PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! Tally should apologize to Matthews.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Looks like Hauck and the team really used the Tally quote as motivation and the Hauck quote indicates he was pretty mad.

“It definitely contributed,” said Griz receiver Mike Ferriter, who caught a touchdown pass in UM's landmark win. “The Villanova coach was quoted as saying we were going to be ‘a slam dunk.' But we knew they (the Dukes) were going to have their hands full. We didn't expect anything different than to come here and win.”

“In regard to that, it would've been a lot easier to have Villanova at our place,” Hauck began. “JMU came back and won that last game (31-27 over the Wildcats in the quarterfinals). But we would've beat Villanova by 50.”

http://missoulian.com/articles/2008/12/14/sports/sports01.txt

SideLine Shooter
December 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Looks like Hauck and the team really used the Tally quote as motivation and the Hauck quote indicates he was pretty mad.

I love it..xthumbsupx xnodx

whitey
December 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Absolute no-brainer for Hauck to use that as bulletin board material before the game. I don't have a problem with anything he said after the game either. He knows they wouldn't beat Nova by 50 but he earned the right to say they would.

Tod
December 14th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Excellent! xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
You're welcome.

Kabooom
December 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
You're welcome.

Grizzlies 35

JMU27

Assists-UM (2)

1.Pre-game Bulletin board material supplier....Lehigh Football Nation...xthumbsupx
2.Mickey Matthewsxlolx

Hoyadestroya85
December 14th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm sure coach T wasn't assuming that Rodney would be out for 2 and a half Quarters.. and it's Talley

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I'm sure coach T wasn't assuming that Rodney would be out for 2 and a half Quarters.. and it's Talley

How long is this going to continue....xoopsx

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM

I wonder if he noticed that Landers left when the Griz had a 14-10 lead.....Or if he noticed that ball was stripped from Landers right before halftime.

Perhaps he also assumed that Landers would be on the JMU defense - which folded like cheap suits Big Fluffy style.
:D

Hoyadestroya85
December 14th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I wonder if he noticed that Landers left when the Griz had a 14-10 lead.....Or if he noticed that ball was stripped from Landers right before halftime.

Perhaps he also assumed that Landers would be on the JMU defense - which folded like cheap suits Big Fluffy style.
:D
yes but he wouldn't have thrown that interception that dudzik threw before halftime.. it's a completely different game if JMU gets points on that drive

Silenoz
December 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone else notice the backup QB torching us? Yeah, its not like the JMU offense went south without Landers

Lets move on!

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 01:53 PM
yes but he wouldn't have thrown that interception that dudzik threw before halftime.. it's a completely different game if JMU gets points on that drive

He wouldn't have thrown it probably because he wasn't throwing the ball. Dudzik has a better arm IMO, and when JMU tried to get cute on screen passes the Griz D blew them up.

I don't know that it's a different game with points on that drive. UM came out and marched down the field after half-time, absolutely toying with their boys up front. I don't know how this keeps getting so overlooked. You could also say it's a completely different game if UM doesn't lose that snap on the punt for the safety.....A near blowout perhaps.

whitey
December 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
There's a lot of what-if's. Fact is that Montana flew 2000+ miles came to Bridgeforth ready to play, got 4 turn overs and also did what they had to do on offense. We got beat. Nothing more to say about that really.

Talley was just being a CAA homer. Nothing wrong with that. Now Hauck is talking some trash back. Nothing wrong with that either.

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM
There's a lot of what-if's. Fact is that Montana flew 2000+ miles came to Bridgeforth ready to play, got 4 turn overs and also did what they had to do on offense. We got beat. Nothing more to say about that really.

Talley was just being a CAA homer. Nothing wrong with that. Now Hauck is talking some trash back. Nothing wrong with that either.

Please don't try to be rational. ;)

FWIW Dudzik to me showed more poise.

whitey
December 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM
FWIW Dudzik to me showed more poise.

Dudzik looked good and it makes me feel a hell of a lot better about next season. Especially knowing we have another highly touted QB, Justin Thorpe, ready to provide Dudzik with a little competition.

Comparing Dudzik to Landers isn't fair though. Landers was (arguably) the best player in FCS this year. He was the real deal and I don't necessarily think you should look at and draw conclusions from what he did in 1.5 quarters on Friday night to what Dudzik did in relief. It's just too small of a sample size.

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Dudzik looked good and it makes me feel a hell of a lot better about next season. Especially knowing we have another highly touted QB, Justin Thorpe, ready to provide Dudzik with a little competition.

Comparing Dudzik to Landers isn't fair though. Landers was (arguably) the best player in FCS this year. He was the real deal and I don't necessarily think you should look at and draw conclusions from what he did in 1.5 quarters on Friday night to what Dudzik did in relief.

Yes, but considering how much the JMU offense relies on Landers - Dudzik more than compensated. I was ready to call JMU a one man show, but Dudzik was an absolute field general.

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Hauck wasn't trash talking, more just poking fun at his comments. I don't think anyone really believes Griz would beat Villanova by 50. Just a nice, friendly, no-harm way of getting Talley to shut his trap.xrotatehx

Kabooom
December 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Comparing Dudzik to Landers isn't fair though. Landers was (arguably) the best player in FCS this year. He was the real deal and I don't necessarily think you should look at and draw conclusions from what he did in 1.5 quarters on Friday night to what Dudzik did in relief. It's just too small of a sample size.

Landers very well may be the best Back in the FCS, what a stud!! But he's certainly NOT the best Quarterback...Does that make sense?xeyebrowx

LEHIGH61
December 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM
JMU would have won with Landers, Period. Montana gets in the playoffs every year by winning a conference in a region with hardly any conferences! That way they are given more opportunities than others to advance And Friday night they were in a game where Landers goes down. That is a monumental piece of luck for them. I have always questioned how good a league the Big Sky really is. I don't think they even belong in the finals, That's not saying they can't win the game, but I hope Richmond prevails

UMStudent
December 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
JMU would have won with Landers, Period. Montana gets in the playoffs every year by winning a conference in a region with hardly any conferences! That way they are given more opportunities than others to advance And Friday night they were in a game where Landers goes down. That is a monumental piece of luck for them. I have always questioned how good a league the Big Sky really is. I don't think they even belong in the finals, That's not saying they can't win the game, but I hope Richmond prevails

To tell you the truth if it was JMU vs Weber my money would've been on Weber. Landers or no Landers I think Weber would've of won hands down.
To some in the Big Sky (mostly Weber fans) JMU lost to the secound best team from the Big Sky.

Native
December 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Absolute no-brainer for Hauck to use that as bulletin board material before the game. I don't have a problem with anything he said after the game either. He knows they wouldn't beat Nova by 50 but he earned the right to say they would.

xnodx

Native
December 14th, 2008, 05:05 PM
To tell you the truth if it was JMU vs Weber my money would've been on Weber. Landers or no Landers I think Weber would've of won hands down.
To some in the Big Sky (mostly Weber fans) JMU lost to the second best team from the Big Sky.

How right you are! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

No, really, the Griz won our last game and now UM is the best in the Big Sky! We have to wait 'til next year to claim the top spot. xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM

Hmmm....They have been to the NC more than anyone in the last 12 years. And they have to play other conferences on the way. And like I said earlier, Landers isn't on defense - and that was the easiest time we've had moving the ball prolly all season on the road. That defense would NOT survive in the Big Sky. That post just makes you look as intelligent as the Lafayette boys claim you are.

griz8791
December 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Go figure. If we lose this game, it is because we are an overrated program in a lousy conference. But we won the game, so now it is we are an overrated program in a lousy conference that got lucky. I hoped if we somehow flew across the country and took out the top seed at their place, people like you would finally swallow hard and fork over a little grudging respect for our program and our conference. Apparently that is asking too much.

UMStudent
December 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hmmm....They have been to the NC more than anyone in the last 12 years. And they have to play other conferences on the way. And like I said earlier, Landers isn't on defense - and that was the easiest time we've had moving the ball prolly all season on the road. That defense would NOT survive in the Big Sky. That post just makes you look as intelligent as the Lafayette boys claim you are.

xbowx xbowx xbowx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
It's interesting how CAA folks usually say that weak conference schedule -> lots of wins -> high playoff seed -> home playoff games-> lots of playoff wins. But when a CAA team gets an opportunity to play all of their games at home they typically don't make it all the way. It's just not as easy as GSU, ASU, and Montana have made it look in the last 14 years or so. xthumbsupx

placidlakegriz
December 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM

I'm just thankful we don't play in the same high powered conference as you, we might never win another game.

How do you explain away our playing in our 6th Championship game since 1995???

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM

http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

MacThor
December 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM
It's interesting how CAA folks usually say that weak conference schedule -> lots of wins -> high playoff seed -> home playoff games-> lots of playoff wins. But when a CAA team gets an opportunity to play all of their games at home they typically don't make it all the way. It's just not as easy as GSU, ASU, and Montana have made it look in the last 14 years or so. xthumbsupx

When did Lehigh join the CAA?

wideright82
December 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
When did Lehigh join the CAA?

I think they did last year?

4 turnovers.
Won by 8 points.
On last drive of the game for JMU.
In Griz territory.
JMU could have scored and tied it. (the didn't i know)
Dudzik (sp?) at QB
Landers (need i remind everyone of the last second runs he made down the field SINGLE HANDEDLY, knowing that alone changes defenses)
4 turnovers

oh and they had 4 turnovers. The game was won by the Griz, but lets not fool ourselves. A +4 turnover margin in a game should not lead way to an only 8 point win. Regardless of who it is. We all knew turnovers would make the difference in the game. Without them, a team that NEVER punted, would have absolutely massacred the other team (see Nova vs. W&M 2007, a lot of similar turnovers). The game was won by sheer determination, and that can never be taken away from the Griz. They wanted it more, they deserved it, and they played for it. Enough said. Congrats Griz, keep playing with guts and heart, they almost always win. Take a look at western PA football, they have produced some greats, and they all have guts. Talley has and always will open his mouth, it is good attention. Same with MM. I am rooting for Richmond because of the CAA, but a team that wants it as much as Montana is tough not to root for. Good luck to both teams. xpeacexxthumbsupx

I find it funny how Coach T always had something on the board for our opponents when we were being doubted. Then he goes and does something like this. Tisk Tisk.

Tod
December 14th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Well, so far the Big Sky has not lost, in these playoffs, to any other conference. Only a Big Sky team has beaten another Big Sky team, so until some team from some other conference can do it, maybe the Big Sky deserves just a little respect. Hm?

wideright82
December 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Well, so far the Big Sky has not lost, in these playoffs, to any other conference. Only a Big Sky team has beaten another Big Sky team, so until some team from some other conference can do it, maybe the Big Sky deserves just a little respect. Hm?

Agreed. xthumbsupx

TribeNomad
December 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I pulled for JMU, and I thought their speed would be the difference. The Griz played hard nosed, solid football and pushed the speedier JMU "D' around. Montana came to play!!!

Tod
December 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I think they did last year?

4 turnovers.
Won by 8 points.
On last drive of the game for JMU.
In Griz territory.
JMU could have scored and tied it. (the didn't i know)
Dudzik (sp?) at QB
Landers (need i remind everyone of the last second runs he made down the field SINGLE HANDEDLY, knowing that alone changes defenses)
4 turnovers

oh and they had 4 turnovers. The game was won by the Griz, but lets not fool ourselves. A +4 turnover margin in a game should not lead way to an only 8 point win. Regardless of who it is. We all knew turnovers would make the difference in the game. Without them, a team that NEVER punted, would have absolutely massacred the other team (see Nova vs. W&M 2007, a lot of similar turnovers). The game was won by sheer determination, and that can never be taken away from the Griz. They wanted it more, they deserved it, and they played for it. Enough said. Congrats Griz, keep playing with guts and heart, they almost always win. Take a look at western PA football, they have produced some greats, and they all have guts. Talley has and always will open his mouth, it is good attention. Same with MM. I am rooting for Richmond because of the CAA, but a team that wants it as much as Montana is tough not to root for. Good luck to both teams. xpeacexxthumbsupx

I find it funny how Coach T always had something on the board for our opponents when we were being doubted. Then he goes and does something like this. Tisk Tisk.

Maybe if JMU hadn't turned the ball over so many times, they would have been forced to punt. xwhistlex

wideright82
December 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Maybe if JMU hadn't turned the ball over so many times, they would have been forced to punt. xwhistlex

And maybe they would have done nothing but score touchdowns and kick field goals. You also can only account for 2 possible punts. There were two turnovers well into Griz territory. Again, what-ifs. take away from the post what was mean to be taken away. GUTS and HEART are football. Griz team and Griz nation had that, they deserved to beat JMU by even more with 4 turnovers. Matthews though he would coast and he got smacked in the face by some hard nosed football, Griz style.

Tod
December 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
And maybe they would have done nothing but score touchdowns and kick field goals. You also can only account for 2 possible punts. There were two turnovers well into Griz territory. Again, what-ifs. take away from the post what was mean to be taken away. GUTS and HEART are football. Griz team and Griz nation had that, they deserved to beat JMU by even more with 4 turnovers. Matthews though he would coast and he got smacked in the face by some hard nosed football, Griz style.

What I took from the post was basically "The Griz should not have won, if, if, if...".

Just fighting fire with fire.

Look, if there had been NO turnovers, JMU probably wins that game, but even then, we have no way of knowing. Montana moved the ball pretty well.

wideright82
December 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
What I took from the post was basically "The Griz should not have won, if, if, if...".

Just fighting fire with fire.

Look, if there had been NO turnovers, JMU probably wins that game, but even then, we have no way of knowing. Montana moved the ball pretty well.

Oh well you misunderstood. :p That would be like saying if the Griz didn't get into the end zone they wouldn't have scored as much. No ****. The turnovers were crucial to the Griz victory, as they would have been to anyone. You have to hold on to the ball, and as good as they were, JMU got taught that the hard way. Now they have to sit in crapsville with footballs taped to their hands. Not a good way to go out.

CatMom07
December 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I cannot get over the absolute arrogance of many of the JMU and CAA fans about this game.

Saying UM isn't qualified because there aren't as many FCS schools in the west as the east well gee......

There aren't as many FBS schools in the west as the east either, so maybe USC isn't qualified for the BCS title? After all look who they play every year.

(I am not making an analogy of UM's schedule or conference here either, so don't go there)

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I cannot get over the absolute arrogance of many of the JMU and CAA fans about this game.

Saying UM isn't qualified because there aren't as many FCS schools in the west as the east well gee......

There aren't as many FBS schools in the west as the east either, so maybe USC isn't qualified for the BCS title? After all look who they play every year.

(I am not making an analogy of UM's schedule or conference here either, so don't go there)

There are only a couple of the east coasters saying that CatMom so it's best to just look at them and laugh. I couldn't care less what their view of things is and I, like you and many others probably don't have the time to toil away on inferior minds so it's best to just let them talk to themselves like the ol' crazy lady on the street.

GolfingGriz
December 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
UM flat out won this game. We made mistakes too, but when it came down to it we were better. We made the stop on 4th and 1, we forced all of those turnovers, we dominated 3rd down, and we are the ones playing in Tennessee next week. Nothing else matters, the better team won. On the road no less.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Montana Coach Bobby Hauck says the only stat that really counts is the Score.xthumbsupx

whitey
December 14th, 2008, 08:22 PM
CatMom,

Don't use the word "many" because from what I've seen it's only a "few". And that's always going to happen, especially on an anonymous internet message board.

This JMU fan says that the Griz won the game, they were the better team and the Big Sky certainly doesn't suck. I'd be saying the same thing if the outcome on Friday night had been different too. There are four conference in the FCS right now that are the cream of the crop. And I'm not slighting the other conferences here when I say that because they are also capable of producing top notch teams as well. It's just that the Big Sky/CAA/MVC/SoCon consistently produce top programs year in and year out.

The best teams from these four conferences are always going to be good and relativity equal. And that's why we play the games.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
CatMom,

Don't use the word "many" because from what I've seen it's only a "few". And that's always going to happen, especially on an anonymous internet message board.

This JMU fan says that the Griz won the game, they were the better team and the Big Sky certainly doesn't suck. I'd be saying the same thing if the outcome on Friday night had been different too. There are four conference in the FCS right now that are the cream of the crop. And I'm not slighting the other conferences here when I say that because they are also capable of producing top notch teams as well. It's just that the Big Sky/CAA/MVC/SoCon consistently produce top programs year in and year out.

The best teams from these four conferences are always going to be good and relativity equal. And that's why we play the games.

And the worst offender was a Lehigh person yet the CAA gets blamed. xnonox xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
And the worst offender was a Lehigh person yet the CAA gets blamed. xnonox xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

That's only because you're the tough friend standing next to a little fella with a big mouth. You, Whitey, and some of the others were the good guys I was referring to when I said not to lump you all together.

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
FWIW - The JMU fans have been fair, accurate, and rational. And very classy. It was a tough loss for them and for those guys to come on here and be as cordial as they are, it shows alot.

Go Dukes

DCdukes
December 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I for one am looking forward to the tiebreaker... Just gotta make sure its in the NC again so its not 5 degrees outside... 2 good teams with good fans is what the FCS is all about...

CatMom07
December 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Apologies all around guys:)

Must have got the helmets confused xeekx

Let's have a xbeerchugx

Maybe it was the smack on the eGriz board?xchinscratchx That or I've been reading way too many forums lately.xcoffeex

smcwildcat
December 14th, 2008, 09:18 PM
if landers was in no question game could of gone either way...but respect to montana ......I want UR but ive got a feeling montana has this one

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM
UM flat out won this game. We made mistakes too, but when it came down to it we were better. We made the stop on 4th and 1, we forced all of those turnovers, we dominated 3rd down, and we are the ones playing in Tennessee next week. Nothing else matters, the better team won. On the road no less.

THANK YOU. It's as simple as this.

And I'm sick of hearing about if Landers was in. Dudzik had less carries for more yards, threw the ball much better, and I call BS on this "Landers would have scored on the 4th and 1" crap. Last I checked, Landers sniffed the goal line twice when he was in and got stuffed twice in a row. Didn't get in till Holloman got the ball.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
THANK YOU. It's as simple as this.

And I'm sick of hearing about if Landers was in. Dudzik had less carries for more yards, threw the ball much better, and I call BS on this "Landers would have scored on the 4th and 1" crap. Last I checked, Landers sniffed the goal line twice when he was in and got stuffed twice in a row. Didn't get in till Holloman got the ball.Well you have to hear it. Landers is a Payton finalist and he is somehow magic, charmed like JMU has been this past year. Been doing it all year. But the better team on the field won. Injuries are part of the game. But to even think that Dudzik > Landers is silly. xtwocentsx

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Well you have to hear it. Landers is a Payton finalist and he is somehow magic, charmed like JMU has been this past year. Been doing it all year. But the better team on the field won. Injuries are part of the game. But to even think that Dudzik > Landers is silly. xtwocentsx

I'm not saying Dudzik is better than Landers I'm just saying in this particular game, Landers got upstaged. Dudzik delivered, and did what Landers didn't do in the first half, that being putting it in the endzone. And it's possible that Landers was never at 100% with his ankle already being sore, some are saying.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well you have to hear it. Landers is a Payton finalist and he is somehow magic, charmed like JMU has been this past year. Been doing it all year. But the better team on the field won. Injuries are part of the game. But to even think that Dudzik > Landers is silly.

That's so true.

In 2000 Montana lost our starting QB. Lost in the NC.
In 2002 we had 7-8 starters out and our QB had a bad shoulder and we lost in the quarters.
In 2003 Ochs was knocked out before half with a shoulder separation and a JC QB finished the game. 1st round loss.
In 2005 a Freshman QB was thrown to the wolves because of injury and we lost in the 1st round to Cal Poly.
In 2007 our top receiver broke his arm and Lex was playing with a torn ligament in a finger. Had a soft cast under his glove.

You have to play anyway and try to win but it doesn't always work out. It's happened plenty to Montana. We are actually very dinged up right now.

UMStudent
December 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I love all the if,if,if,if, if,if,if ... well IF Dan Carpenter would've made that last FG against Wofford we would've prob. been here last year but he didn't, oh well look at us now. So what its really all about is battling through those IFs those are the champs. Sorry Dukes, great season, great players but it happens, and we ALL know that getting bucked from the playoffs will happen again to all of us in the future its the playoffs.

Green26
December 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Landers had been out only 5 plays when UM was up 28-10 in the 3rd Q.

JMU scored 10 points with Landers, and 17 with the back-up QB.

The back-up QB hurt UM worse than Landers.

UM would have beaten JMU worse had the back-up QB not come in, in my view.

The two bad calls by the review official were the only things that kept JMU within semi-striking distance in the 4th Q.

UM was in relative control of the game for the entire game, in my view.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
And I'll add this. Even though we have had terrible luck with injuries in this decade. We still gave the other teams props and I can't remember anyone especially Bobby Hauck saying the best team didn't win.

And we have been takin' an awful beating from posters here saying we lose in the first round every year.

2000 NC Runnerup
2001 NC
2002 Quarters
2003 1st
2004 NC Runnerup
2005 1st
2006 Semis
2007 1st
2008 In NC

ezgriz51
December 14th, 2008, 10:43 PM

Wow...I can't NOT respond to this. Luck? If Montana, Weber and Cal Poly had not been stuck in the same bracket, two of the three would be playing Friday night. Period. They all have a balanced offense and can play a little D. JMU is probably a more prolific offense than Montana, but the Griz take defense and special teams. Again, period. Ok - now I gotta go breathe.

MacThor
December 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
14 games in the tourney so far.

CAA has won 7.
Big Sky 4.
MVC 2.
SoCon 1.

That's it. There should be no disrespecting the Big Sky this year. Especially from Patriot Leaguers.

DaGriz
December 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
That's so true.

In 2000 Montana lost our starting QB. Lost in the NC.
In 2002 we had 7-8 starters out and our QB had a bad shoulder and we lost in the quarters.
In 2003 Ochs was knocked out before half with a shoulder separation and a JC QB finished the game. 1st round loss.
In 2005 a Freshman QB was thrown to the wolves because of injury and we lost in the 1st round to Cal Poly.
In 2007 our top receiver broke his arm and Lex was playing with a torn ligament in a finger. Had a soft cast under his glove.

You have to play anyway and try to win but it doesn't always work out. It's happened plenty to Montana. We are actually very dinged up right now.

Isn't '05 the year Lex tore his achilles as well?

The 2000 year was the killer for me. We lost our starting QB and lost by 2 points in the chipper. If we're going to count wins when you lose your starting QB's in this league, hand us over our deserving 2000 national championship then! Otherwise woulda, coulda, shoulda. We had to get over it. Welcome to the club.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I wish ALL the coaches would leave smack to the fans.

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM

The 2000 year was the killer for me. We lost our starting QB and lost by 2 points in the chipper. If we're going to count wins when you lose your starting QB's in this league, hand us over our deserving 2000 national championship then! Otherwise woulda, coulda, shoulda. We had to get over it. Welcome to the club.

No Lex tore his achilles in practice right before the start of the 2006 season.

DaGriz
December 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Back to the original point of this post, I thought what Talley said was great. Talley is the first person to get Hauck to open up and throw some dirt. In 6 years that Hauck has been at Montana he never says anything good to read in the papers. Every week it's the same mundane B.S. I wish Talley was in our league. That was hilarious and so was finding out Hauck has a fun side too.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 11:43 PM

No that was 2006 when we lost Lex for the season. Lost in the Semi's.

putter
December 14th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Tally got the Griz fired up by crapping on the team and conference.
Turnovers are part of the game...they were caused by the Griz D and special teams hitting people. All I heard was you can't stop Landers...you better not kick to McGee, he will burn you. guess what, Landers fumbled when he got hit - guess he's not superman afterall...McGee was kicked to and he fumbled when he was hit. Your studs did not get it done but that is why they play the game. They are great players and JMU was a good team, just not Friday night. Your defense could not stop the Griz...and the not punting part....JMU had 4 chances to score and was stuffed! but I guess you can't punt inside you opponents five yard line.

Enough with the excuses. I don't remember the Griz fans being so wishy-washy after UMass beat us in Missoula. Great game by two good teams and UMass played better for 60 minutes which is all they had to do.

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Tally got the Griz fired up by crapping on the team and conference.
Turnovers are part of the game...they were caused by the Griz D and special teams hitting people. All I heard was you can't stop Landers...you better not kick to McGee, he will burn you. guess what, Landers fumbled when he got hit - guess he's not superman afterall...McGee was kicked to and he fumbled when he was hit. Your studs did not get it done but that is why they play the game. They are great players and JMU was a good team, just not Friday night. Your defense could not stop the Griz...and the not punting part....JMU had 4 chances to score and was stuffed! but I guess you can't punt inside you opponents five yard line.

Enough with the excuses. I don't remember the Griz fans being so wishy-washy after UMass beat us in Missoula. Great game by two good teams and UMass played better for 60 minutes which is all they had to do.

Yeah the post-UMass game talk can be summed up as the Griz fans admitting they were outcoached.

DaGriz
December 14th, 2008, 11:58 PM
All I heard was you can't stop Landers...you better not kick to McGee,

Actually I heard a lot of "can't handle the speed of the CAA" either. The thing I thought was so funny was supposedly our OL was big and slow and their d-line would kill us. Yet their OL was bigger then ours. So they were going to run all over us. How does that work? Ours is big and slow, theirs is bigger and fast?

FCS Go!
December 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM
C'mon guys lighten up. We've endured two years of JMU fans bitching about how they were one fumble away from the NC or were screwed by the committee or whatever. We can take another year of it. Maybe they'll win it next year and shut up.

Green26
December 15th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Hauck said on his Sunday night show that the back-up qb played better than Landers. I agree.

Landers was 17-84 for 4.9 per carry. Dudzik was 12-88 for 7.3 per carry.

Landers was 1-4 passing for 15 yards. Dudzik was 6-13-1 for 70 yards.

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hauck said on his Sunday night show that the back-up qb played better than Landers. I agree.

Landers was 1-4 passing for 15 yards. Dudzik was 6-13-1 for 70 yards.I think it was more a matter of our boys not being prepared for Dudzik, and he surprised us. They knew what Landers would do. All game. They prepared and coached for Landers, and I even thought the game was in hand as soon as Dudzik came in.

I think we let them back in the game by underestimating Dudzik a little because I don't think Dudzik is a better QB than Landers. Not yet, at least. xtwocentsx

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 03:29 AM

Landers was 1-4 passing for 15 yards. Dudzik was 6-13-1 for 70 yards.

Yes his numbers were better.. but Landers as a runner gets better as the game goes on because he punishes defenders..

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Landers was 17-84 for 4.9 per carry. Dudzik was 12-88 for 7.3 per carry.Wowo, Landers carried the ball 84 times against the Griz? Dudzig then did it 88 times? (there is a difference between real and mopup time) xlolx BH, I love ya but you gotta cut the smack. Landers is a Payton Award Finalist for a reason, crunch time results. So he was not there now in crunch time and the Griz won by a score. Why the smack? Since 2004 (with the FBS being BH's desire talk) I am beginning to wonder what is up in BH's head and mouth.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 06:31 AM

Best post ever?:D

But in all seriousness there is only like 1 JMU poster saying anything on here and it has only been the above. Why the bad rap on JMU fans for whining? I'm not seeing it here?xnonono2x

placidlakegriz
December 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Wowo, Landers carried the ball 84 times against the Griz? Dudzig then did it 88 times? (there is a difference between real and mopup time) xlolx BH, I love ya but you gotta cut the smack. Landers is a Payton Award Finalist for a reason, crunch time results. So he was not there now in crunch time and the Griz won by a score. Why the smack? Since 2004 (with the FBS being BH's desire talk) I am beginning to wonder what is up in BH's head and mouth.

Wheres the smack??? He thought the backup played better than Landers.

You're the one talking smack.

gbhmt
December 15th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Wheres the smack??? He thought the backup played better than Landers.

You're the one talking smack.

Seems that SE just searches for ways to b!tch about the Griz.

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Is it just me, or does Montana have the most Paranoid group of fans in America? Does everyone really have a vendetta against you guys?
or am i just basing something off a small sample size

Ronbo
December 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Is it just me, or does Montana have the most Paranoid group of fans in America? Does everyone really have a vendetta against you guys?
or am i just basing something off a small sample size

We've been getting pounded here for years about every little thing from the Conference we play in to the OOC teams we play. We lose in the 1st round 3 of 9 times since 2000 and it's said here that we lose in the 1st round every year. Then teams over look us in the playoffs and coaches disrespect us in the press. What do you expect? AGS has lost 80% of the Griz posters that used to come here.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
We've been getting pounded here for years about every little thing from the Conference we play in to the OOC teams we play. We lose in the 1st round 3 of 9 times since 2000 and it's said here that we lose in the 1st round every year. Then teams over look us in the playoffs and coaches disrespect us in the press. What do you expect? AGS has lost 80% of the Griz posters that used to come here.

And thats a bad thing? xsmiley_wix

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM
wow xeekx 80%! you guys used to be represented.. if Villanova lost 80% of it's supporters there would be like one or two of us

Ronbo
December 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Over at eGriz there is 6000 registered users, a few hundred of them used to come here. Now there is maybe 25 Griz that post here.

whitey
December 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah...I forget to say this yesterday but shouldn't Talley be apologizing to Montana? Not Mickey?

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I think you should take Coach T's comments with a grain of salt.. everyone (besides the committee apparently) knows that we were screwed out of a seed or at least a more favorable second round matchup. He was pissed and he expressed it. I've learned that a lot of stuff like this is just CAA promotion by Andy Talley. Take a lot of it with a grain of salt. But he is a great promoter of the conference.

Ronbo
December 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I'll point out that you guys have driven most of the GSU and YSU fans off the board too. App. State is next.

griz8791
December 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I think the important thing is when Landers went down, JMU had a kick-ass backup to call on. That was impressive.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I think the important thing is when Landers went down, JMU had a kick-ass backup to call on. That was impressive.

You'd really love our 3rd string then xlolx. In all seriousness thanks for the compliment though. Hopefully we can be competitive next year since a lot of the opponents are returning so many guys.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Let's get one thing straight. Talley didn't lose the game for JMU - nor did Dudzik. On the last drive, Dudzik threw two great passes on 3rd and 4th down - and the receiver BOTH TIMES couldn't come down with the ball.

Somehow, the receiver has to come down with that. Landers wouldn't have delivered the ball any better, or worse, to them. The receiver has to come up with one of those balls.

To put this in even better perspective, Richmond faced a 4th-and-2 when Ward lofted a ball to the fullback on the game-winning drive - and he found a way to catch that ball and keep the drive alive. And Richmond won.

I could easily see an alternate reality where the Richmond FB drops the ball, and UNI is playing in Chattanooga. Similarly, I could see a reality where the JMU receiver catches the ball and Dudzik rallies the Dukes to win at home. All four of these teams were THAT CLOSE and THAT EVENLY MATCHED. I can't recall a semifinal EVER where this was the case except for this year.

And Landers being out was not an issue. JMU was good enough to win this game without Landers.

texcap
December 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Seems that SE just searches for ways to b!tch about the Griz.

That's only because his favorite target, Appalachian State, is already out. xsmiley_wix

mlbowl
December 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
It's no secret...we give up some big plays, but, as long as we keep scoring more than the other team, I like our chancesxthumbsupx xnodx

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I have a weird feeling that this Championship game could be a snoozer..

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I have a weird feeling that this Championship game could be a snoozer..

I don't think so. Not the way these teams are playing and match up. You are gonna have to play all 60 minutes to win it IMHO. I don't think anyone is gonna run away with it. xtwocentsx

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I don't think so. Not the way these teams are playing and match up. You are gonna have to play all 60 minutes to win it IMHO. I don't think anyone is gonna run away with it. xtwocentsx

I think it's gonna be low scoring.. the type of game where points are at a premium. It would be interesting to see what will happen if either team stuffs the run though.
I'm Putting my money on Eric Ward with some heroics. He's been spectacular since the Villanova game

Uncle Buck
December 15th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Someone just mentioned about how evenly matched the teams we in the semi's and i have to agree. Smack talk aside and conference dominance aside, this has been a great playoff year.

Any of the last four teams could have been in the NC and their was no clear cut dominant team IMO. JMU very well could have gotten back in this thing but Montana came up big on D.

This week i think UR will haver their hands full. I think Montana has a few more weapons than the Spiders and it will be a tall order to beat the Griz. However, one thing you can say about Richmoond, you have to pay them for 60 minutes.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Someone just mentioned about how evenly matched the teams we in the semi's and i have to agree. Smack talk aside and conference dominance aside, this has been a great playoff year.

Any of the last four teams could have been in the NC and their was no clear cut dominant team IMO. JMU very well could have gotten back in this thing but Montana came up big on D.

This week i think UR will haver their hands full. I think Montana has a few more weapons than the Spiders and it will be a tall order to beat the Griz. However, one thing you can say about Richmoond, you have to pay them for 60 minutes.

Just the refs :D xsmiley_wix I kid, I kid!

Uncle Buck
December 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Just the refs :D xsmiley_wix I kid, I kid!

I just have to laugh and can't even think of a response.