PDA

View Full Version : Are Any UNH Fans Here Worried About the Maine Game This Saturday?

wildcat_fan
November 17th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I may be worrying unnecessarily, but when it comes to UNH vs. U. Maine, there is good cause. Maine just loves to spoil UNH's party, and it seems like they are peaking at just the right time--they've won their last four games.

I was in NH over the weekend but couldn't get to the Iona game because of a death in the family. I read in the paper that UNH had 4 touchdowns called back because of penalties. That makes the mismatch even more pronounced than I thought it was. If those penalties had not occurred, the score would have been 84-0. Quite a pity really.

TypicalTribe
November 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I may be worrying unnecessarily, but when it comes to UNH vs. U. Maine, there is good cause. Maine just loves to spoil UNH's party, and it seems like they are peaking at just the right time--they've won their last four games.

I was in NH over the weekend but couldn't get to the Iona game because of a death in the family. I read in the paper that UNH had 4 touchdowns called back because of penalties. That makes the mismatch even more pronounced than I thought it was. If those penalties had not occurred, the score would have been 84-0. Quite a pity really.

As long as they have the proper focus, I can't see this game being a problem. They've got to go in thinking that a win keeps them in Durham until they have to hap a flight to Chatty. Lose and they could very well be in Boone next weekend. That should keep them on target.

Appdad
November 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I was in NH over the weekend but couldn't get to the Iona game because of a death in the family. I read in the paper that UNH had 4 touchdowns called back because of penalties. That makes the mismatch even more pronounced than I thought it was. If those penalties had not occurred, the score would have been 84-0. Quite a pity really.[/QUOTE]

That MAY HAVE BEEN THE PRECISE REASON those penalties were called.

dwtime
November 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM

Any time you play Maine its a worry. Its a great rivalry and Maine will come at UNH with everything they have. It should be a great 4 quarter game, here's hoping UNH ends up on the winning end!

Go Cats!

UNHWildCats
November 17th, 2005, 04:10 PM

That MAY HAVE BEEN THE PRECISE REASON those penalties were called.[/QUOTE]

not to mention if santos wasnt out so early and they actually passed coulda been over 100 points. :)

UNHWildCats
November 17th, 2005, 04:11 PM

UNH hasnt scored less then 50 at home this season, and Maine wont be able to stop them and they dont have the firepower to be in a shootout with UNH

TigerFan17
November 17th, 2005, 04:47 PM
If yall lose to Maine, I will officially give up on this season.

umassfan
November 17th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Maine is 3-0 in their last three games since their loss to UMass. If I were UNH I would be worried... they have the big play threat with the deep ball and have a defense that can cause problems with UNH on any given saturday. This could be a blow out but I see it being a close game which could always lean toward an upset. Go Black Bears.

rcny46
November 17th, 2005, 05:33 PM

They also fumbled near the goal line twice,which would have upped the score even more.The Iona coach said he realised that Sean was taking it easy because "he has a heart,and I'm not stupid." As for the Maine game,I am a little concerned for the reasons you mentioned,and because I always worry whenever they play.This has been a bizarre year in 1-AA football,so who knows what will happen at Cowell or at several other venues around the country this weekend.It should be interesting,and I'm looking forward to the results.