PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Nooga?

T-Dog
December 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I got a ticket and more than likely, I'll be going. I've heard about Griz tailgating and I think I want to partake in it.

Oh, and if anyone has any room for a poor bum to sleep on their hotel floor, let me know, :p

catamount man
December 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I may be going. I will know for sure, hopefully, by Wednesday. I don't have a ticket, but that's what scalpers are for and if I can find enough people who will let a Catamount tailgate with them, I'll just watch it in the parking lot or T-Bonz. Again, I should have a definite answer by mid-week.

Good luck to the Griz and Spiders!!! xthumbsupx

ur2k
December 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
We've got about 7 or so riding down on Thurs night from Richmond. Look for an RV in the lot - we'll probably have enough beer for most of the city if you wear red and are a Spider fan for the day.

Live4Griz
December 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I'll be there!!

GO GRIZ!

MacThor
December 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM
We've got about 7 or so riding down on Thurs night from Richmond. Look for an RV in the lot - we'll probably have enough beer for most of the city if you wear red and are a Spider fan for the day.

I'll find you!!!! :) xthumbsupx

DX Man
December 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Message to T-Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
App St all time records vs SoCon teams

Chattanooga - 22-10 : Elon - 27-9-1 : Furman 15-21-3 : Georgia Southern 12-11-1 : Samford 2-1 : The Citadel - 26-11 : Western Carolina - 54-18-1 : Wofford - 15-10

Other all time records of note
East Tennessee St 32-14-1 : Marshall 14-8 : VMI 19-4-2 : East Carolina 19-10 : The CAA 20-10 : Michigan 1-0

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Weren't ETSU, Marshall, VMI and East Carolina all members of the SoCon when we beat them?

ValleyChamp
December 13th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Not me.

T-Dog
December 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Message to T-Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
App St all time records vs SoCon teams

Chattanooga - 22-10 : Elon - 27-9-1 : Furman 15-21-3 : Georgia Southern 12-11-1 : Samford 2-1 : The Citadel - 26-11 : Western Carolina - 54-18-1 : Wofford - 15-10

Other all time records of note
East Tennessee St 32-14-1 : Marshall 14-8 : VMI 19-4-2 : East Carolina 19-10 : The CAA 20-10 : Michigan 1-0

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Weren't ETSU, Marshall, VMI and East Carolina all members of the SoCon when we beat them?

Yeah.....I'll revise it.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Yup gonna be there and I'm glad you started a thread for this as I was gonna do it so I could make sure some of us Griz fans could meet up with those that will be there. I hear a rumor that Bench, Mountain Man, and Appaholic will be there as well so we'll have to get some information to each other and meet up. We'll have to take some of you guys to the Griz pep rally on Thursday night and then get the tailgate rolling Friday. Catamount Man would love to meet up with you and have you share some beers with us and come in as an honorary Grizzly for this one.

Eight Legger
December 13th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hey now, all App fans are required by law to root for US in this game. We better not see any of them carrying on with you guys...

nwFL Griz
December 13th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'll be there!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hey now, all App fans are required by law to root for US in this game. We better not see any of them carrying on with you guys...

For some reason in the App fans that I've dealt with the law doesn't seem to be a huge guiding force in their lives so you my be disappointed with that one.

achrist70
December 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I was until 14 seconds to go.xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhxxsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Grizo406
December 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM
For those that haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Grizo...here's your chance!

His bad a$$ will be there, and he looks forward to meeting a lot of other AGS'ers!!

Cleets
December 14th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Aargh...!!!!! xoopsx
I can not believe I will not be able to go
It would be a nice opportunity to see all my old friends again (crap)

Good Luck - Safe Travels - Represent Strength xbowx

appmountaineer
December 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'll be there! Look forward to the tailgate.

KNUTS
December 14th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I'm in. I'll be the drunk guy in the maroon shirtxchinscratchx xbeerchugx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2008, 01:13 AM

Oh yeah, I remember seeing you in 2004.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 14th, 2008, 01:17 AM

I'm afraid you are gonna have to be more specific :D

I am still working on it, not sure yet if I can make it.

KNUTS
December 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Oh yeah, I remember seeing you in 2004.

No I was the passed out in the corner of the bar guy wearing a maroon shirt in 2004. Is it Wednesday yet?!

Cleets
December 14th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Of course there are no direct flights from LAX to Chattanooga...
so even if I leave LA at 6:00am I can't get to Nooga till almost 7:00pm

I have to work Thursday: So I can't cheat and leave early - but it's too bad - really too bad that there is absolutely no way you can get to Chattanooga from anywhere west of the Mississippi the same day of the game...

Count one FCS supporter who would love to go... count me out xsmhx

Now you can get to Charlotte / Atlanta / Baltimore / Memphis from almost anywhere on direct flights...
Chattanooga is just not "easy enough" to get to (Period)

Peems
December 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I'll be there with me Pa!

spdram
December 14th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I'll be there, cannot wait for kickoff!

I've read some people were flying into Atl and renting a car to drive up. You may want to check that.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Now you can get to Charlotte / Atlanta / Baltimore / Memphis from almost anywhere on direct flights...
Chattanooga is just not "easy enough" to get to (Period)Saw flights at Orbitz.com for under $600 RT from LAX to ATL. That is always the best bet, under two hours drive to Chatty. xtwocentsx

ngineer
December 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
ONE of these days I'll make there, but not this year. Got a hearing all day. Of course, if Lehigh were able to make it, I'd get a continuance!:D

813Jag
December 14th, 2008, 08:57 AM

I have to work Thursday: So I can't cheat and leave early - but it's too bad - really too bad that there is absolutely no way you can get to Chattanooga from anywhere west of the Mississippi the same day of the game...

As others have said it's not a long drive from ATL to Chatty about 90 minutes from the airport.
I would love to have been able to come through and party with you guys. I'm gonna make plans for next year.

catamount man
December 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yup gonna be there and I'm glad you started a thread for this as I was gonna do it so I could make sure some of us Griz fans could meet up with those that will be there. I hear a rumor that Bench, Mountain Man, and Appaholic will be there as well so we'll have to get some information to each other and meet up. We'll have to take some of you guys to the Griz pep rally on Thursday night and then get the tailgate rolling Friday. Catamount Man would love to meet up with you and have you share some beers with us and come in as an honorary Grizzly for this one.

Cool. Again, I should know something by Wednesday as a definite. If I do get to make it, I would be leaving EARLY Friday morning so as to get me a room in 'nooga for after the game(about a 4 hr ride from upstate SC) and I would love to tailgate with some Griz folks, and Spiders as well. I'll even drink a beer with my red headed step child Appaholic. HA!!!! I will keep you posted.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ncbears
December 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Not me.

Hellgate60
December 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM

I'm going down there too so hopefully we can meet up. Hey Uncle Rico's Clan are you going to be there in Chattanooga?

Cleets
December 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
As others have said it's not a long drive from ATL to Chatty about 90 minutes from the airport.
I would love to have been able to come through and party with you guys. I'm gonna make plans for next year.

I look forward to that... sincerely
I'm still trying to find a way out of LA early enough Friday morning to make this happen

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I'm going down there too so hopefully we can meet up. Hey Uncle Rico's Clan are you going to be there in Chattanooga?

Well since you are my brother and we made the plans together, yes, yes I will be there.

Hellgate60
December 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Well since you are my brother and we made the plans together, yes, yes I will be there.

Alright dope. oh yeah I left my lucky Montana Tech shirt in Missoula and the griz are 14-0 when I wear it this year and 0-1 when I don't so will you remember to get before you guys pick me up

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Alright dope. oh yeah I left my lucky Montana Tech shirt in Missoula and the griz are 14-0 when I wear it this year and 0-1 when I don't so will you remember to get before you guys pick me up

Do you want Mom to pack you a lunch too?

Hellgate60
December 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM

Yes please! I could always go for a good ol' PB and J

Eaglegus2
December 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Cleets......it is just an hour and 1/2 drive from the airport in Atlanta to Chattanooga. Catch that flight and get a rent-a-car. It is all Interstate and if you get in Atlanta when the traffic is thin you can haul a$$.

Just an idea for you.

trouthunter
December 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
just got my ticket, might try to squeeze the Carroll game in there.

KNUTS
December 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Can I get some Hoagieville!??

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
See you in Chattanooga. Go Spiders!!!

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I look forward to that... sincerely
I'm still trying to find a way out of LA early enough Friday morning to make this happenhttp://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=5ac2&r=2d&z=5ac4&r=2f&lastPage=interstitial

$617 RT

Fri, Dec 19 United Airlines 46
Depart: 6:30am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Arrive: 9:51am Denver, CO (DEN)

Delta Air Lines 1904
Depart: 10:55am Denver, CO (DEN)
Arrive: 3:48pm Atlanta, GA (ATL)

Sun, Dec 21 Delta Air Lines 939
Depart: 9:50am Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Arrive: 11:52am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

I'm your helper! xnodx

placidlakegriz
December 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Leave LAX Thursday evening 8:55 PM arrive in Atlanta 6:12 AM Friday morning, Return Sat or Sun any time

placidlakegriz
December 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Leave LAX 6:45 AM Friday on Southwest, arrive Nashville 1:45 PM Drive to Choo Choo town, Estimated Time: 2 hours 8 minutes Estimated Distance: 133.76miles return anytime Sat or Sun

tanagriz
December 14th, 2008, 07:52 PM
My mom, a friend and I will all be there. Three women on a football road trip from Chicago. 9 hours to 'Nooga!!!

So, who from Missoula can I bribe to bring me a Staggering Ox sammie and some moosedrool?? :p

Stubbins
December 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
My mom, a friend and I will all be there. Three women on a football road trip from Chicago. 9 hours to 'Nooga!!!

So, who from Missoula can I bribe to bring me a Staggering Ox sammie and some moosedrool?? :p

buy my plane ticket and you'll have all the moosedrool you can stand...and 3 Ox's for you and your pals

that would be a bribe!!!!

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2008, 08:32 PM
If anyone is wondering I just canceled a reservation at the Hampton Inn downtown Chattanooga. Wish I could go, but since UNI won't be there I can rationalize spending the money. Good Luck to both!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Having just driven from Florida to Nashville via Atlanta on my way to SIU and UNI, here's my two cents.

The Nashville airport is on the east side of the city and Chatty is east of Nashville. Very easy ride on I-24 over to Chatty. The Atlanta airport is on the south side and Chatty is north of Atlanta. You have to either traverse the city and the 14 lane highway (I'm not kidding) or go around the city on the beltway. Atlanta is closer but IMHO more more likely to bog you down with traffic. I drove through on the Friday after Thanksgiving and was very glad that it wasn't a normal work day.

Personally, unless there was a significant savings in the airfare, I'd prefer to fly into Nashville.

Oh yeah, no Chatty trip for me.

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Having just driven from Florida to Nashville via Atlanta on my way to SIU and UNI, here's my two cents.

The Nashville airport is on the east side of the city and Chatty is east of Nashville. Very easy ride on I-24 over to Chatty. The Atlanta airport is on the south side and Chatty is north of Atlanta. You have to either traverse the city and the 14 lane highway (I'm not kidding) or go around the city on the beltway. Atlanta is closer but IMHO more more likely to bog you down with traffic. I drove through on the Friday after Thanksgiving and was very glad that it wasn't a normal work day.

Personally, unless there was a significant savings in the airfare, I'd prefer to fly into Nashville.

Oh yeah, no Chatty trip for me.

I concur, much easier to get in and out of the Nashville airport too (you might spend an hour just getting off the airport common in ATL).

BTW...probably not a surprise, but I will also be in attendance :)

(I will more than likely be working/volunteering in some capacity for the sports committee or the SID)

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I concur, much easier to get in and out of the Nashville airport too (you might spend an hour just getting off the airport common in ATL).
BTW...probably not a surprise, but I will also be in attendance :)
(I will more than likely be working/volunteering in some capacity for the sports committee or the SID)And I will see you there again my friend, but coming from Nashville/Memphis costs much more in gas due to the hills/mountains. More time too going up and down those Smokeys. I have done both a few times and the Atlanta trip is much easier. Both around two hours though (less from ATL than the TN tour guide says). xtwocentsx

catamount man
December 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Nice avatar SE! xthumbsupx

texcap
December 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Saw flights at Orbitz.com for under $600 RT from LAX to ATL. That is always the best bet, under two hours drive to Chatty. xtwocentsx

Anyone who is in a market served by Southwest Airlines might also try flying into Nashville or Birmingham. Both are served by Soouthwest and even if you don't fly Southwest the fares are usually cheaper because all of the airlines have to compete with Southwest. Both Birmingham and Nashville are around a 2 hour all Interstate drive to Chattanooga. I have done it both ways (Atlanta and Nashville) and it is just about the same either way.

tanagriz
December 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
buy my plane ticket and you'll have all the moosedrool you can stand...and 3 Ox's for you and your pals

that would be a bribe!!!!

But! xeekx But!! xeekx We're not even flying!!! Driving down I-57 to Effingham, Illinois. Pick up my mom. Continue down I-57 to I-24. All the way to Chattanooga from there. We'll roll in sometime on Friday early afternoon I'm betting.

Where can we meet up with other Griz fans?

GrizFamily
December 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
But! xeekx But!! xeekx We're not even flying!!! Driving down I-57 to Effingham, Illinois. Pick up my mom. Continue down I-57 to I-24. All the way to Chattanooga from there. We'll roll in sometime on Friday early afternoon I'm betting.

Where can we meet up with other Griz fans?

Oh trust me, that will not be a problem. Close your eyes, pucker up and they will be there. I've been there three times and there will be more Montana fans than in Montana on this weekend.

GrizFamily
December 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Oh, I'll be there too. Just booked the tikets. Flying into St. Louis, meeting some Griz fans that I had previously converted to the Griz side and driving over. We are also going to the Saints game on Saturday. That should be a blast as well. Looking forward to meeting some Richmond fans too. How long of a drive will it be for them/you? I hope you come early. I'm always dissappointed when the opposing fans drive in late and leave right after the game.

ur2k
December 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know when the stadium lots open for tailgating?

The website says 2pm - is that the case based on past experience?

ViennaSpider
December 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Flying into Nashville from DC, then driving down I-24 to Nooga. Any suggestions about cheap lodgings somewhere along that route? Trying to avoid a big hotel bill in Nooga.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2008, 04:03 PM
And I will see you there again my friend, but coming from Nashville/Memphis costs much more in gas due to the hills/mountains. More time too going up and down those Smokeys. I have done both a few times and the Atlanta trip is much easier. Both around two hours though (less from ATL than the TN tour guide says). xtwocentsx

Geez, it isn't exactly like scaling the Continental Divide making that one climb on I-24 before it dips down into GA. And I-75 in North Georgia isn't exactly flat either. xrolleyesx And with today's gas prices any additional consumption is irrelevant. I'll take the less stressful ride from Nashville any day. I guess all the Chicago driving means the Atlanta traffic doesn't faze you. For anybody coming from Montana, I'd venture to guess that they'd really hate having to deal with Atlanta and will be wondering what all the fuss about the Smokies is all about. :D xwhistlex To each their own, you can have the ride from Atlanta, I'll take the ride from Nashville.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Flying into Nashville from DC, then driving down I-24 to Nooga. Any suggestions about cheap lodgings somewhere along that route? Trying to avoid a big hotel bill in Nooga.

Just made the trip on I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville a couple of weeks ago. I don't recall too much lodging from Murphreesboro over to Chattanooga, but I do recall some of the chain budget hotels along I-24 near Chatty and there are plenty near Nashville.

Unless you really hate Country Music, spend a night in Nashville if you get the chance. Lots of places with live music along Broadway and 2nd Ave. in downtown. And Jack's BBQ was very good, pulled pork and brisket more so than the ribs. But even the ribs were pretty good.

griz8791
December 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm in.

proasu89
December 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know when the stadium lots open for tailgating?

The website says 2pm - is that the case based on past experience?

The stadium lots were full last year before 10AM. Things may have been altered this year however. We tailgated in the Staybridge lot, which is really close, and had a great time.

T-Dog
December 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, and if anyone has any room for a poor bum to sleep on their hotel floor, let me know, :p

xwhistlex

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
xwhistlex
no problem

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2008, 11:49 PM
And I will see you there again my friend, but coming from Nashville/Memphis costs much more in gas due to the hills/mountains. More time too going up and down those Smokeys. I have done both a few times and the Atlanta trip is much easier. Both around two hours though (less from ATL than the TN tour guide says). xtwocentsx

You go over the Cumberland Plateau (Monteagle Mtn, elevation 2,100) between Chattanooga and Nashville...the elevation change from Nashville (591) to Monteagle back down to Chattanooga (685) is about 1,500 feet...barely enough to make your ears pop. :)

I am sure the people from Montana are chuckling at the thought of a 2,100 foot mountain...in Big Sky country, I guess that is a hill.

google maps sez:
BNA to Finley = 135 miles
ATL to Finley = 127 miles

Here is what I think of when someone says Atlanta:

http://www.encompass-pharma.com/traffic.jpg

GrizNation93
December 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I'll be there! And in Rome for the NAIA game as well. :)

Go Griz!
Go Saints!

catamount man
December 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM

I plan to be there. Leaving early Friday morning and will grab a cheap motel somewhere on I-75 in Nooga. I will PM you later so as to what time your tailgate is going to start. I will bring my own beer. Just let me know food wise what I need to bring as it's your tailgate and your menu. Looking forward to partying with you guys and cheering on the Griz to bring home a national title. Sorry Spider fans, it's nothing personal. For knocking ASU out, you have my admiration. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

See ya Friday, Lord willing.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Georgia Griz
December 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'm going to make the short 1 hour skip from Cedartown, GA. But, I may have to come alone and would really like to tailgate with some fellow UM fans.