PDA

View Full Version : FCS Recap: Montana Stuns JMU 35-27 To Punch Ticket to Chatty

CSN-info
December 13th, 2008, 12:00 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/FCSRECAP.JPG

All year, Montana methodically broke down their opponents through precision offense and physical defensive play. All year, James Madison sped through huge running lanes every which way to win games - and seemed to have fate on their side all year with several cardiac last-second wins.

Both scenarios played out in this Friday’s FCS semifinal game. Montana’s aggressive defense and special teams set the table, and the Griz offense cut through the James Madison defense like a scalpel. James Madison fell behind - and lost their Payton Award Finalist starting quarterback Rodney Landers late in the first half to an apparent ankle injury - but finally got on track offensively, ran through for the big score - and seemed to be pointing, once again, to Lady Luck to deliver just one more miracle to put them in Chattanooga.

Something had to give. And it would be James Madison’s final prayer - a twenty-two yard pass by backup quarterback Drew Dudzik to wideout Rockeed McCarter - that would not be answered tonight.

Read more... http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=fcs-recap-montana-stuns-james-madison-35&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I am SO on the bandwagon! xnodx

xbandwagonx

Cleets
December 13th, 2008, 12:15 AM
that link is no good..!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what the headline is suppose to mean. Am i the only one who can't make sense of it?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2008, 12:20 AM
They fixed it....

putter
December 13th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Link still won't work for me.

HLNgriz
December 13th, 2008, 01:32 AM
No one is talking about UM's punt coverage in the 4th quarter. I thought that was huge making JMU having to go the length of the field with time running out. Great game, both teams played tuff and no quite on either side. Go Griz

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Personally I was impressed by Hauck's aggressive gameplan.

appst97
December 13th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Great gameplan and some gutsy calls, I loved the blitz on 3rd down to force Dudzik to throw early on that last drive

hapapp
December 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Great gameplan and some gutsy calls, I loved the blitz on 3rd down to force Dudzik to throw early on that last drive

I do think he did an admirable job under the circumstances. I would say he looks more than capable of running the JMU offense next season. Of course, I have no idea of what they have available there, but I was impressed that he was able to, at least, get them back in the game.

The Griz brought a great balance to the game and in the end that, and the JMU turnovers, made the difference.