PDA

View Full Version : some JMU fans want the BCS

putter
December 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Now some JMU fans think the BCS maybe the way to go. Montana coming from a lower conference should never of had the chance to keep JMU out of the Chipper. Interesting read..

http://http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87715

BCS Sucks
December 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Now some JMU fans think the BCS maybe the way to go. Montana coming from a lower conference should never of had the chance to keep JMU out of the Chipper. Interesting read..

http://http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87715

This is why the BCS is BS because they would have JMU and App st in the NC and last time i checked they both lost

MacThor
December 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Your link is broken.

It's one JMU fan, not some. And he's an idiot.

LehighFan11
December 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
This is why the BCS is BS because they would have JMU and App st in the NC and last time i checked they both lost
But if the game had been played with 2-3 weeks off and Landers and Armanti were rested, I have a hard time believing those wouldn't of been the 2 best teams.

appfan2008
December 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
the bcs is never the way to go... coming from an app fan who would have been in the title game with that system... what would montana and richmond and uni have had to play for once their shot at being number one or two was gone?

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
But if the game had been played with 2-3 weeks off and Landers and Armanti were rested, I have a hard time believing those wouldn't of been the 2 best teams.

Which is why this system is better, it proved they weren't. No assumptions, no guessing, no projections. You have to beat the best to be the best.

MacThor
December 13th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Tell ya what........turn in your 2004 championship to either SIU or Furman. App State turns in last year's to either UNI or McNeese St (a 29-point first round loser). Then you two can have at it.

SeattleGriz
December 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Yeah, and if all our guys were at 100% we wouldn't have a chance. xrolleyesx

Dude. We held JMU to 13 points under their average, and Montana scored 12 points over the average JMU was holding opponents to.

Montana won that game, with or without Landers.

DuckDuckGriz
December 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, and if all our guys were at 100% we wouldn't have a chance. xrolleyesx

Dude. We held JMU to 13 points under their average, and Montana scored 12 points over the average JMU was holding opponents to.

Montana won that game, with or without Landers.

Add to that the fact that the Griz virtually opened the door for a comeback with that safety on the punt.

Dukes2011
December 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Let's be clear. That's one JMU fan. Not some.

And yes, the game would have been different if we had Landers. That doesn't mean the Dukes would have crushed Montana or that they definitely would have won, but I don't think you can honestly say that having one of the two best players in the country wouldn't have changed the game.

But that's not the point of the thread. The overwhelming majority of fans know a playoff would be better, and JMU fans are no different.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Let's be clear. That's one JMU fan. Not some.

And yes, the game would have been different if we had Landers. That doesn't mean the Dukes would have crushed Montana or that they definitely would have won, but I don't think you can honestly say that having one of the two best players in the country wouldn't have changed the game.

But that's not the point of the thread. The overwhelming majority of fans know a playoff would be better, and JMU fans are no different.

It's still tough to put it on that considering how stellar Duzdik was.

jmu007
December 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I personally think Drew was the only reason we staged a comeback. As great a runner as Rodney is, he can't make those throws. People can call me upset or bitter about losing, but I sure wish we could have seen #9 at QB with #7 at RB at some point. Just a thought.

GrizNation93
December 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Seroiously? I am pretty sure Landers was healthy goin into this game and they only scored 10 points with him in the game. Montana was clearly the better team last night. Give it a rest

eaglesrthe1
December 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
It's still tough to put it on that considering how stellar Duzdik was.

Amen, the game wasn't lost on the back-up QB play.

Reign of Terrier
December 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Seroiously? I am pretty sure Landers was healthy goin into this game and they only scored 10 points with him in the game. Montana was clearly the better team last night. Give it a rest

Even if he wasn't injured JMU would of still been down double digits before they got the ball back in the second.

ERASU2113
December 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Even if Armanti and Lander were healthy that doesn't change the fact they both lost. It may have changed the scores of the game and whatnot. Just last night and last Saturday Montana and UR were the best teams on their respective fields.

whitey
December 13th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Reason # 21,034,956,043 why I stay away from the CAAZone.

Cleets
December 13th, 2008, 03:01 PM

but you see...
a playoff system allows App. and JMU and Montana and Richmond and UNI all to play each other...

so they get to prove it on the field... instead of people like you - talking about who's better

why talk: Just do it on the field xeyebrowx (right..?)

phoenixphanatic21
December 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Reason # 21,034,956,043 why I stay away from the CAAZone.

Wow. That's a lot of reasons. So what are the other 21,034,956,042 reasons you stay away?

ASU
December 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM
By the way........CONGRATS GRIZ Fans.........
traveling West to East on short week to play at opponents stadium and mainly their crowd, not an easy thing to do and win.