PDA

View Full Version : Congrats JMU

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I said it earlier - and Landers is legit. We are lucky that dude was out but your backup was also very good.

I can't say I have been this excited for a Montana win in a while. You put up a fight at the end especially. Much respect.

asknoquarter21
December 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
They suffered a very similar fate as to what Appalachian experienced

turnovers and an injured QB

tough to overcome

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Great season, JMU...I consider myself fortunate to have seen this team play twice in person this season.

Sooooo much excitement generated by this team.

I hope this link helps a few of you Duke fans out a little...

How to tell if you're having a heart attack. (http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Tell-If-Youre-Having-A-Heart-Attack&id=589914)

DaGriz
December 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Great game JMU. Even your back up QB is unreal. You definitely won't fall far next year. I'm exhausted. Couldn't have asked for more in a game. Nail biter with very few penalties. Both teams played great.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Great game JMU. Even your back up QB is unreal. You definitely won't fall far next year. I'm exhausted. Couldn't have asked for more in a game. Nail biter with very few penalties. Both teams played great.

I think they'll fall a decent amount.. this was the year for them it's unfortunate

SeattleGriz
December 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Glad the Griz won, but bummed Landers got hurt. Although my wife did point out an interesting observation. He didn't seem to be cheerleading much, but sulking.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Glad the Griz won, but bummed Landers got hurt. Although my wife did point out an interesting observation. He didn't seem to be cheerleading much, but sulking.

wouldn't you be sulking too if you were expecting next week to be your coronation and you're taken out of the fold?

BlueHen86
December 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Great season JMU. You are a perennial powerhouse. You will be back.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'll give you congrats. But don't come at us with excuses. It was a well played game and you lost for a reason.

But you guys are very good. Hope to see you guys again soon!

JMU DJ
December 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I think they'll fall a decent amount.. this was the year for them it's unfortunate

We haven't fallen off since Rascati left like some thought we might. We've been consistently good since 2004. Yes, this was a great chance for our team to win it all, but it was also last year. As App State, NOVA, Wofford, etc could say that this was also their year.

Congrats Montana... I'm actually considering driving the 3 1/2 hours up to chatty next weekend just to watch the game live...

appirishmen
December 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM
good season JMU!!! one hell of a run. its to bad your luck couldn't last a little longer.....xbawlingx xlolx xbangx xviolinx

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM
We haven't fallen off since Rascati left like some thought we might. We've been consistently good since 2004. Yes, this was a great chance for our team to win it all, but it was also last year. As App State, NOVA, Wofford, etc could say that this was also their year.

Congrats Montana... I'm actually considering driving the 3 1/2 hours up to chatty next weekend just to watch the game live...

Wear maroon if ya do. It's been good bantering on the board with ya DJ, stick around.

I am still scared of Landers. Just checking to make sure y'all are really in the review mirror.

MTGrizzFan
December 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'll give you congrats. But don't come at us with excuses. It was a well played game and you lost for a reason.

But you guys are very good. Hope to see you guys again soon!

well said!

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I hate that Landers went down. You never want to see that happen to a team, but that's football. We had a lot of guys get dinged, too. Great team JMU—awesome speed and effort, but like I said in predicted on an earlier post: Guts beats talent tonight.

I'm not sure Landers would have made much difference in the outcome.

JMUDuke2002
December 12th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure Landers would have made much difference in the outcome.

I would disagree there. He isn't hurt, we go in for a touchdown or field goal. Instead of going in down 4 at the half, we go in ahead or down by 1.

But, this is why we play the game. Didn't happen. Life goes on. Montana you played a great game. Most of you guys are a class act. I hope we get you again sometime. Good luck next week!

19Duke97
December 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Turnovers, not losing Landers did us in tonight.... Gave too much and UM capitalized

JMUDuke2002
December 12th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Turnovers, not losing Landers did us in tonight.... Gave too much and UM capitalized

Of course! You can't spot the other team 4 turnovers and expect to win. We played close to the line all season. The bounces were going our way. It seems it all came home to roost tonight.

Congrats Montana! Good luck next week.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Agreed. Special teams was HORRIBLE tonight. Definitely the Achilles heal for us tonight. However, that said Montana had no real penalties and no turn overs. Solid game by them.

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM

Yes. This was an awesome effort by both teams.

Whatever the ruling on the 4th and goal where they ruled he crossed the plane, that was about the most amazing play I ever saw.

Question: Does the ball only have to penetrate the front edge of the stripe, or the back edge?

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Whatever the ruling on the 4th and goal where they ruled he crossed the plane, that was about the most amazing play I ever saw.

Question: Does the ball only have to penetrate the front edge of the stripe, or the back edge?

front edge of the strip.

JMU DJ
December 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM

If the tip of the ball happens to brush across the front of the goal line, it's good

gofurman
December 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM

front edge - probably the correct call though tough to overrule the field call on that one.

I guess it is great it got called that way bc THAT WAS ONE FREAKIN AMAZING PLAY - YOU COULD SEE IN SLO MO THAT HE WAS STILL AWARE OF THE GOAL LINE WHILE UPSIDE DOWN AND REACHING RIGHT FOR IT.

Man, WHAT A PLA

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Even with losing tonight it was nice to really see Duzdik be out there on the field and know we are in good hands next year. Where was Sullivan? I didn't see him get hardly any carries at all.

ddmann
December 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
just got to a puter, a little inebriated, but I wanted to congratulate the Dukes on a great game. Your back up QB is an excellent player you are in good hands!

Hope to see you all again next year!

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I would disagree there. He isn't hurt, we go in for a touchdown or field goal. Instead of going in down 4 at the half, we go in ahead or down by 1.

But, this is why we play the game. Didn't happen. Life goes on. Montana you played a great game. Most of you guys are a class act. I hope we get you again sometime. Good luck next week!

Likewise, our dependable senior WR Ferriter drops a ball at the two yard line, next play we get sacked, and next play we miss a Field Goal.xbawlingx

Coulda shoulda woulda games can be played both ways.xeekx

All in all, I enjoyed the JMU game and enjoyed the friendly banter with the JMaddies. You have a tremendous program and will be a force to be reckoned with.

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2008, 11:18 PM
If the tip of the ball happens to brush across the front of the goal line, it's good

I can't say the ESPN2 cameras had a viewpoint that should have provided undeniable evidence to overturn that call. Maybe the ACC refs in the reply booth had additional cameras, or maybe they wanted JMU to score? Who knows?xnonono2x

Eight Legger
December 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Sure didn't look like he crossed the goal line to me.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Good game, if you check the game thread, I know, hundred or so pages, I was not calling the game over when it was 35-17. I was feeling good, but still worried. You guys have had the foot on your throat several times this year and managed to wrestle loose. GREAT FRIGGIN GAME!!! It was painful to have some of the calls go to replay towards the end and several players on both sides getting nicked up and hurt. But that is football and the way it goes sometimes. You guys had a hell of a year, don't feel too bad. We've lost our share of semis and I know it hurts. Life goes on and you play again next year. xbowx

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Congrats on another great season JMU!xthumbsupx

slostang
December 12th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Congrats on a great season JMU. JMU will be back. They are one of the top programs in the FCS and will only get better with all the facility upgrades that are planned. Good to know that the QB that will replace Landers next season is a gamer. Great throw on the 4th and 20 play and he impressed me with his running.