PDA

View Full Version : Final thoughts!!!!

appstate38
December 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Before I take up residence in Crapsville, I would like to leave my fellow AGS'ers with a couple of thoughts.

With the Apps being soundly beaten by the Spiders hopefully this will bring balance to the force and crown a new Champion, unless JMU wins it all... Then we will have just 2 champs in 5 five years. Second our fans seemed to have gotten a little comfortable with the championship success, as evidence by the non-sellout crowd for a home playoff game. Third hopefully this loss will make the Apps that much more hungry in the off season to return to championship status. 14 seniors will be missed, But the nucleus will be back plus those who were injured most of the year.

Good luck to the FCS final 4, You guys earned it!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

achrist70
December 7th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I think that everyone knows you guys will be back next year.

gofurman
December 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Before I take up residence in Crapsville, I would like to leave my fellow AGS'ers with a couple of thoughts.

With the Apps being soundly beaten by the Spiders hopefully this will bring balance to the force and crown a new Champion, unless JMU wins it all... Then we will have just 2 champs in 5 five years. Second our fans seemed to have gotten a little comfortable with the championship success, as evidence by the non-sellout crowd for a home playoff game. Third hopefully this loss will make the Apps that much more hungry in the off season to return to championship status. 14 seniors will be missed, But the nucleus will be back plus those who were injured most of the year.

Good luck to the FCS final 4, You guys earned it!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

nicew classy post - I like it

blackNgold93
December 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM
As proud as I am of what our team has accomplished over the last three years and as dissappointed as I am in our season and streak ending, I have come to the realization that it is probably better for the sport in general to have the hardware move around. Best of luck to the remaining teams and to whoever wins it all, enjoy it all you can while you have it. Nothing lasts forever.

joecooll6
December 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM
So many App fans pouring their hearts out today.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM
(GROUP HUG) xsmiley_wix :o

Cleets
December 7th, 2008, 10:42 PM
It was an impressive run ~ We'll likely see nothing like it again (for a long long time)
However: I have this sneaking suspicion App. State will win a playoff game or three next year xnodx

~

ngineer
December 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Man, you've had a hell of a run...Can't win the NC every year..There are a lot of us just wishing we could be a 'disappointed' you are! I don't think there is much slippage and youl'll be challenging again next year.

ValleyChamp
December 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
It was a legendary run that will never be forgotten. Now, it is time for someone to win ONE title in a row. Hopefully it is the Panthers turn.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2008, 07:24 AM
It was an impressive run ~ We'll likely see nothing like it again (for a long long time)
However: I have this sneaking suspicion App. State will win a playoff game or three next year xnodx

~

how about 4 :p

OL FU
December 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I think most of us know how tough it is to win one NC. It is a combination of being a very good team and having things fall just right. But you can't get things to fall just right unless you have what it takes to get there in the first place. Three years in a row is an unprecedented and remarkable feat. You should be and, I am sure, are proudxthumbsupx xnodx

appfan2008
December 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM
wow what a great run...

am i sad? yes

but i am not nearly as depressed or upset as i thought i would be when the run would eventually come to an end... maybe that is bc we were so soundly defeated on saturday or maybe bc it almost felt like the crowd expected to win and the rest didnt even show up... i think the fact we were going to lose sunk in very early in the game with richmond and i just waited it out to cheer the guys off the field... it is good for the sport for someone else to win... it is very good for the fans to get reenergized and refocused and brought back to earth... and it is good for the team to realize something was taken from them and now they must go after it and get it... i wish we could have gone another round but it is what it is and i really cant wait for next year... we should be good!

CrackerRiley
December 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah, the good thing that comes from this lose is that it brings the App. fans back to earth and they all realize National championships aren't given to us. I could not believe the turn-out Saturday. I also hate standing in the student section around a bunch of kids that don't know how to get loud when we are on defense and expect a win to come to us.
It's too bad the people that need to know this won't read this because anyone who visits this site already knows these things.

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah, the good thing that comes from this lose is that it brings the App. fans back to earth and they all realize National championships aren't given to us. I could not believe the turn-out Saturday. I also hate standing in the student section around a bunch of kids that don't know how to get loud when we are on defense and expect a win to come to us.
It's too bad the people that need to know this won't read this because anyone who visits this site already knows these things.

I can remember standing in the student section screaming like crazy and everyone was and the stadium had 12k people in it--and that was good. Things have a changed a lot, not complaining, but those were fun days. xnodx

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I can remember standing in the student section screaming like crazy and everyone was and the stadium had 12k people in it--and that was good. Things have a changed a lot, not complaining, but those were fun days. xnodx

Strange...I seem to remember you shacked up with Jessica up in app heights for more than a couple of those games...xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Strange...I seem to remember you shacked up with Jessica up in app heights for more than a couple of those games...xsmiley_wix

xlolx Only one, because we got back late from that trip, but Joey was there to fill my space. xnodx

joecooll6
December 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I think most of us know how tough it is to win one NC. It is a combination of being a very good team and having things fall just right. But you can't get things to fall just right unless you have what it takes to get there in the first place. Three years in a row is an unprecedented and remarkable feat. You should be and, I am sure, are proudxthumbsupx xnodx

xsmhx

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
xsmhx

This year, this Mountaineer is pulling for UNI. You guys have definitely been the best program to not get one and UNI deserves it. xsmileyclapx

phillyAPP
December 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
This year, this Mountaineer is pulling for UNI. You guys have definitely been the best program to not get one and UNI deserves it. xsmileyclapx

I like ALL 4 teams and PRAY that the referree's don't WIN the next championship for a team.

If the economy wasn't so bad, i would drive the 6 hours to watch who ever makes it. ITS a great day and night of football.

I hope toi watch the games this weekend. Good luck Spiders, i'll cheer for y'all cause you beat APP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

appstate1998
December 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I think it will be good to weed out the fair weather fans and see if we still draw 30k a game next year. It is soooooo different nowadays than it was in the 90's or early 2000's. Not sure how many remember fraternities and sororoties tailgating in a horseshoe up by the baseball stadium, then later getting duck pond field. Tailgating and fan enthusiam has been amazing recently...but as a fan who has been around at games for the past 20 years I hope to see the same type of fan support next year...but you never know, because it has not always been like this.

Black and Gold Express
December 8th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I really wouldn't want to be a fan of ECU right now. They have no idea what they're getting at Dowdy-Ficklen next fall to open the season. A bunch of pissed off Mountaineers with something to prove, and a title to reclaim. And hopefully back to full strength. Its almost like a good recruiting class coming (back) in with what we can get back from injury or in Tharrington's case, academics.

Until then, go Spiders! And Go Griz this weekend!