PDA

View Full Version : JMU Stadium

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Is your field really two-toned every five yards to try and replicate a natural grass mowing pattern?

JMU Newbill
December 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Is there a problem with that?

Dukie95
December 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Is your field really two-toned every five yards to try and replicate a natural grass mowing pattern?

Are you asking if it's two-toned or are you asking if it's done to replicate the mowing pattern?

Because yes, it's two-toned.
I don't know why.

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I think it looks really cool. xthumbsupx

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM
It's just different. And I am assuming it's to replicate the mowing pattern. Why else do that? Do any other stadiums do that?
Not saying good or bad, just something I've never seen before.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
It's just different. And I am assuming it's to replicate the mowing pattern. Why else do that? Do any other stadiums do that?

Because were awesome like that, no? xnodx

Dukes82
December 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I thought they took out the old turf and replaced it with the same type of turf the Ravens use at M&T which is a natural/sythetic composite.

wideright82
December 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM

A few teams do it, I think Rutgers does off the top of my head

wideright82
December 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I thought they took out the old turf and replaced it with the same type of turf the Ravens use at M&T which is a natural/sythetic composite.

I don't think it is natural/composite. As I remember it was literally just two different color turfs.

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM

Yeah. But it's two shades of green. I didn't know if they rolled it different directions or if it was actually two-toned.

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I don't think it is natural/composite. As I remember it was literally just two different color turfs.

That's right. Also, we were gonna go with purple and gold alternating every five yards, but that was gonna be expensive...:D

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
That's right. Also, we were gonna go with purple and gold alternating every five yards, but that was gonna be expensive...:D

My first thought on that was Ugh! But after thinking about it most definitely would have been unique. Kinda like Boise but our own. Wish they had done it now.

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM

And would have matched Andy7171's underwear. xeyebrowx So I heard...xcoffeex

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
And would have matched Andy7171's underwear. xeyebrowx So I heard...xcoffeex

Purple underwear? I'm not the one stomping grapes. I'll concede "gold" though. :o

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
My first thought on that was Ugh! But after thinking about it most definitely would have been unique. Kinda like Boise but our own. Wish they had done it now.

And ASU should get a black field with gold endzones. xlolx Man, it would be tough to find Armanti then. :D

Purple and gold alternating would definitely be unique.

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Purple underwear? I'm not the one stomping grapes. I'll concede "gold" though. :o

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Good thing our colors don't include brown.... xeyebrowx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
And ASU should get a black field with gold endzones. xlolx Man, it would be tough to find Armanti then. :D

That would be quite the intimidation factor though!!

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM

And super, super gay. xrulesx

Bad idea!! xsmhx

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Bad idea!! xsmhx

Yea, for those that can't read a smiley, that was DEFINITELY a joke...

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Bad idea!! xsmhx

bandl, if you're going to be "secretly" in love with App State you can't be so obvious about it. xlolx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Can you imagine the eye strain trying to find Landers or Holloman when they are wearing the purple on purple uniforms if that were the case?

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 08:25 AM
That would be quite the intimidation factor though!!

True, however, I don't want them to raise Yosef Club donation requirements for my seats again. xsmiley_wix

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM

DUH

You know, I like to think that, when intended to, my posts absolutely drip and reak with sarcasm. Lately though, some of you people just 'don't get it'. xsmhx

;)

89Hen
Do any other stadiums do that?
That's because Nebraska hasn't been good enough to pay attention to lately. They were the first that I can recall that did this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/091507-USCNeb-MemorialStadium.jpg/400px-091507-USCNeb-MemorialStadium.jpg

purplepeopleeaterv2
True, however, I don't want them to raise Yosef Club donation requirements for my seats again. xsmiley_wix

If memory serves me right you did law school. You can afford it. You afforded that Richmond education :D

Dukie95
December 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
We had this conversation when JMU installed their FieldTurf a couple years ago. The NCAA doesn't allow other colors besides green these days. Boise St. was grandfathered in.

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM
DUH

You know, I like to think that, when intended to, my posts absolutely drip and reak with sarcasm. Lately though, some of you people just 'don't get it'. xsmhx

;)

I knew you got it...wanted to make sure some of the newer guys realized the joke.

But I've also noticed that people don't "get you" lately. xconfusedx Except Andy, but he's been trying to do that for months now. :D

purplepeopleeaterv2
We had this confersation when JMU installed their FieldTurf a couple years ago. The NCAA doesn't allow other colors besides green these days. Boise St. was grandathered in.

Thank the NCAA for that one. I hate watching Boise on TV. Get a headache from that field every time.

ASUMountaineer
If memory serves me right you did law school. You can afford it. You afforded that Richmond education :D

xlolx, I went to law school (not to Richmond) and quit half way through...probably the smartest thing I ever did. xlolx Worked in finance for SunTrust Bank, but now I'm just a lowly government employee. :D

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I knew you got it...wanted to make sure some of the newer guys realized the joke.

But I've also noticed that people don't "get you" lately. xconfusedx Except Andy, but he's been trying to do that for months now. :D

That's because I try to piss Andy off whenever I can. xpeacex

andy7171
bandl, if you're going to be "secretly" in love with App State you can't be so obvious about it. xlolx
xlolx xlolx Just accept that Richmond beat your Mountaineers bandle!

Can you imagine the eye strain trying to find Landers or Holloman when they are wearing the purple on purple uniforms if that were the case?
When Boise State plays in the Humanitarian Bowl play with your TVs tint and contrast controls.

purplepeopleeaterv2

I got the sarcasm and agreed with it. But then I started thinking about it and became curious as to what it would look like. Something I would want to see once. Not every home game.

bandl
xlolx xlolx Just accept that Richmond beat your Mountaineers bandle!

I concede, I concede.... xbawlingx xbawlingx

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I got the sarcasm and agreed with it. But then I started thinking about it and became curious as to what it would look like. Something I would want to see once. Not every home game.

How about...only against Socon teams? xeyebrowx

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM

He got married and lost his edge.

That's because I try to piss Andy off whenever I can. xpeacex

You have become very good at it. xrolleyesx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
How about...only against Socon teams? xeyebrowx

While singing "start wearing purple" after every quarter. And you think they hates us now just for the streamers xlolx xlolx xlolx

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Don't we all...

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Its just easier now because your team hasn't been so (yes I know lame) hot hot hot lately. Once they start winning again your patience shall return. But your patience on waiting for that to happen has to be wearing thin at this point. xeyebrowx

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM

I lost alot...pride, money, ego, freedom, etc, etc, etc. :(

You're a good sport. It's all in good fun. xsmiley_wix

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Its just easier now because your team hasn't been so (yes I know lame) hot hot hot lately. Once they start winning again your patience shall return. But your patience on waiting for that to happen has to be wearing thin at this point. xeyebrowx

Translation: I THINK purplepeopleeaterv2 is trying to say "You're a loser". purplepeopleeaterv2, correct me if I'm wrong. xpeacex

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM

All these triple entandre's have me dizzy. Bandle is the AppState fan not me. xeyebrowx

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
All these triple entandre's have me dizzy. Bandle is the AppState fan not me. xeyebrowx

It's "APPY STATE COLLEGE" dammit. xmadx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Translation: I THINK purplepeopleeaterv2 is trying to say "You're a loser". purplepeopleeaterv2, correct me if I'm wrong. xpeacex

Can't focus on that right now I'm still to busy googling what entandre means xconfusedx

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Can't focus on that right now I'm still to busy googling what entandre means xconfusedx

entendre - sue me I went to Towson. :D

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
entendre - sue me I went to Towson. :D

I was thinking it was cause you played football at Towson and took to many hard knocks from JMU.:D I mean your quote kinda gives it away...

89Hen
December 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM
We had this conversation when JMU installed their FieldTurf a couple years ago. The NCAA doesn't allow other colors besides green these days. Boise St. was grandfathered in.
And I'm glad the NCAA is tougher on their own rules than the NHL was in the 70's. Anyone remember the powder blue dashers in Montreal and Quebec (?) even though they had to be yellow per NHL rules? xrolleyesx

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/sports/hockey/images/programs/canadiens.JPG

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 08:59 AM
SSSSHHHHH....no one respond to 89Hen's post about hockey....I mean, hockey... xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
And I'm glad the NCAA is tougher on their own rules than the NHL was in the 70's. Anyone remember the powder blue dashers in Montreal and Quebec (?) even though they had to be yellow per NHL rules? xrolleyesx

SSSSHHHHH....no one respond to 89Hen's post about hockey....I mean, hockey... xeyebrowx

I don't know if I can. I'm a casual fan of hockey, but the above post might as well have been in German...

89Hen
December 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hey now, it wasn't about hockey, it was about an organization making a rule about field colors and looking the other way for a few teams. xpeacex

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I was thinking it was cause you played football at Towson and took to many hard knocks from JMU.:D I mean your quote kinda gives it away...

SSSSHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE-it. Sadly I was on the last team to defeat the hated Dukes. 15 years ago. My signature is a comment on how the team lays down for you ever since. They don't even put up a fight. xnonono2x

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
xlolx
Hockey is even more communist than soccer.

I thought Dashers was one of Santa's reindeer.

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 09:08 AM
It's "APPY STATE COLLEGE" dammit. xmadx

Oh Lord, what's worse? HOT HOT HOT or APPY STATE COLLEGE. I don't know...although I like you channeling bobbythekidd with your post:

It's Bob dammit xmadx xlolx

Saint3333
December 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM

Bad idea!! xsmhx

But streamers aren'txconfusedx?

th0m
December 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM

No streamers are just annoying to non-JMU fans, which is half the fun xlolx

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xthumbsupx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
xthumbsupx

See the streamers are getting to Andy. Its only a matter of time...

***Side note. I love how the NCAA is "allowing" us to continue using our streamers as a tradition......as long as they don't hit the opposing team and feel the need to BROADCAST IT MULTIPLE TIMES BEFORE EVERY HOME GAME!

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
See the streamers are getting to Andy. Its only a matter of time...

Oh the streamers got to me immediately in 2006. I refuse to go to JMU games at Unitas Stadium. The Streamers in combination of Towson not even attempting to play for more than 10 minutes makes for an unenjoyable experience.

Plus last time I went I realized that my two daughters were wearing purple winter coats. xoopsx

Pitz
December 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Off the top of my head, I know Oregon does this as well. I'm sure there are others.

http://k41.pbase.com/u12/rianhouston/large/38376056.P9200012.jpg

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 8th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Thank god the NCAA only allows the green field, here is a shot of Boise from this year......it hurts they eyeballs! xeekx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Oh the streamers got to me immediately in 2006. I refuse to go to JMU games at Unitas Stadium. The Streamers in combination of Towson not even attempting to play for more than 10 minutes makes for an unenjoyable experience.

Plus last time I went I realized that my two daughters were wearing purple winter coats. xoopsx

Scary thought. What if said daughters grow up and become hot and then go off to JMU and marry die hard JMU football fans xlolx xlolx xlolx I mean the purple coats.......they are off to a good start.

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:39 AM
If JMU offers them a scholarship, I'll go along with it. Otherwise, they'll never know the school existed.

Oh yeah and I ain't paying for any wedding that involves purple.

Hansel
December 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/sports/hockey/images/programs/canadiens.JPG

What's a dasher?

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
If JMU offers them a scholarship, I'll go along with it. Otherwise, they'll never know the school existed.

Oh yeah and I ain't paying for any wedding that involves purple.

At least then you'd have a reason to cheer for a..........winning team. xpeacex *This was meant to be a joke for anyone other than Andy who doesn't read this thread and reports me to a mod for smack*

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM
At least then you'd have a reason to cheer for a..........winning team. xpeacex
It's been a LONG two seasons. xrolleyesx

*This was meant to be a joke for anyone other than Andy who doesn't read this thread and reports me to a mod for smack*
REPORTED! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Thank god the NCAA only allows the green field, here is a shot of Boise from this year......it hurts they eyeballs! xeekx

OMG, is that a track around the field?!?!? Que NDSU fans bashing tracks around football fields!!!! So cheap! xlolx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
OMG, is that a track around the field?!?!? Que NDSU fans bashing tracks around football fields!!!! So cheap! xlolx

Although the track gives you a nice advantage during playoffs, since it allows your student section to sit directly behind the opposing team's bench :D

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Although the track gives you a nice advantage during playoffs, since it allows your student section to sit directly behind the opposing team's bench :D

Shh! xrotatehx

KAUMASS
December 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I just went through this thread...possibly a record # of posts where no one has answered Andy's original question..I was interested myself with Andy's question. Two toned or...(not to be confused with "Jenny-867-5309" from Tommy Tutone) or rolled in different directions?

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I just went through this thread...possibly a record # of posts where no one has answered Andy's original question..I was interested myself with Andy's question. Two toned or...(not to be confused with "Jenny-867-5309" from Tommy Tutone) or rolled in different directions?

It's definitely two toned.

UD77
December 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
The reason it is two tone is that they actually mow it that way. Took the field staff a couple of months to figure out it wasn't real

whitey
December 8th, 2008, 11:00 AM
The reason it is two tone is that they actually mow it that way. Took the field staff a couple of months to figure out it wasn't real

Well forgive us for not offering students a degree in LANDSCAPING like your school does. xlolx

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
This thread is funny as *****! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

89Hen
December 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM
What's a dasher?
That light blue stripe at the bottom of the boards. It's supposed to be yellow per NHL rules. The reason it's an issue for Flyers fans is that the Flyers painted theirs orange to match the unis and the NHL immediately made them put it back to yellow, while ignoring the Canadiens and one of the other teams from Canada. xnutsx

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
That light blue stripe at the bottom of the boards. It's supposed to be yellow per NHL rules. The reason it's an issue for Flyers fans is that the Flyers painted theirs orange to match the unis and the NHL immediately made them put it back to yellow, while ignoring the Canadiens and one of the other teams from Canada. xnutsx

It's their sport man, they had to cut them some slack. :p

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM
What's a dasher?

I think a dasher is the same thing as a fluffer... xreadx

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM

I took my lack of getting an answer to no one knowing and enjoying Towson bashing better. It happens everytime bandle see's on of my questions.

Actually 89hen answered it saying Nebraska did it first.

andy7171
December 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think a dasher is the same thing as a fluffer... xreadx

Hockey just got a whole lot more interesting.

89Hen
December 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Actually 89hen answered it saying Nebraska did it first.
Hold on, I don't want to be proved wrong (for the first time)... I said NU was the first I could recall. :)

bandl
December 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hockey just got a whole lot more interesting.

Or did porn just get a whole lot more painful (for some of them)....???? xeyebrowx