason I state that is they didn't seem like the same team I watched in 2004.

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Are you a CCU fan? I didn't think you were from past posts but I keep seeing 'we'. If so welcome to AGS, we always need good chanticleer fans.

The slate next year is tough for sure. If we are to do well then next year is as good a year as any as we'll have 34 seniors. I could be wrong - but it seemed like the team had some issues gelling, so hopefully any issues get worked out. The reason I state that is they didn't seem like the same team I watched in 2004.

I am a SoCon fan but was also really hoping CCU would make the playoffs this year and get an invite from SoCon in the near future. I think that will still happen but may now take a few more years.

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM

I just can't believe a playoff bid was given away in 10 seconds. Hard to understand how such an easy assignment was blown. Did the coach not convey the call to the player or did the player just decide to do things his on way? He obviously had some understanding of what he was suppose to do as he ran in the direction of the end zone. What possessed him to run out of bounds? Would really like to know what he was thinking ??????

rokamortis
November 25th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I just can't believe a playoff bid was given away in 10 seconds. Hard to understand how such an easy assignment was blown. Did the coach not convey the call to the player or did the player just decide to do things his on way? He obviously had some understanding of what he was suppose to do as he ran in the direction of the end zone. What possessed him to run out of bounds? Would really like to know what he was thinking ??????

I don't know if anyone knows the real story besides the coaches and players, but Bennett shouldered the blame himself saying that they had not practiced that play for a while. From some other things I have heard is that Simpson had never practiced that play but they put him in because of his good hands and speed.

Lapper
November 25th, 2005, 07:43 PM
:eyebrow: Another fairly weak schedule, minus GSU. Hell I think it could be weaker than this past season's. The Teal Sand Hens better get an invite into in SoCon in 2006/07 or nobody is going to want to go to this school for football. :twocents:

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I don't know if anyone knows the real story besides the coaches and players, but Bennett shouldered the blame himself saying that they had not practiced that play for a while. From some other things I have heard is that Simpson had never practiced that play but they put him in because of his good hands and speed.

Coach took the balme as he should. If Simpson didn't understand the play then IT IS Bennett's fault. If Simpson chose to do something other than what he was told ( like just run around until he thought time had expired ) , then he needs an attitude adjustment. The irony was CCU would not have been in the position to get a bid without his plays in prior games.

rokamortis
November 25th, 2005, 07:50 PM
:eyebrow: Another fairly weak schedule, minus GSU. Hell I think it could be weaker than this past season's. The Teal Sand Hens better get an invite into in SoCon in 2006/07 or nobody is going to want to go to this school for football. :twocents:

The 2006 schedule is stronger than 2005. Furman and GSU are equal to ASU and JMU if not stronger. Wofford is stronger than Del State. WSSU is stronger than Mansfield. Hopefully the other Big South schools will do a better job with their OOC than they did this year, thus making them stronger.

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 07:57 PM

Lapper please be objective. 2006's schedule is certainly an upgrade.
No, CCU won't get a SoCon invite next year ( that chance ran out of bounds)
but CCU is a good fit for SoCon and will eventually get there if they keep adding SoCon teams to their schedule. Recruit will continue to improve with the schedule. Location is very desirable for recruits and visiting teams with beach and great golf.

CoastalFan2005
November 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM

I certainly don't see how you can knock the 2006 schedule. It's quite an improvement over 2005.

For one, we have eliminated DII teams, as WSSU will be a I-AA transitional team when we play them.

Also, I personally don't think we can chalk the Big South up as being a bunch of "roll-over" teams, because it seems as if the rest of the conference has finally started to improve. Even Liberty should be better next year, with the hiring of a brand new coaching staff.

We are playing four SoCon teams, two of which are currently in and should do pretty well in the I-AA playoffs. Compare that to this year's schedule, where we only met two SoCon teams, one of which is currently in the I-AA playoffs.

As for the rest of the teams on the schedule, SCSU should be a good team again next year. SSU is really the only pure crap game I see on our schedule, and they refuse to let us buy out that contract, so there's not much we can do about that. I think the 2006 schedule is a major improvement.