19) Samford
20) Furman
21) Central Arkansas
22) Georgia Southern
23) Albany
24) Holy Cross
25) Delaware

Top 10 just missed cut:
South Dakota State, Montana State, Brown, Northern Arizona, South Carolina State
Lafayette, McNeese State, Colgate, North Dakota State, Penn

Source: http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Hellgate60
December 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
No love for Northern Iowa

UMStudent
December 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
UNI number 10 ... WHAT xeekx xnonono2x

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Big surprise. Been that way all year. Sagarin's computer can get on its knees.

93henfan
December 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
That's not a bad ranking, IMHO.

Some teams are obviously skewed from where they stood at the end of the season based on stronger performances at the front end. Clearly Delaware was not a top 25 team at the end of the season.

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
UNH, Wofford, and Nova in front of us is questionable, at best.

Reign of Terrier
December 14th, 2008, 12:42 PM
How'd Weber leapfrog Wofford? Why is JMU #1?

Big Al
December 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
10) Northern Iowa

Baloney.

Reign of Terrier
December 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
10) Northern Iowa

Baloney.

Bologna

Big Al
December 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Bologna

I'd only spell it that way if I was gonna put it on a sandwich.

Ain't no way I'm eating a #10 from Sagarin.

xrolleyesx

Grrrrriz
December 14th, 2008, 01:16 PM
How'd Weber leapfrog Wofford? Why is JMU #1?

As far as Weber leapfrogging you, I think its probably because they beat the Griz, who beat the Dukes, and as far as James Madison being number one, Jeff Sagarin must be a pseudonym for Villanova's Andy Tally.

Maroons
December 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM
1) James Madison
2) Montana
3) Richmond
4) Villanova
5) Appalachian State
6) Weber State
7) Wofford
8) New Hampshire
9) William & Mary
10) Northern Iowa
11) Cal Poly
12) Massachusetts
13) Maine
14) Elon
15) Harvard
16) Eastern Washington
17) Southern Illinois
18) Liberty
19) Samford
20) Furman
21) Central Arkansas
22) Georgia Southern
23) Albany
24) Holy Cross
25) Delaware

Top 10 just missed cut:
South Dakota State, Montana State, Brown, Northern Arizona, South Carolina State
Lafayette, McNeese State, Colgate, North Dakota State, Penn

Source: http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

In my opinion, I need no more evidence that Sagarin's computers have no credibility than seeing Samford at number 19. Conference schedule means way too much to the Sagarin ratings if Samford can be 19th one year removed from the OVC and the OVC doesn't even have a team in the just missed the cut category.

Clearly, it's something to talk about... but it just doesn't get it right and is not very useful.

Reign of Terrier
December 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
As far as Weber leapfrogging you, I think its probably because they beat the Griz, who beat the Dukes, and as far as James Madison being number one, Jeff Sagarin must be a pseudonym for Villanova's Andy Tally.

But you guys beat them more recently

Grrrrriz
December 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
But you guys beat them more recently

yeah, but its probably due to strength of schedule, that Weber didn't have until we beat JMU.

Native
December 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
In my opinion, I need no more evidence that Sagarin's computers have no credibility than seeing Samford at number 19. Conference schedule means way too much to the Sagarin ratings if Samford can be 19th one year removed from the OVC and the OVC doesn't even have a team in the just missed the cut category.

Clearly, it's something to talk about... but it just doesn't get it right and is not very useful.

Maybe there is a case to be made for Samford being rated higher than #19 this year. If so, make the case! Which Sagarin Top 18 teams do you think #19 Samford (6-5) should be ranked above, and why? xconfusedx

Why does everyone get their feelings hurt xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx about a transparent computer rating system? It is what it is. xreadx

Native
December 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Why do so many get their feelings hurt (not you, Grrrriz) by a computer rating system?

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

The system is not perfect, but it is transparent, and more honest and accurate than 90% of the homer chest thumping on this board.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cowboy up, men! xnodx xnodx xnodx

MacThor
December 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
C'mon, UNI fans. What do you care where Sagarin has you? You were in the Final Four.

This is why human polls stop when the playoffs start. Do you really think the winner between #2 Montana & #3 Richmond will care if they aren't #1 in a computer poll?

TCisMYhero
December 14th, 2008, 03:31 PM
C'mon, UNI fans. What do you care where Sagarin has you? You were in the Final Four.

This is why human polls stop when the playoffs start. Do you really think the winner between #2 Montana & #3 Richmond will care if they aren't #1 in a computer poll?

I think it is just frustration of computers and humans not giving us a whole lot of credit all year. People during the middle/end of the year complaining when UNI in top 15 of computer poll was the breaking point for me.

Native
December 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
UNH, Wofford, and Nova in front of us is questionable, at best.

Sagarin's rating is not a snapshot of current strength. It represents the entire season. Based on their body of work, it is not a stretch to place Villanova in front of anyone except JMU. xcoffeex

Hansel
December 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
worst year for the 'puters in some time... IMHO

Kabooom
December 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think it is just frustration of computers and humans not giving us a whole lot of credit all year. People during the middle/end of the year complaining when UNI in top 15 of computer poll was the breaking point for me.

Fortunately Panther fan,

It's ok to kick your puter..

Too many camera phones and hidden Cams nowadays...to safely put a good lick on the dog.....

NOTE:
*No dogs or Biased Koolaid drinkin sports-writers/fans were hurt in this production*

Kabooom
December 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Montana 43rd in Sagarin's Poll...including BCS TEAMS??....A lofty and PRESTIGEOUS ranking...Hmm not my style..No Thanks..

I'd Gladly trade that ranking in for a Natl Championship Ring......Hell Puter, You could even rank us down to say...200. I'll buy you some extra memory....and would also throw in some unreal downloads...Deal?

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM

????? xconfusedx xconfusedx

You were ranked #4 practically the whole year in the human polls...

Bettina90
December 14th, 2008, 08:24 PM

You got the 3 seed, do you think you deserved the 1 or the 2? Sagarin's intent is to rank and quantify relative rankings. I am pretty sure he absolutely DRILLED the UNH and Richmond result, after the 3 point swing for home field.

eaglesrthe1
December 14th, 2008, 08:26 PM
The Sagarin isn't nothing but a circle jerk for the CAA, always has been.

Wolfman
December 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Let's see, Montana beats JMU on their home field, is 14-1 for the season, and JMU is ranked ahead of them????? R-I-G-H-T !!!!

Shellin
December 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Let's see, Montana beats JMU on their home field, is 14-1 for the season, and JMU is ranked ahead of them????? R-I-G-H-T !!!!

It's because Hauck is a joke of a coach, right Wolfman? xlolx

MacThor
December 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM
It's not a poll, people. Only the BCS is stupid enough to use it as such.