PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year

achrist70
December 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Who do you guys will or should win the coach of the year. I think that there are some good candidates with Farley and Hauck leading in-experienced teams to the semi-finals in seasons in which they were thought to be a little down. Matthews at JMU has had the Dukes at #1 for almost the entire season. Also Lennon and London doing some good things in their first year as head coach at the school. I know there are many more, thoughts?

Benne
December 10th, 2008, 11:13 AM
If Hauck leads the Griz to wood, he should get it. It's a rebuilding year?

GolfingGriz
December 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Weber's MacBride would be a good choice. Hauck probably won't win it, but this has been his best coaching job by far. Don't know if it matters, but Matthews has already won the award.

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Mike London

mcveyrl
December 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Mike London

I agree. They had a talented team, but he had a tall order coming in and doing what he's done.

DuckDuckGriz
December 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I've never really argued for Bobby Hauck before, but in this case I will. To take a young team like this in a year where we weren't really expected to maybe even make the playoffs, and now be in the semis with 1 loss, is quite a feat.

clenz
December 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Tough not to give it to Lennon or London.

FCS Go!
December 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
McBride will win it. Weber was on virtually no ones radar to start the season. Even in the Big Sky I think they were picked 4th by the coaches pre-season.

BEAR
December 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Does the coach have to take the team to the playoffs to be credible? In Conque's case he wasn't allowed to due to transition. But he would have been there if not. Just wondering. Last year the Bears were picked last and he took them to the title game. This year the were favorites and he took them all the way. Not bad for his first two years in division I ball.
SLC Coach of the Year.
AFCA Region 5 coach of the Year.
Eddie winner?

Houndawg
December 10th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Tough not to give it to Lennon or London.

It's a homer pick for me, but I think Lennon was the one who most exceeded expectations. Picked fifth in conference he won the conference while changing systems with someone else's recruits and very few seniors. (One senior starting on defense and four on offense). Now if he can recruit like Kill we'll be set for a while.xcoolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Kind of hope Hauck wins it so we can enjoy a nice long offseason of Wolfboy! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx