PDA

View Full Version : Cole Berquist

GrizzlyBill
December 8th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I see a lot written to the effect that CB is just "ok," but he's "No Craig Ochs," that Cole leaves something to be desired as QB. Sure--Cole may throw an errant pass or few, or get trapped in the backfield too much; but the guy is a gamer. He is a winner, and he leaves it is all on the field. He may not be flashy, but I like our chances with him in there when the chips are down.

I just saw Cameron Higgins (with more arm, more statistics, more size, more speed) seem to crumple in the pressure of a big stakes game. The dude appeared flustered and rattled much of the game last Saturday. It comes down sometimes to simply wanting to win more than the other team. Of course talent, size, experience, etc. sure help.

Problem is: The other team, when you get to games in December, usually has good players too, and also wants to win.

I would note that there sure has been a lot of agreement on this board that the CAA is much the best FCS conference these days. That's a pretty bold attitude for us Griz to come up against. Have any of you guys saying all that thought what you might have to accept, after the Griz actually win. There seems to me a good chance the NC game will be "Western."

I expect Berquist and Reynolds and Anderson and Dow and Quinn and Mariani and company to take it to some Dukes this coming Friday. We will see a grand test. I wish I was there. Let there be no injuries.
GO GRIZ!

GolfingGriz
December 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Good write up on Cole. The biggest change I have seen in him over the years is being able to resist the bad pass. When he is under pressure he either throws it away or tucks it. Sometimes he takes a sack that he probably shouldn't but a sack is always better than an INT.

I really like the leadership on this team. Although they don't have an abundance of seniors like they did last year, this team certainly does not lack heart and pride.

Grizaholic17
December 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM
he makes some amazing runs under pressure. Such as, of course, the one against weber this past weekend. Sure was a lifesaver to the drive.

GrizRchattybound
December 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Two Fifth Year Senior QB's

Should/Could be an epic battle...what FCS Semifinal Championship football is all about!