PDA

View Full Version : I Really Really Really Really Hope...

gbhmt
December 12th, 2008, 11:32 PM
That Rodney Landers plays on Sunday next year.

Nothing can make such a prolific player deserve to watch his last game from the sidelines. I wish him a long, successful career. I'll be writin my Cowboys telling them to make sure not to pass an opportunity to pick this guy up.

RE/MAXGriz
December 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Landers is a great QB, too bad his college career ended this way, going out with a bad sprain. Bummer deal. He'd still get my vote for Payton, if I were a voter in that award.

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 13th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Honestly, I hope he has a future in the NFL, but I think that in such an important game you need to play through the pain. When he was walking he didn't seem have too much of a limp. I don't mean to sound negative, or for this to come off as smack, but had Bergquist had an injury but still been walking around on the sideline I would have been really disappointed especially had I been a player. xtwocentsx

Pattycakes
December 13th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Honestly, I hope he has a future in the NFL, but I think that in such an important game you need to play through the pain.

i'm gonna have to disagree, that ankle injury probably took away a lot of his mobility which was a big part of his game. he would have been hurting his team had he stayed in

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Honestly, I hope he has a future in the NFL, but I think that in such an important game you need to play through the pain. When he was walking he didn't seem have too much of a limp. I don't mean to sound negative, or for this to come off as smack, but had Bergquist had an injury but still been walking around on the sideline I would have been really disappointed especially had I been a player. xtwocentsx

I agree. He might have been hurting but if you can walk around without a noticeable limp you should be in the game IMO.

WOCO
December 13th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I agree. He might have been hurting but if you can walk around without a noticeable limp you should be in the game IMO.

Spoken like true individual who has never played a skill position in college. Lets get real. If he could have gone back in, he would have. That is nuts. Don't listen the that stuff that old schoolers (and TV anouncers) like to say about playing with two broken legs in the snow on a dirt field without a face mask or cleats. It's BS. They would be out too. I hate when people say that stuff. There is a difference between hurt an injured.

Pantherpower
December 13th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Spoken like true individual who has never played a skill position in college. Lets get real. If he could have gone back in, he would have. That is nuts. Don't listen the that stuff that old schoolers (and TV anouncers) like to say about playing with two broken legs in the snow on a dirt field without a face mask or cleats. It's BS. They would be out too. I hate when people say that stuff. There is a difference between hurt an injured.

To each their own, but I was surprised he didn't go back in as well. UNI's RB has played on a bum ankle in 11 games. He's nowhere near 100%, but managed to eclipse 1,000 yards rushing yet again and is the all-time leading rusher in UNI history.

appst97
December 13th, 2008, 07:16 AM
That Rodney Landers plays on Sunday next year.

Nothing can make such a prolific player deserve to watch his last game from the sidelines. I wish him a long, successful career. I'll be writin my Cowboys telling them to make sure not to pass an opportunity to pick this guy up.

I doubt he'd want to go to the Cowboys, Jerry would question his 'toughness'

blueballs
December 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
When I tore the ACL in my left knee Iwas able to walk w/o a limp, but aggressive contact activity like playing option QB in a national semi final college football game was out of the question.

The QB position didn't cost JMU the game... your special teams and turnovers did.

Woody Hayes
December 13th, 2008, 07:42 AM
To each their own, but I was surprised he didn't go back in as well. UNI's RB has played on a bum ankle in 11 games. He's nowhere near 100%, but managed to eclipse 1,000 yards rushing yet again and is the all-time leading rusher in UNI history.

Lat's take a look at our QB Pat Grace. How many times this year has he gotten hurt and came back? He got the crap knocked out of him at BYU several times, came back in. Last week he popped his shoulder out, came back in. It was the non-throwing shoulder but I am sure it still hurt. If that quarterback was a football player he would have been back in there.

Woody Hayes
December 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I doubt he'd want to go to the Cowboys, Jerry would question his 'toughness'

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

appstate1998
December 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
The backup seemed to be doing just fine. It's not like 05 when Richie limped in because Trey couldn't make anything happen for App.

I'm not sure if he has a future in the NFL....but why risk further injury and jeopardizing any chance you have. Like I said it would have been totally different had the backup been costing them the game.

At least one head coach got a good look at him for a bit last night.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM

I think the fact that he didn't limp tells the story. It didn't look like he was in much pain when he came out, which leads me to think that he tore something. The issue wasn't pain, but rather stability and inability to put enough weight on it to change direction.