PDA

View Full Version : ESPN come on now

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Watching sportscenter just now doing a story on the FCS playoffs said they just started today how ignorant can they be. Nice to see some coverage though.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM
The UNH reverse pass was just on top plays...

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:25 PM
that was well deserved

Wellington
December 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Why were the FCS quarterfinals games $129 for pay-per-view? Lol.

Mountain Panther
December 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Watching sportscenter just now doing a story on the FCS playoffs said they just started today how ignorant can they be. Nice to see some coverage though.

They also said this is only the second time UNI has made it to the semifinals....it's been at least six times.

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I believe Gary Rima said on OPR that UNI was 5-1 in home quarterfinal games as of the UD game last year....Now 6-1.

There is 6 times plus any road wins

pennstlbu
December 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM
They only highlighted 3 of the 4 quarterfinal games. Guess which one was not? Hmmm...East Coast Bias, anyone? xeyebrowx

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM
They only highlighted 3 of the 4 quarterfinal games. Guess which one was not? Hmmm...East Coast Bias, anyone? xeyebrowx

I noticed that too, I'm not in a position to complain though!

JayJ79
December 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
They also said this is only the second time UNI has made it to the semifinals....it's been at least six times.

UNI's semifinal games thus far:
1985 L v. Georgia Southern
1987 L @ Northeast Louisiana (Louisiana-Monroe)
1992 L v. Youngstown State
1996 L @ Marshall
2001 L @ Montana
2005 W @ Texas State

2008 ? v. Richmond

GolfingGriz
December 7th, 2008, 01:18 AM

Just saw it too. Whatever, if we keep on winning they will have to show us on sportscenter eventually.

nerd
December 7th, 2008, 01:46 AM
One other beef: Scott Van Pelt is an inaccurate, condescending idiot.

Today they showed some graphic with "FBS" in it and he said, "What used to be known as Division I."

The guy next to him quickly corrected him and said "Division I-A."

But he did the same thing last year when North Dakota State beat Minnesota, saying stuff like, 'They're moving up to D-I.' Uhm, they ARE D-I. Moron.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2008, 02:32 AM
But he did the same thing last year when North Dakota State beat Minnesota, saying stuff like, 'They're moving up to D-I.' Uhm, they ARE D-I. Moron.

Well technically, NDSU was still in the process of moving up to D-I last year, as it was their final provisional year.