PDA

View Full Version : "I get it"

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I know I am on a corny roll this morning, but oh well.

Last night I got work off to officially watch this game with one of my managers who is a native of Northern California and Oregon. I have been pretty quiet about my Griz alliance this year, not because I am not proud of them just because I kinda got tired of people asking why I cheer for them, what the big deal is, I am a Duck, etc etc

But last night I am sitting on the couch watching the game drinking some Bitterroot Valley microbrews as she is asking me questions about the FCS or as she put it "minor league of college football" yeah yeah yeah whatever asking "what the hell is the big deal??". I'm literally jumping up and givin a "YEAH BABY" as Cole throws a beauty to an eight man HS player Mr. Reynolds (there are high schools with under 500 people??!!!). Meanwhile, my phone is absolutely BLOWING UP from friends and family (texts, calls, etc) - even those around Eugene watching that don't even care for the Griz.

She sits back and goes "Ok. I get it. I get."

We click bottles and she pumps her fist as Montana strips the next kickoff.
:D

james_lawfirm
December 13th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Congrats.

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Congrats.

I didn't mean this in a horn-tooting Griz Nation way, but FCS in general. We need more people to "get it" and I think that game and ones like App and Michigan and their coverage the last 3 years help.

CrackerRiley
December 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
...and you got a girl to "get it"? Nice job.

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM

yeah the whole thing about 'Cole throwing a beauty' was the analogy I was hoping everyone would grasp

Mountain Panther
December 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I know I am on a corny, pu**y ass roll this morning, but oh well.

Last night I got work off to officially watch this game with one of my managers who is a native of Northern California and Oregon. I have been pretty quiet about my Griz alliance this year, not because I am not proud of them just because I kinda got tired of people asking why I cheer for them, what the big deal is, I am a Duck, etc etc

But last night I am sitting on the couch watching the game drinking some Bitterroot Valley microbrews as she is asking me questions about the FCS or as she put it "minor league of college football" yeah yeah yeah whatever asking "what the hell is the big deal??". I'm literally jumping up and givin a "YEAH BABY" as Cole throws a beauty to an eight man HS player Mr. Reynolds (there are high schools with under 500 people??!!!). Meanwhile, my phone is absolutely BLOWING UP from friends and family (texts, calls, etc) - even those around Eugene watching that don't even care for the Griz.

Wait wait wait wait.....you're sitting on the couch with your FEMALE manager watching the game??? And there were "fist pumps?"

I am VERY aroused....tell me more.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Wait wait wait wait.....you're sitting on the couch with your FEMALE manager watching the game??? And there were "fist pumps?"

I am VERY aroused....tell me more.

Yeah, what he said.

JMU DJ
December 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, what he said.

Do pray tell, that story started out like two dudes were gonna hang out and watch a game and then BOOM! You blind side us.

My fiance just called me and asked "Did JMU lose..." I thought she was trying to rub it in because I was so into the game last night. She was reading a book (that "Twilight" series) instead of the game and honestly didn't know we had lost... I tried to get her to watch... and she went to JMU to make it worse!!! so much for that I guess...

LehighFan11
December 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Yea i was watching the end of the game in my room and freaking out that JMU might have a chance to come back. A few of my friends came in and asked who the hell these teams were. And I tried to explain it but knew i wasn't getting anywhere.

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I just keep imagining Jim Carrey on a couch saying "Boom Baby". DuckDuck and that dang avatar...it kills me to think it's not actually Jim on the other side. xrolleyesx

whitey
December 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Alcohol + Pumping +Fists + Stripping. Please tell me you closed the deal.

Native
December 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I know I am on a corny, pu**y ass roll this morning, but oh well.

YEAH, BABY!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Aw grow up guys.

I'm trying to get with her room mate.

And I got a warning for that first post. Amazing!

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Also she wasn't drunk enough.

Ok i'll stop

phillyAPP
December 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM

I married a BEAUTIFUL APP GIRL that GETS IT in a BIG way!!!!!!!!!

I knew i was going to marry her when I saw how much she loved FOOTBALL then she showed me APP Football and I WAS HOOKED !!!!

Getting IT is GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it ......... She gets IT ........... FCS ----- GET IT !!!!!!!!!!

james_lawfirm
December 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I didn't mean this in a horn-tooting Griz Nation way, but FCS in general. We need more people to "get it" and I think that game and ones like App and Michigan and their coverage the last 3 years help.

I understood.

Franks Tanks
December 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I know I am on a corny roll this morning, but oh well.

Why didnt you go to Montana if you love em so much?

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Why didnt you go to Montana if you love em so much?

Wanted to experience a new place since I grew up there and half my high school went there. Gotta a WUE scholly so it was almost the same price.

Will most likely go back to UM for grad school.

james_lawfirm
December 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I married a BEAUTIFUL APP GIRL that GETS IT in a BIG way!!!!!!!!!

I knew i was going to marry her when I saw how much she loved FOOTBALL then she showed me APP Football and I WAS HOOKED !!!!

Getting IT is GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it ......... She gets IT ........... FCS ----- GET IT !!!!!!!!!!

ME TOO!!!

This afternoon while I was recuperating at home from a bad cold, my wife went shopping at a mall @ 70 miles away. She just called in to say she ate at the Macaroni Grill. While there, she was eating at the bar, when a married couple sat right beside her. They were watching the end of the Richmond/UNI game. When UR tied it up with 12 seconds left, the husband of that married couple pontificated "They ought to go for two!"

To which my wife exclaimed "THAT'D BE STUPID!"

Yep, she gets it!

Franks Tanks
December 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Wanted to experience a new place since I grew up there and half my high school went there. Gotta a WUE scholly so it was almost the same price.

Will most likely go back to UM for grad school.

AHH-- gotcha

Pattycakes
December 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Wanted to experience a new place since I grew up there and half my high school went there.

Thats the same reason why i am at Minnesota.