PDA

View Full Version : Another pair of great semi games

GSU Eagle
December 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Both games go down to the last minutes or even seconds. For those of us who support this division of football it was once again a great playoff run so far.

The teams that fall short will get over the disappointment in a few days. Back in the days when we (Georgia Southern) were annual participants in the playoffs it usually took me a good many days to get over a heartbreaking loss in the playoffs, but hope spring eternal and all fans can look forward to next year.

I have said it every year to the fans of the championship teams-- enjoy it, make every attempt to get to Chattanooga. You won't regret it. Don't take it for granted that you will return. I can attest to the fact in the last 1990s we began to think Georgia Southern would be in Chattanooga every year. As we know it has not happened since 2000 for us.

So enjoy the ride. There is no guarantee it will come again.

TCisMYhero
December 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
The teams that fall short will get over the disappointment in a few days. Back in the days when we (Georgia Southern) were annual participants in the playoffs it usually took me a good many days to get over a heartbreaking loss in the playoffs, but hope spring eternal and all fans can look forward to next year.

xflaggedx
I've had a copy of the '05 championship game for nearly 3 years now, and still cannot bring myself to watch it. I think the only way I ever will is a happy trip to Chatty.

GSU Eagle
December 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Losing at home is harder to take. I remember when we lost at home vs. Furman in the semis in 2001 and vs. Western Kentucky at home in 2002 it took me probably 2-3 weeks to get over the disappointment.

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Losing at home is harder to take. I remember when we lost at home vs. Furman in the semis in 2001 and vs. Western Kentucky at home in 2002 it took me probably 2-3 weeks to get over the disappointment.

Yup. 2006 and 2007 were both brutal, but it makes getting to Nooga this year that much sweeter. xnodx