PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game in UNI Dome?

achrist70
December 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
This is kind of for UNI fans but any one can chime in. Do you guys think this is the biggest game ever for UNI in the Dome, I know there was another semifinal game in 92, but I was 5 then so I don't remember it, and there have been some big regular season games like SIU last year. Thoughts?

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I was 4 in 1992, however, I would think that this semi's would be the biggest football game in dome history.

GoCats91
December 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
They also played a semi in 1985 at home against GSU and the first ever 1 vs 2 in FCS was against Idaho in the dome in 1992. I think the game this week is the biggest since UNI is still trying to win it's first NC.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 11:00 AM
They also played a semi in 1985 at home against GSU and the first ever 1 vs 2 in FCS was against Idaho in the dome in 1992.I think the game this week is the biggest since UNI is still trying to win it's first NC.

This has to be your biggest game at the dome so far. I don't think you'll ever play a closer game there than SIU last year, when the game was still in doubt after time expired. Good luck this week, I think the winner is who scores first.

Chi Panther
December 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
The best dome game I've been apart of is the Idaho game.

Best Playoff games were 92 YSU and 85 GSU....both semi-final games.

The Delaware game was BIG too....but we know the result there.

The game against Richmond obviously hasn't been played yet...but to be in the top 5 I would say it needs to be a crazy finish or a BIG WIN.

Go Cats!!!

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
It is one of the biggest games in the dome that is for sure. I think 1992 was the biggest because we were the #1 team in the country most of the year. I do remember going home a very sad 9 year old when the Penguins came to the dome and won 19-7

Interesting fact though, this is the first time we have had a home semifinal game when we didn't beat Eastern Washington 17-14 in the first round of the playoffs.

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
The best dome game I've been apart of is the Idaho game.

Best Playoff games were 92 YSU and 85 GSU....both semi-final games.

The Delaware game was BIG too....but we know the result there.

The game against Richmond obviously hasn't been played yet...but to be in the top 5 I would say it needs to be a crazy finish or a BIG WIN.

Go Cats!!!

That Idaho game was NUTS. 1 vs 2 and for the final to be 27-26. Man I still watch the tape of that game!

newsbreaker
December 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
A win sends us to the Championship game - a game we have only participated in one other time.

No other game is larger than that.

Chi Panther
December 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
A win sends us to the Championship game - a game we have only participated in one other time.

No other game is larger than that.

Only this will be the 3rd time....

newsbreaker
December 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Only this will be the 3rd time....

This is the one we can still win. This is the one on National TV.

I guess I don't see how anything other than "fond memories" make past games with equal value in terms of potential outcomes 'bigger' than a current one.

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
All I know is this game there damn well better be more than 9000 people there to see it.

achrist70
December 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
All I know is this game there damn well better be more than 9000 people there to see it.

Id like to see at least 16,500 but I don't know if that can happen. No one in this state seems to know how good this team is, I can say now better than last year when every game was a sellout.

TCisMYhero
December 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM
This game is huge because of its implications. We are (IMO) the best team year in and year out without a championship. This close but no cigar crap is getting old. Hopefully this battle of average offenses versus excellent defenses next week will be to our benefit. Let's have some more Dome magic!