PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Lehigh & Lafayette Called "Blissfully Pretentious"

Lehigh Football Nation
December 15th, 2008, 01:20 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-love-being-called-blissfully.html

As the Lehigh football offseason gets in full swing, it's time to get some dibs and dabs from "The Rivalry" that somehow got missed in the flood of football from "The Rivalry" to the FCS National Championship game.

But nothing is better than having your school called "Blissfully Pretentious" by a columnist for the Virginian-Pilot. Bob Molinaro is lamenting the fact that the Virginia/Virginia Tech game doesn't have a snappy nickname, and talks about - you guessed it - "The Rivalry".

At first, I didn't like it - but I'm beginning to warm to being called "blissfully pretentious". :D

Appstate29
December 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-love-being-called-blissfully.html

At first, I didn't like it - but I'm beginning to warm to being called "blissfully pretentious". :D

Va vs. Va Tech- The Pillowfight.

OL FU
December 15th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Then there's Lehigh and Lafayette, small football programs so blissfully pretentious that they call their game "The Rivalry." As if there's no other.

When you have one main hated rival, then there is no other (at least as far as those fans are concerned)

jimbo65
December 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Most pretentious name for sure is Harvard & Yale, "THE GAME"

letsgopards04
December 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think we have played enough to use whatever name we want. I don't have a problem with blissfully pretentious. In fact when I think of blissfully pretentious I think of the rich old-timers in their fur coats with their snazzy tailgates on the Markle parking deck.

Franks Tanks
December 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I think we have played enough to use whatever name we want. I don't have a problem with blissfully pretentious. In fact when I think of blissfully pretentious I think of the rich old-timers in their fur coats with their snazzy tailgates on the Markle parking deck.

At the Lafayette Princeton game a few years ago I saw a Princeton couple in their 80's eat a 6 course meal that was packed meticiliously in a cooler. They just sat at this little table with a table cloth, fine china and silver eating this "tailgate" fare. Gotta love the Ivy and Patriot (to a lesser extent) tailgaiting scene.

ColgateTD
December 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Gotta second the motion of Franks Tanks, above. There ain't nothing like Ivy/Patriot League tailgating in the fall colors of October in the northeast...:)

Go...gate
December 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Ditto on that second!!

ngineer
December 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
absolutely...we do it right!xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Tailgate? With cars? xlolx

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Tailgate? With a parking lot and everything? xlolx