PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Teams vs Cold Weather Teams

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 10:29 AM
The frozen Tundra of the Gulf Coast...

Cowboy Stadium in 1988 and again after 20 years of the Mythical Global Warming effect. xsmiley_wix

Kinda weird seeing snow in Lake Charles, or anywhere down here on the Gulf Coast.

Note the new vs the old Press Box...

http://www.mcneesesports.com//pics/640/JS/JSGKZYMOZREYDYG.20081211143921.jpg

jaxstatealum
December 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I like the new press box!! I sure wish we could schedule each other to play again...

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I like the new press box!! I sure wish we could schedule each other to play again...

ME TOO!

But I think as long as your head coach is there the odds of that happening isn't very good.

He was 0-7 vs McNeese.

I was kinda hoping that both of us made the playoffs this past year and that RP would get to come play in Louisiana in round 1.

We would have had a sell out in LC, which is very unusual for a first round game anywhere.

mainejeff
December 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
The frozen Tundra of the Gulf Coast...

Cowboy Stadium in 1988 and again after 20 years of the Mythical Global Warming effect. xsmiley_wix

Kinda weird seeing snow in Lake Charles, or anywhere down here on the Gulf Coast.

Not to make this political......but you do know that Global Warming can make formerly warm areas much colder.......right? That is why they are using the term "climate change" now.......because some people are a little slow on the draw. xsmiley_wix

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Not to make this political......but you do know that Global Warming can make formerly warm areas much colder.......right? That is why they are using the term "climate change" now.......because some people are a little slow on the draw. xsmiley_wix

Ya, like Al Gore for instance. xreadx

JayJ79
December 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Hence why it is called GLOBAL warming, instead of "Lake Charles warming".
The overall average temperature for the whole globe is increasing, which alters weather patterns and ocean currents. But it doesn't mean that every place will be automatically warmer.

Besides, I'm guessing that the snow from both those occasions was gone within a week.

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM

xnonox

As an environmental professional I think I am a bit more qualified than AlGore to speak on this.

And living in Houston I read a lot of publications that NASA scientists release, and I often attend functions around town when they speak. They have constantly been on the opposite site of Dr. AlGore and his tree hugging nut job leftist friends. The local paper (a left wing controlled Hurst owned paper) constantly publishes their research and topics, which is the opposite position of the left wing nuts.

NASA has finnally convinced the POLITICAL egg heads to start using Climate Change because the SUN (which NASA scientists believe is primarily responsible for climate change) has been in a 3 year cooling trend, after a 40 year heating trend. And more or less told them they will look like the fools they are if they continue with their warming foolishness.

The sun expands and contracts constantly and they have not stated they have enough data to show the cooling trend which will change the weather patterns on earth over the next 40 or 50 years, which could also bring on more rain as well.

In addition, the earths rotational axis is NOT perfect and tends to wobble more than originally thought. According to NASA, a one mile difference in the rotational axis could drastically change the weather patters worldwide for several years. NASA says that while man probably has something to do with it, they contend that 98% of the weather patterns are a result of natural conditions between the earth and sun relationships. they are also looking into the consistency of the earths orbit around the sun. Is it the same all the time in terms of distance from the sun? Taking into account the 100 degree difference between the tropics and the poles with only about a 10,000 mile difference between the poles and the equator, How much would a 1 mile wobble in the earths rotational axis or a 50 mile solar expansion or earth orbital shift effect global temperatures and climate drivers? That is one of several theories they are also studying before we needlessly wreck the global economy.

Don't go there with me.... It is the way I earn my living and my company pays me a LOT of money to research these things for them.

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM
xnonox

As an environmental professional I think I am a bit more qualified than AlGore to speak on this.

And living in Houston i have constant access to NASA scientists and often watch them speak at various functions around town. They have constantly been on the opposite site of Dr. AlGore and his tree hugging nut jub leftist friends. The local paper (a left wing controlled Hurst owned paper) constantly publishes their research and topics.

NASA has convinced the POLITICAL egg heads to start using Climate Change because the SUN (which is responsible for climate change) has been in a 3 year cooling trend, after a 40 year heating trend. And more or less told them they will look like the fools they are if they continue with their warming foolishness.

The sun expands and contracts constantly and they have not stated they have enough data to show the cooling trend which will change the weather patterns on earth over the next 40 or 50 years, which could also bring on more rain as well.

In addition, the earths rotational axis is NOT perfect and tends to wobble more than originally thought. According to NASA, a one mile difference in the rotational axis could drastically change the weather patters worldwide for several years. NASA says that while man probably has something to do with it, they contend that 98% of the weather patterns are a result of natural conditions between the earth and sun relationships.

Don't go there with me.... It is the way I earn my living and my company pays me a LOT of money to research these things for them.

Another example of wasted govt. spending.

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hence why it is called GLOBAL warming, instead of "Lake Charles warming".
The overall average temperature for the whole globe is increasing, which alters weather patterns and ocean currents. But it doesn't mean that every place will be automatically warmer.

Besides, I'm guessing that the snow from both those occasions was gone within a week.

Snow was gone within minutes! ;)

If your batteries were dead in your camera, you missed it.

The last substantial snow we got was in that 88 photo, prior to that, we got about 12 inches way back in 1973, which was the first snow I ever saw in my life. I built about 10 snowmen in my front yard.

I saw photo's of my parents home from the early 60's or possibly late 50's when they received about a foot then as well. But I wasn't around yet.

My dad told me that my home town also got some snow back in the mid 40's when he was a teenager.

So the patterns are pretty consistent. About every 12 to 15 years or so, we can make a snowball. xsmiley_wix

jaxstatealum
December 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM
ME TOO!

But I think as long as your head coach is there the odds of that happening isn't very good.

He was 0-7 vs McNeese.

I was kinda hoping that both of us made the playoffs this past year and that RP would get to come play in Louisiana in round 1.

We would have had a sell out in LC, which is very unusual for a first round game anywhere.

Our head coach, now there is a topic for another thread....

I agree, that first round would've been great!

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
The old press box makes the stadium look bigger.

..or does the new one make it look smaller?

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Another example of wasted govt. spending.

Not all government funded research is bad.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for NASA researchers. They do excellent work, especially in the atmospheric research field.

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Not all government funded research is bad.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for NASA researchers. They do excellent work, especially in the atmospheric research field.

I was largely joking-- I agree it is importnat for us to solve this riddle

El Gato
December 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
xnonox

And living in Houston i have constant access to NASA scientists and often watch them speak at various functions around town. They have constantly been on the opposite site of Dr. AlGore and his tree hugging nut job leftist friends. The local paper (a left wing controlled Hurst owned paper) constantly publishes their research and topics.

NASA has convinced the POLITICAL egg heads to start using Climate Change because the SUN (which is responsible for climate change) has been in a 3 year cooling trend, after a 40 year heating trend. And more or less told them they will look like the fools they are if they continue with their warming foolishness.

In addition, the earths rotational axis is NOT perfect and tends to wobble more than originally thought. According to NASA, a one mile difference in the rotational axis could drastically change the weather patters worldwide for several years. NASA says that while man probably has something to do with it, they contend that 98% of the weather patterns are a result of natural conditions between the earth and sun relationships. they are also looking into the consistency of the earths orbit around the sun. Is it the same all the time in terms of distance from the sun? Taking into account the 100 degree difference between the tropics and the poles with only about a 10,000 mile difference between the poles and the equator, How much would a 10 mile wobble in the earths axis or a 50 mile solar expansion or earth orbital shift effect global temperatures and climate drivers? That is one of several theories they are also studying before we needlessly wreak the global economy.

ooh, I’m reading a book that talks about the Earth/Sun relationship (all the stuff you just mentioned), including sunspots, in support of the Mayan 2012 doomsday prophecy.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM
that was some crazy snow down that way and the press box is ballin compared to your previous one!... sort of like app next year...

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Our head coach, now there is a topic for another thread....

I agree, that first round would've been great!

I used to love the trips over to J-State.

I would either fly into Birmingham or Atlanta. I always wanted to try to make a trip to Talladega when I was there but never could. Several Cowboy fans did make a point to do that every other year, and in fact, still do it to this day regardless of who McNeese is playing that week now.

I think McNeese fans would like to see a renewed home and home with J-State. Regardless of who won, it was always a good game to watch.

I will never forget our last game there. The TORNADO game. (:

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
ooh, I’m reading a book that talks about the Earth/Sun relationship (all the stuff you just mentioned), including sunspots, in support of the Mayan 2012 doomsday prophecy.

Ha!

I am trying to say, we'll be OK.

But that kind of stuff won't sale any books or movies. xlolx

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
that was some crazy snow down that way and the press box is ballin compared to your previous one!... sort of like app next year...

Yea, I think our last press box was stolen from a trailer park somewhere. :)

But you can still see worse than that one around the county even today. :D

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
The old press box makes the stadium look bigger.

..or does the new one make it look smaller?

It actually added about 300 seats to the stadium.

But it almost looks cartoonish. A little body with a very big head. xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
December 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM

My brother in law and I started talking about our trip to Boone next year. We are looking forward to seeing your final product. We will probably spend some time in Gatlinburg along the way as a bonus trip too.

jaxstatealum
December 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I will never forget our last game there. The TORNADO game. (:

I remember it well. Folks were heading everywhere for safety. It was a good series even though we never got you guys. I think we would be much more competetive now and would probably get one or two from you xnodx

dasjamin
December 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
UNI and NDSU....? Outside its cold, but inside its 70 degrees!

I-AA Fan
December 12th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Reminds me of a couple of things:

I am from CA originally, Santa Ana for you that live there. Being that close to the desert I never saw snow either. Most of my extended family come from Ohio in the snow belt. However, we only visited in the summer months, so I still never saw snow. In 1973, my dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I replied that I wanted to be able to build a snow fort and throw snow balls. My dad took me up top the mountains (sierra nevada's if memory serves) and there was a large amount of snow in the first week of October. I had a great time and on the way home my parents took me to Laguna Beach in Corona & they had a surprise party planned. I was playing in the snow and swimming in the ocean in the same day.

I also remember going to the "snow bowl" (as it became known) in Youngstown. It was snowing so bad that they were shoveling between almost every play. It was back when YSU was in the Ohio Valley so I think it was against either EKU or MTSU. Penguin fans can help me here, it might have even been over at Fitch. I think they tried to pass in a complete white-out & YSU defense scored the only points of the game. You could not tell which players were yours & he threw it to the wrong team.

crunifan
December 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Richmond fans and players are in for a treat tomorrow. Its going to be 35 degrees outside! Yay for above freezing temps! The other morning it was 0 degrees, so this will feel pretty awesome walking into the dome!