PDA

View Full Version : Richmond's Shawn White

JayJ79
December 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I hope he was able to recover from his injury that he sustained in the final minute of the UNI game.

Not sure what it was. After the play itself, he looked fine, had hopped back up, taken a few steps and tossed the ball to the official. But then, the next thing you know, before he was able to make it the next few steps to the sideline, he collapsed and needed a few minutes of trainer assistance before he could leave the field.

I sure hope he's able to recover.

mcveyrl
December 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hmmmm....smack??

SeattleGriz
December 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I hope he was able to recover from his injury that he sustained in the final minute of the UNI game.

Not sure what it was. After the play itself, he looked fine, had hopped back up, taken a few steps and tossed the ball to the official. But then, the next thing you know, before he was able to make it the next few steps to the sideline, he collapsed and needed a few minutes of trainer assistance before he could leave the field.

I sure hope he's able to recover.

I saw that as well. Delayed Onset Acute Injury. Very common, seldom heard about.

achrist70
December 15th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe he should have stuck to snowboarding?

clenz
December 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I saw that as well. Delayed Onset Acute Injury. Very common, seldom heard about.Usually only afflicts victims in the closing seconds of a game where the victim is out of time outs and is losing.

Bettina90
December 15th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Kind of like "Inabilitytodoublecoveratightendintheendzoneitis".

Weak. He made a great play and went down on his shoulder, it gained Richmond nothing other than perhaps a chance to catch their breath, which worked the same way for UNI.

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
If anything that situation was more advantageous to UNI.. Their defense was gassed.

clenz
December 15th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Just saw it on ESPNU, and he got up and thew the ball to the ref with THAT SAME FREAKING ARM!

That gave UR about an extra minute to call a play and make a plan. What a joke

ValleyChamp
December 16th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Pussitis.

ValleyChamp
December 16th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Kind of like "Inabilitytodoublecoveratightendintheendzoneitis".

Weak. He made a great play and went down on his shoulder, it gained Richmond nothing other than perhaps a chance to catch their breath, which worked the same way for UNI.

What a load of crap. They got about a 3 minute break and were able to discuss and call a play. All while the clock SHOULD have been ticking. I'm not saying this was the deciding factor of the game, as we probably would have lost anyway, but to sluff it off as nothing is crap. He faked an injury.xnonono2x

MacThor
December 16th, 2008, 07:52 AM
1. The clock had stopped anyway.
2. He made a great catch and really hit the carpeted concrete awkwardly and hard.
3. Mike London made a point of staying over the player so the officials knew he wasn't "coaching."
4. Every play on the two-minute drill was scripted in advance.

fencer24
December 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Whether faked or not, that darn Astro Turf ought to be banned. It is just too hard on the players. I will always remember that image of Bagley sticking his hand down, and watching his forearm buckle because of that surface.

ur2k
December 16th, 2008, 08:02 AM
If there's something here like you guys claim, maybe we can attribute it to good coaching.

Bad coaching is leaving a TO on the board when you are down 1 point in a national semifinal game. Oh and blowing your other to ice the kicker right before that.

spdram
December 16th, 2008, 08:12 AM
If he faked the injury it was one heck of a smart move by a 5th year seldom used senior. But years ago while riding bikes with my daughter (she was just learning to ride) she ran me into a ditch (choice either hit her or go to ditch, I thought I could stop but couldn't) went over the handlebars and landed on my shoulder just like he did. Got up, held my are walked 5 steps and fell down from the pain, so from personal experience it is possible he was injured.
---
Personally, I prefer to think he was smart.

clenz
December 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Quit calling our turf concrete, it is softer than anyone would imagine. Neither the hit, nor the fall were anything to be worried about....especially after he gets up and throws the ball to the official with that same arm.

London might not have been coaching but what about the OC, WR coach, OL coach, RB coach, TE coach, etc...?

I expect to see a spider collar, or some form of shoulder brace on him this week, especially if he hurt that bad

ur2k
December 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Quit calling our turf concrete, it is softer than anyone would imagine. Neither the hit, nor the fall were anything to be worried about....especially after he gets up and throws the ball to the official with that same arm.

London might not have been coaching but what about the OC, WR coach, OL coach, RB coach, TE coach, etc...?

I expect to see a spider collar, or some form of shoulder brace on him this week, especially if he hurt that bad

xbawlingx

Get over it

clenz
December 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
xbawlingx

Get over itQuit being vulgar......

Forgot, that rule doesn't apply to UR fans on message boards

MacThor
December 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
So what were UNI's coaches doing during the stoppage? Making their defensive starters run windsprints?

unialum95
December 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
We aren't still whining about this are we? Richmond walked our prevent D down the field and scored. Get over it please.

Is it '09 yet? xsmhx

State Line Liquors
December 16th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I warned the spider fans last week that the kitties cry when their milk bowl spills. Unreal that this is even a topic.

It's always something...

89Eagle
December 16th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I guess that during injury or not time out the UNI coach drew up that bush league final play. Sorry to be mean, but that was one of the worst calls I have seen.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM
UNI fans need to get over it. This helped us out just as much as them. We couldn't stop them from running simple out routes ALL GAME. This is all they did the entire drive down the field. It is entirely possible he was injured, but he should have at least been able to get off the field as he was really close. It doesn't matter now nothing will change!! Learn to deal with things instead of complaining about them it gets you no where!!

andy7171
December 16th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Maybe if the UNI offense could have sustained a drive of more than 0:15 seconds, the Spiders wouldn't have been able to walk down the field.

Phrebert
December 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Good Coaching (Acting and Football)

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Lenz, the UNI fans that were ones that warned us about the turf being hard. You are truly being sour grapes at this point.

We enjoyed the hospitality in the Cedar Valley, but you folks sure have some message board dopes.

UNI fans participation in the "Sympathy for UNI" thread is similarly pathetic. Sympathy is something you have when someone's grandparent passes away or their child gets into an auto accident ... not something I have ever looked for after a football game. Pathetic.

Your season is over. Look ahead to next year. UNI has alot coming back.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
By the way, White said he received 30 derogatory messages on his MySpace page from UNI fans.

Truly Pathetic.

Rekdiver
December 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
It was a bush league faked injury.....not as bush league as the UNI coach not trying to get a 1st down to ice the game though........

nmatsen
December 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
A grown man having a myspace page, truly pathetic.

UD77
December 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Just saw it on ESPNU, and he got up and thew the ball to the ref with THAT SAME FREAKING ARM!

That gave UR about an extra minute to call a play and make a plan. What a joke

He must have hurt it when he threw the ball. Yeah that's it.

mountaineer_dax
December 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Players faking injuries is the equivalent to flopping in soccer and basketball. It sucks but it happens either way.

It couldn't have been that the UNI secondary was young and unexperienced could it? I mean I did hear they were using freshman and juco transfers. Maybe the inexperience in the long run lead to them losing the game.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Actually UNI graduates their top 3 cornerbacks and top 3 safeties...

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I warned the spider fans last week that the kitties cry when their milk bowl spills. Unreal that this is even a topic.

It's always something...

I'm sure you were still talking about Delaware's loss that ended their season a week after it happened. Even if it was 2 1/2 months agoxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx .

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 12:04 PM
By the way, White said he received 30 derogatory messages on his MySpace page from UNI fans.

Truly Pathetic.

I highly doubt that, and would be interested to see proof.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
UNI fans participation in the "Sympathy for UNI" thread is similarly pathetic. Sympathy is something you have when someone's grandparent passes away or their child gets into an auto accident ... not something I have ever looked for after a football game. Pathetic.

Your season is over. Look ahead to next year. UNI has alot coming back.

It was not a UNI fan who started the sympathy thread. Nor did I hear any of them say they were grateful for it or that they needed the sympathy. We realize losing games is something that happens. It sucks the way we lost this one, but I was over it the next day.

The only reason I participated in the thread is what it turned into. It turned into talking about our program and the coaching decisions. So if it is pathetic to discuss your team then I guess you can call me pathetic.

It is terrible the things that were said to this player on his my space, but those would be students who as we all know get a little bit out of hand. I wish him and your team the best.

That being said it is pathetic that this topic was started. I couldn't tell if he was asking seriously or not, but either way this should have never been started. Good Luck in Chattanooga, but I am cheering for the Griz because of a pool that I am in. I will have no problems if Richmond wins as that just means we lost to the champions!

ur2k
December 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Can we just stop this garbage and talk about what matters. UR and Montana playing in Nooga?

We won, you lost. We will win with class if you promise to lose gracefully.

xnodx

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Can we just stop this garbage and talk about what matters. UR and Montana playing in Nooga?

We won, you lost. We will win with class if you promise to lose gracefully.

xnodx

As long as you make the same promise about next weekxrulesx .
Go Griz

ValleyChamp
December 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree about the turf. If you have ever been on it, its not that hard. There is a pretty thick pad underneath and it makes it pretty squishy. It feels alot better than it looks.

And for the UR fans who are finding it sooo easy to be gracious winners,xrolleyesx ....I expect to see the same kind of grace if you lose on friday.

State Line Liquors
December 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm sure you were still talking about Delaware's loss that ended their season a week after it happened. Even if it was 2 1/2 months agoxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx .

Eternal Bridesmaids...appropriate signature. More self pity and doubt to follow I'm sure.

You guys will get it done one day, don't worry. Until then, be a good kitty and find a lap to curl up on while you watch the championship game...like us this year. Maybe between now and Friday, some of your compatriots in purple will be able to develop some other excuses for losing.

Mountain Panther
December 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Eternal Bridesmaids...appropriate signature. More self pity and doubt to follow I'm sure.

You guys will get it done one day, don't worry. Until then, be a good kitty and find a lap to curl up on while you watch the championship game...like us this year. Maybe between now and Friday, some of your compatriots in purple will be able to develop some other excuses for losing.

The bridesmaids are often times better looking than the brides. xsmiley_wix

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I highly doubt that, and would be interested to see proof.

London said it on Big Al's radio program yesterday morning. AM950. I am not sure if there is radio transcript because the show is mostly mediocre. I just listen to the London and Mickey Matthews interviews every week.

Al asked London about contributions from the 'lesser known' guys. He mentioned White's catch and then mentioned the Myspace page (laughing).

MacThor
December 16th, 2008, 03:07 PM
On Spider Sportsline today, this came up. Had White made it to the sideline UR was just going to spike the ball as soon as it was spotted, and run the same plays according to the script.

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM
London said it on Big Al's radio program yesterday morning. AM950. I am not sure if there is radio transcript because the show is mostly mediocre. I just listen to the London and Mickey Matthews interviews every week.

Al asked London about contributions from the 'lesser known' guys. He mentioned White's catch and then mentioned the Myspace page (laughing).

Oh ok. Well if London says it on Sportstalk radio, it must be truexeyebrowx . Until I see proof, I doubt it happened.

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM

We'll come to terms with our season sooner or later. Like I said, if we would've had 2 1/2 months to be okay with it, I'm sure we would be in the same position as you. Don't you have a transfer qb to read about or something anywaysxlolx ?

mcveyrl
December 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Oh ok. Well if London says it on Sportstalk radio, it must be truexeyebrowx . Until I see proof, I doubt it happened.

From a complete outsider's view (because I don't care whether it happened or not)...it probably did.

1) That's some pretty crazy stuff for Mike London to make up.

2) Out of ALL the UNI fans (or those that are claiming to be UNI fans on White's MySpace page) that watched not only in person, but also on national television, it is not hard to think that 30 or so wackos would do this.

I really don't see it as an indictment on the fanbase, just the actions of a radical few in the uber-media day and age (I just found out I could update Facebook from my phone...WTF?)

ValleyChamp
December 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Why are some UD fans obsessed with UNI failure?

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://searchservice.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sitesearch.results&qry=shawn%20white&type=People&g=B&loc=richmond%2C%20va&srchBy=All&minAge=--&maxAge=--&d=25

This is the search for Shawn White. I also did a few others. If you are able to find his myspace, let me know.

State Line Liquors
December 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Don't you have a transfer qb to read about or something anywaysxlolx ?

Actually you're right! Then again, you guys might have one set in your targets as well. Looks like you folks are pretty active in the transfer department too. Most of ours come from other universities. You guys seems to hit the juco circuit more. xbowx

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Actually you're right! Then again, you guys might have one set in your targets as well. Looks like you folks are pretty active in the transfer department too. Most of ours come from other universities. You guys seems to hit the juco circuit more. xbowx

And major powers (USC-Whitney Lewis, Notre Dame-DJ Hord, Louisville-Craig James). Oops.xpeacex

Mountain Panther
December 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Ugh...another UNI/UD p*ssing match. Get over it and more on guys.

State Line Liquors
December 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Why are some UD fans obsessed with UNI failure?

Not obsessed with the failure itself. More with the reaction to it.

Then again, obsessed probably wouldn't be the word. It's not like I'd start sending someone hatemail to their facebook account...that would be obsessed.

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
It's not like I'd start sending someone hatemail to their facebook account...that would be obsessed.

So would responding to each person from a certain school............xeyebrowx

JayJ79
December 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I wasn't really whining. Not sure it really made much difference in the game.
More just being a smartarse. The whole thing just seemed rather silly to me. I was similarly amused a few years back by the acting job done by a UNI punter (Adam Kos, maybe?) that drew a roughing call. (he WAS run into, and I think the 5-yard penalty would have gotten the first down as well, but he.... embellished it into a 15-yard roughing call)

TCisMYhero
December 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I wasn't really whining. Not sure it really made much difference in the game.
More just being a smartarse. The whole thing just seemed rather silly to me. I was similarly amused a few years back by the acting job done by a UNI punter (Adam Kos, maybe?) that drew a roughing call. (he WAS run into, and I think the 5-yard penalty would have gotten the first down as well, but he.... embellished it into a 15-yard roughing call)

Was that TxSt '05? I think I remember that as well.

clenz
December 16th, 2008, 06:01 PM
He seems to be ok in this post game picture from a UR fan

http://picasaweb.google.com/gwlach/Game15PlayOffGame?authkey=IH-Bbl002Wk#5280217104860206866

He also looked fine running around in celebration after the game.

Oh well, must have been a stinger or something. I need to move on

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM
DNP until London sent all the seniors out for Victory formation last night.

spdram
December 20th, 2008, 11:03 PM
No he was in earlier in the game also.