View Full Version : Montana should be 21 point underdogs

Ronbo
December 9th, 2008, 10:33 AM
We are the team of the walking wounded.

#1 Reciever has a high ankle sprain and is only 60-70%
#3 Receiver missed 2 of the last 3 games
QB has a jammed finger on his throwing hand
#1 fullback is out.
2 top O-Linemen have missed 3 of the last 4 games, another O-Lineman was carried off the field Saturday.
Starting safety was carried off the field last week, came back but is dinged up.
#1 CB has a knee injury and has been out for 6-7 games.
#2 CB has been dinged up the last couple games, was carried out of the game against Texas State.
2 very good D-Tackles are done for the season

I have no idea how we'll stay competitive with the greatest team in the history of FCS (I-AA) football.xconfusedx xconfusedx :( :( xsmhx xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Methinks that Ronbo is sandbagging... just a tad. xlolx

Dignan
December 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM

#1 fullback is out.
2 top O-Linemen have missed 3 of the last 4 games, another O-Lineman was carried off the field Saturday.
Starting safety was carried off the field last week, came back but is dinged up.
#2 CB has been dinged up the last couple games, was carried out of the game against Texas State.

I have no idea how we'll stay competitive with the greatest team in the history of FCS (I-AA) football.xconfusedx xconfusedx :( :( xsmhx xsmhx

Is this one of those reverse jinx thingies?

Ronbo
December 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Oh and I forgot to add that Montana gets at least a 7-10 point boost by their home crowd. We're doomed. :( xbawlingx

mcveyrl
December 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Sweet!! I'm not even gonna watch Friday night.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Are you saying, Ronbo, that I picked a bad time to jump on the Griz bandwagon? xlolx

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'll take Montana and the points.

CatMom07
December 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Gee Ronbo, why not just tell them everything?

(I'd bet JMU has some injuries too but they're not putting it on here)

I doubt the coaches, etc, read this, but still............xoopsx

Ronbo
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hauck doesn't allow injuries to be published but he's said on his TV and Radio shows that we are pretty badly dinged up. He said we'll make it out on to the field even if it's on crutches.xnodx We'll see how deep the Griz are in this upcoming game, I'm cautiously optimistic.

jmufan999
December 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
god, these threads are so annoying. some wofford fans did it, i saw one villanova fan do it, but a seemingly ENDLESS number of montana fans. "we might as well not show up". sounds good to me.

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Well if we lose big, I am going to go ahead and reserve a table right here in this thread just in case. xlolx

Ronbo
December 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well everything over on the JMU board is that we're the greatest team to ever don uni's and Montana doesn't have a chance. Now that's annoying. You'd think we were playing Oklahoma.xlolx xnodx xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Well everything over on the JMU board is that we're the greatest team to ever don uni's and Montana doesn't have a chance. Now that's annoying. You'd think we were playing Oklahoma.xlolx xnodx xlolx

Oklahoma doesn't have Landers man........Don't even compare the two!

griz8791
December 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
You left a couple out:

* Not in the CAA

* Have never won a road game anywhere against anyone who didn't suck

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
You left a couple out:

* Not in the CAA

* Have never won a road game anywhere against anyone who didn't suck

Actually they need to leave Missoula first to do that. All the road games were staged, moon-landing style.

catatac
December 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Nice try... he's full of it... xrolleyesx

Go check out their starting lineups for the entire season on egriz.com or montanagrizzlies.com... they have been and are amazingly healthy for most of the season. I'd say way healthier than the average team this late in the season.

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Go check out their starting lineups for the entire season on egriz.com or montanagrizzlies.com... they have been and are amazingly healthy for most of the season. I'd say way healthier than the average team this late in the season.

Backhanded compliment? I'll take it! :D

FWIW though Trumaine Johnson and Mark Mariani, as well as JD Quinn are HUGE losses at key positions for the Griz. You cannot argue that.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM

#1 fullback is out.

sometimes i wonder whether or not some jmu fans truly believe that statement

JMU Newbill
December 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Have you not been reading the boards this whole year? We could beat a high school team 100 - 0 and someone from App St. will declare that the only reason we won is because the high school's qb couldn't stay out past curfew and had to leave the game early. Or that we just got plain old lucky.

What a sandbag thread. I can't believe I even commented. I must be bored at work.

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Have you not been reading the boards this whole year? We could beat a high school team 100 - 0 and someone from App St. will declare that the only reason we won is because the high school's qb couldn't stay out past curfew and had to leave the game early. Or that we just got plain old lucky.

What a sandbag thread. I can't believe I even commented. I must be bored at work.

So it's the App State fans bugging you....Let it all out man.

th0m
December 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM
sometimes i wonder whether or not some jmu fans truly believe that statement

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/oa048.jpg

RichWhat?
December 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM

It's luck when it happens once (App game). It's really lucky when it happens twice (Richmond game). It's just being a very good football team that knows how to win under any circumstances when it happens 5 times.

Ronbo
December 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM

Just because they are back in the lineup doesn't mean they are healthy. We have at least 6 guys playing at 60-70%. Will our fullback be back? Cole Bergquist's passing numbers have plummeted since MSU when he jammed the finger and a couple top receivers got hurt. Wish we were healthy.

putter
December 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
What happened to Quinn?