PDA

View Full Version : Hey Richmond!

Big Al
December 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM
At the end of the 3rd quarter, I was thinking to myself, "Maybe NOW is the time where UNI steps on Richmond's neck and just puts this game away!"

But nope -- the Panthers haven't earned the nickname "Cardiac Cats" for nothing!

You guys have a great RB in Vaughn - he may not have put up huge rushing numbers but he kept our D honest. Also, huge, HUGE props to Ward! That kid kept his cool and directed his team to the W when it counted! His final drive reminded me of Sanders' final drive against UNH last season.

Man, who woulda thought that the team that lost the TO battle would end up winning the game?! Yeah, there were a few offensive plays that could have been executed better by UNI, but everyone gets that every game. In the end, what lost this game for UNI was bad end-of-game coaching. Both teams had the players to win -- but when the game is on the line and you know the other team is hungry, you have to trust your team to win the game and not settle for the high-percentage, low-risk but low-return plays! I really would have liked to see a pass on 2nd down on that last offensive series by UNI.

Oh well, I guess I have all season to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game.

Congratulations and good luck next week!

paward
December 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Thank you Big Al. You guys played hard just did not get the breaks in the end. Strange how that last drive developed. We are normally on the receiving end of those type of finishes. Good Luck next year!