PDA

View Full Version : I think it is safe to say that UNH

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
was the fastest team that UNI has played all season. It took the team a couple possessions to adjust, but once they did the game seemed to be easier for them.

Great season for UNH, and the fans that were in attendance from UNH were pretty loud.

Mountain Panther
December 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I do not agree at all with those UNH fans who said Toman is a better athlete than Santos.

This should NEVER have been a one possession game.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
That call by the coaches to throw the ball on the one yard line right before halftime, was one of the single WORST calls I have ever seen. It turned into a pick 6 and almost cost the Panthers the season. Thank GOD we were able to recover.

Big Al
December 6th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, throwing with that little time left right before the half makes absolutely no sense.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I thought that UNH's offensive gameplan of running their offense sideline to sideline instead of running up the middle, was a great gameplan. They tried to use their speed and outrun us, while taking our great D-line out of alot of plays. Really put alot of pressure on our linebackers, but they adjusted and got it done.

GREAT game. Sloppy, but extremely exciting. Cant wait till next week Panthers.

newsbreaker
December 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, throwing with that little time left right before the half makes absolutely no sense.

We did some boneheaded things tonight. That play was one.

UNI could easily have put another 14+ points up, and really should have. This very easily could've been a rout - and it just as easily could've been a UNH win.

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM

We had a TO left , 3 yards from the end zone. We could have run the jumbo package with a 280 FB and a 300 DE playing run blocker (it worked last week).

Just a bad call with a bad decision made by Grace (and a good grab by UHN DB).

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I thought that UNH had a great game plan, they couldn't really throw to the outside, but still think that they found ways to keep it close. UNI's size really is what won this game.

JayJ79
December 6th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Great season for UNH, and the fans that were in attendance from UNH were pretty loud.

Especially with their illegal noisemakers.... (well, not "illegal", but against NCAA playoff regulations). Cowbells and an air horn.

and I'm just teasing ya

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Especially with their illegal noisemakers.... (well, not "illegal", but against NCAA playoff regulations). Cowbells and an air horn.

and I'm just teasing ya
I only heard the airhorn once. Did it get taken from them?

Aeacos
December 6th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Some of the play calling by UNI was mind boggling, and the missed holding calls by the refs were disturbing but for only 9K in attendance I thought the crowd was loud. I know we in section N were screaming for the D all game. :D

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I know that I heard cowbells at the App State-Richmond game? And the use of keys/cowbell for kickoffs by UNI students is technically illegal but no one says anything except for that women that runs the dome (I don't like her and have a few choice words to describe her)

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2008, 11:47 PM
If a team gets rattled by 10,000 sets of keys rattling around, they have not right to be on the field. 10K airhorns, different story

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
If a team gets rattled by 10,000 sets of keys rattling around, they have not right to be on the field. 10K airhorns, different story

Agreed, just telling the rules, and telling about my dislike of the women incharge of the UNI dome.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I know that I heard cowbells at the App State-Richmond game? And the use of keys/cowbell for kickoffs by UNI students is technically illegal but no one says anything except for that women that runs the dome (I don't like her and have a few choice words to describe her)

Cowbells would be against NCAA playoff regulations (and against MVFC regulations during conference games), and anyone reprimanding someone for using a cowbell is only doing their job.

I really don't think keys fall under the category of artificial noisemakers. (I suppose TECHNICALLY, they are artificial. and they do make noise when shaken. but they aren't designed for that purpose)

UD77
December 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Some of the play calling by UNI was mind boggling, and the missed holding calls by the refs were disturbing but for only 9K in attendance I thought the crowd was loud. I know we in section N were screaming for the D all game. :D

You mean the missed holding calls on UNI, right? The first fumble by UNH was a face mask penalty that didn't get called. UNI should never have gotten the ball. On TV the announcers even said so. Usually has to be a pretty bad call for the TV guys to make comments about it, and they weren't UNH announcers. Also they commented on a couple of UNI DB's holding up UNH recievers that should have been interference. Good game but many mistakes on both sides. I think for every bone head call on the UNI side there were just as many on the UNH side.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 05:58 AM
was the fastest team that UNI has played all season. It took the team a couple possessions to adjust, but once they did the game seemed to be easier for them.

xconfusedx They weren't that fast. They aren't slow by any means, but Hampton was faster.

Tribe4SF
December 7th, 2008, 06:13 AM
xconfusedx They weren't that fast. They aren't slow by any means, but Hampton was faster.

UNI played Hampton?xconfusedx Must have been a lightly covered game.xrolleyesx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 06:22 AM
UNI played Hampton?xconfusedx Must have been a lightly covered game.xrolleyesx

xrolleyesx Have another cup of coffee.

SIU played UNH and Hampton. Hampton was the faster of the two.xcoffeex

JohnStOnge
December 7th, 2008, 06:23 AM
When I first read y'all talking about UNI throwing the ball from the one just before the half and UNH getting a pick six out of it, I thought you were talking about UNI throwing it from its own 1. Then I looked at the box score and saw it was a 100 yard interception return.

Knowing that and admitting I didn't see the game, I don't think throwing the ball in that situation was that bad in itself. Teams do play action passes in that situation all the time hoping to take advantage of the defense being focused on stopping a short yardage running play. If it'd been a UNI touchdown to a wide open receiver I doubt that anybody would've thought anything of it.

It would especially make sense if UNI was out of time outs and it was anything other than 4th down. What was the situation?

OxSoxUNH05
December 7th, 2008, 06:55 AM
We did some boneheaded things tonight. That play was one.

UNI could easily have put another 14+ points up, and really should have. This very easily could've been a rout - and it just as easily could've been a UNH win.

UNH played some sloppy football. I feel they could have put up another 14 points. :D Looking at the game, Toman's pick six on the failed screen and bishops blocked punt safety are huge plays for UNI/ big mistakes for UNH.

Oh well, see you guys next year xthumbsupx

nmatsen
December 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah, the officiating was not limited to just poor calls on UNH, it was alos for UNI. There were several missed calls on both sides of the ball. Oh well, we can complain about it because we won, when NH fans (not really them but the Deleware scabs) can't because they lost. Now they are just making excuses.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM

But the conversation is about who we played, buddy. :D

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
UNH played some sloppy football. I feel they could have put up another 14 points. :D Looking at the game, Toman's pick six on the failed screen and bishops blocked punt safety are huge plays for UNI/ big mistakes for UNH.

Oh well, see you guys next year xthumbsupx

That Toman pass was possibly the worst play I've seen all year, besides maybe Grace throwing right to your guy for 100 yards and 6.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
When I first read y'all talking about UNI throwing the ball from the one just before the half and UNH getting a pick six out of it, I thought you were talking about UNI throwing it from its own 1. Then I looked at the box score and saw it was a 100 yard interception return.

Knowing that and admitting I didn't see the game, I don't think throwing the ball in that situation was that bad in itself. Teams do play action passes in that situation all the time hoping to take advantage of the defense being focused on stopping a short yardage running play. If it'd been a UNI touchdown to a wide open receiver I doubt that anybody would've thought anything of it.

It would especially make sense if UNI was out of time outs and it was anything other than 4th down. What was the situation?

You're right. Teams passing on the goalline isn't a rarity. But the pass itself that got thrown was ill-advised given the coverage.

As for the game situation: It was 2nd and goal from the 2, and UNI did have 1 timeout left.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM
But the conversation is about who we played, buddy. :D

UNH isn't faster than SIU.

Hansel
December 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
\ On TV the announcers even said so. Usually has to be a pretty bad call for the TV guys to make comments about it, and they weren't UNH announcers. Also they commented on a couple of UNI DB's holding up UNH recievers that should have been interference.

the announcer doing the commentary was a total idiot

WrenFGun
December 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Yes, heh. But he said UNH was the fastest team UNI played.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 09:44 AM
UNH isn't faster than SIU.

I think they are.

JohnStOnge
December 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
You're right. Teams passing on the goalline isn't a rarity. But the pass itself that got thrown was ill-advised given the coverage.

As for the game situation: It was 2nd and goal from the 2, and UNI did have 1 timeout left.

Ok. If it was 2nd and goal from the two with one time out calling a pass makes perfect sense to me. If it's incomplete that stops the clock and you still have a time out to leave the run/pass option for the third down play. It allows you to use both downs to try to get 7 then if you do run it on third down and get stopped you can call the timeout for the field goal attempt.

I guess the coach just has to trust his QB not to take any chances with the football and just throw it away if the play's not there. I guess the QB didn't do that.

But the general idea of calling for a pass play in that situation seems pretty reasonable.

ChickenMan
December 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
UNI was the better team and deserved to win the game.. but they will have to claen up their act in a hurry to win next week.. as neither UNI or UNH played well enough to win vs a team like Richmond. Both offenses were turnover machines.. UNH was just worse.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I think they are.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because they didn't show it last week, although I do think their D was a little quicker than yours; your defense is fortunate to be getting UR instead of Appy, imo.

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Passing in that situation was fine, but I didn't like that play call. 5 wide from the 1.5 yard line is not good. There is no room for the WR's to move. I would have gone with a PA run/pass option on the boot leg with one route, and that being a drag. If the pass isn't there, and he couldn't get in running, that ball needed to go towards the mezzanine.

Oh well.

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because they didn't show it last week, although I do think their D was a little quicker than yours; your defense is fortunate to be getting UR instead of Appy, imo.I would say top to bottom they were faster. You have have a faster guy, but as a team they were faster. They may have been made faster by the astroturf though.

ChickenMan
December 7th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because they didn't show it last week, although I do think their D was a little quicker than yours; your defense is fortunate to be getting UR instead of Appy, imo.

their offense isn't... ;)

NovaHater
December 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the officiating was not limited to just poor calls on UNH, it was alos for UNI. There were several missed calls on both sides of the ball. Oh well, we can complain about it because we won, when NH fans (not really them but the Deleware scabs) can't because they lost. Now they are just making excuses.

Are you cry babies still wetting your pants over last years game ? xbawlingx

How does Delaware get in this conversation in the first place ?

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I would say top to bottom they were faster. You have have a faster guy, but as a team they were faster. They may have been made faster by the astroturf though.

Our O and their D were more closely matchd, but what I saw last week was that our D was quicker than their O, although I hadn't considered your point (a good one) about the turf.

unidustin86
December 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Passing in that situation was fine, but I didn't like that play call. 5 wide from the 1.5 yard line is not good. There is no room for the WR's to move. I would have gone with a PA run/pass option on the boot leg with one route, and that being a drag. If the pass isn't there, and he couldn't get in running, that ball needed to go towards the mezzanine.

Oh well.

They ran a pick route but the defender seen it coming and made an awesome play of the ball and a great catch. We would have score on it we would all be saying how great a call it was.
The best offensive call of the game was the UNH wr screen flee flicker that they ran for a touchdown. That was an amazing play call but UNI still
2 CAA teams down
2 MORE CAA teams LEFT

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Are you cry babies still wetting your pants over last years game ? xbawlingx

How does Delaware get in this conversation in the first place ?

Because Delaware fans are piling on every round saying we can't win. Crapsville is open. No need to bother our threads with your smack and bs. xcoffeex

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 10:26 AM
They ran a pick route but the defender seen it coming and made an awesome play of the ball and a great catch. We would have score on it we would all be saying how great a call it was.
The best offensive call of the game was the UNH wr screen flee flicker that they ran for a touchdown. That was an amazing play call but UNI still
2 CAA teams down
2 MORE CAA teams LEFT

UNH's FS is a stud, clearly their best player. He was the single biggest factor last week.

NovaHater
December 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Because Delaware fans are piling on every round saying we can't win. Crapsville is open. No need to bother our threads with your smack and bs. xcoffeex

Oh I see, this is smack, but a UNI fan referring to Delaware fans as scabs is proper etiquette here ?

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Oh I see, this is smack, but a UNI fan referring to Delaware fans as scabs is proper etiquette here ?

It's proper etiquette anywhere.

Uncle Buck
December 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I think both teams had calls go bad both ways and i think both offensive units were sloppy. Toman looked horrible and made some terrible decisions, especially the throwback screen where he just heaved it and didn't look.

This game could have gone either way and i honestly don't think either team was clear cut better IMO. All in all, both teams made mistakes and take away the mistakes, i still think it's a barn burner by two very different but equal squads.

UNHCATSFAN
December 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I thought UNH fought hard until the final whistle, but things didnt work out the way we had hoped they would. UNH's O-line i thought did a damn good job against their toughest task of the season. 2 sacks allowed, one RJ could have and should have stepped up and the 2nd was a matchup with Ruffin on a RB (Ruffin will win that 100 out of 100) Same goes for the defense, made plays when they needed to. The pick 6 was huge at a key point in the game.

It was a hell of a season for sure in a year when no one thought we'd amount to anything. It was fun.

ericsaid
December 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Your going to need your Dome Magic for Richmond. I'm pulling for UNI in this one though.

Mountain Panther
December 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Your going to need your Dome Magic for Richmond. I'm pulling for UNI in this one though.

Thanks! That was a proper post for # 1000.

GannonFan
December 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM
2 CAA teams down
2 MORE CAA teams LEFT

2 CAA North teams down, 2 CAA South teams left. Important clarification. xthumbsupx

NovaHater
December 7th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Since the title of this thread is : I think it is safe to say that UNH.....

I think it is safe to say that UNH needs to finish a season ranked #1 or 2 to ever get a home game. You guys win the CAA North and the respect you get is 2 trips to the midwest.

Year after year, it seems UNH gets the same treatment, yet some of these overrated conferences with their automatic qualifiers year after year get seeded and seldom end up having to travel.

DTSpider
December 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I have a feeling that UNI fans won't be saying that UNH is the fastest team they faced after this weekend :)

ericsaid
December 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Richmond is pretty fast, but they're offense is nothing more than average. It's just the great defense they have so I guess this goes back to the old saying "The best offense is a good defense", and that is exactly what philosophy UR plays by it seems.

Good luck to both teams but I hope twice as much of that luck goes to UNI because they will need it more.

nmatsen
December 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Yes, two CAA teams left, you would think that is expected seings how half of the at-large selections were from the CAA, not saying they didn't deserve it, just saying there should be two left. Especially considering that one of them is the 1 seed.

Yes, we should be saying that Richmond is the best team we will have seen yet, that is how it is supposed to work in the NATIONAL PLAYOFF SEMI FINALS.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM

I think it is safe to say that UNH needs to finish a season ranked #1 or 2 to ever get a home game. You guys win the CAA North and the respect you get is 2 trips to the midwest.

Year after year, it seems UNH gets the same treatment, yet some of these overrated conferences with their automatic qualifiers year after year get seeded and seldom end up having to travel.

Ummm...........let's see...... UNI played, and won, at UNH in 2005 so they got respect that year as the #1 seed. UNI was seeded #1 last year, so UNH had to travel to the fabulous UNI-Dome. This year UNH had to travel to unseeded SIU. Gee.........I wonder why UNH did not get the home game??? Could it be their crappy facilities and their lack of a competitive bid?? Or is it the obvious bias of the committee not respecting the CAA???:D :D :D :D :D :D

Honestly, It's posters like this that make me want to puke. Less than an Einstein, that's for sure.xcoolx xcoolx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx

smcwildcat
December 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I think its safe to say that.... UNH will be back thats for damn sure -D returns and I think one thing tha no one talked about was the loss of Dino Vasso in the first Q..... hes an amazingly huge part of our D and we had let up huge long pass plays after he was gone....kinda wierd bc last year in the dome we lost Souza too it sucks we lost but we will be a force to reckin with the next couple of years...good luck UNI but go Richmond

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 01:21 PM

If you don't want to travel do like the other teams and win your conference.xcoffeex

ericsaid
December 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM
If you don't want to travel do like the other teams and win your conference.xcoffeex

I second this.

UNHFootballAlum
December 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM

You are right about having to travel, but this is a HUGE call for UNH to get the financing for a new stadium. The way this team has attracted great talen over the past 5 years is unbelievable given the facitilities. If UNH wants to go to the next level, we will need a new stadium

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Unless your Wofford circa last year.

UNHFootballAlum
December 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Ummm...........let's see...... UNI played, and won, at UNH in 2005 so they got respect that year as the #1 seed. UNI was seeded #1 last year, so UNH had to travel to the fabulous UNI-Dome. This year UNH had to travel to unseeded SIU. Gee.........I wonder why UNH did not get the home game??? Could it be their crappy facilities and their lack of a competitive bid?? Or is it the obvious bias of the committee not respecting the CAA???:D :D :D :D :D :D

Honestly, It's posters like this that make me want to puke. Less than an Einstein, that's for sure.xcoolx xcoolx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx

It may be bias by the committee to match us up with a team that they know will outbid us so they do not have to give us a home game

achrist70
December 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
It may be bias by the committee to match us up with a team that they know will outbid us so they do not have to give us a home game

As many of your fans have said though that you need to really improve your facilities.

UNHFootballAlum
December 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
As many of your fans have said though that you need to really improve your facilities.

And I said it above too, but that still doesn't mean that there is not bias among the committee to make sure that we do not get a home playoff game

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM

Why the f*** do you think I am a proponent of that comment just because I like UNI? I'm tired of the BS on this website. Would love to talk some f***ing football.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM

Dome Magic is overrated. Wish UNI fans would drop it. It's a great homefield advantage, but UR can handle it.

GannonFan
December 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM

The irony being that UNI didn't even win their conference's autobid, lost head to head with the team that did and had the same overall record, yet somehow got a #3 seed. xcoffeex

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
The irony being that UNI didn't even win their conference's autobid, lost head to head with the team that did and had the same overall record, yet somehow got a #3 seed. xcoffeex

SIU showed why they didn't get the seed. Had they won the first game we would've showed them ourselves. :D

GannonFan
December 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
SIU showed why they didn't get the seed. Had they won the first game we would've showed them ourselves. :D

I don't disagree with the way things turned out - obviously SIU was not good enough, and I certainly think UNI would've won the quarterfinal matchup, especially considering it would've come in the UNIDome - the question is, should SIU have gotten Maine in the first round and should SIU have had the seed and the quarterfinal matchup occurred in Carbondale? The regular season should've made that happen, especially if we're going to rag on UNH for not winning their conference.

UNI Pike
December 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
SIU lost to 9-3 Northwestern & 6-5 NDSU.

UNI lost to 10-2 BYU & 9-2 (9-3 if counting playoffs) SIU.

Also, your are trying to tell us that the committee is BIASED by awarding the seed / home games to UNI, historically a high bidder? Come on, that never happens. You can't say the committee is biased when they selected 5 CAA teams.

UNI - 2008 CAA North Champions

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
And I said it above too, but that still doesn't mean that there is not bias among the committee to make sure that we do not get a home playoff game

Jesus, you get five teams in the playoffs and then complain that you don't get a home game?xeyebrowx

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Jesus, you get five teams in the playoffs and then complain that you don't get a home game?xeyebrowx
All 5 CAA teams should have have a first round home game.

ValleyChamp
December 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM

Not only are they in the CAA, and not only are in in the heart of the East coast, but THEY are complaining about a bias.....xlolx xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't disagree with the way things turned out - obviously SIU was not good enough, and I certainly think UNI would've won the quarterfinal matchup, especially considering it would've come in the UNIDome - the question is, should SIU have gotten Maine in the first round and should SIU have had the seed and the quarterfinal matchup occurred in Carbondale? The regular season should've made that happen, especially if we're going to rag on UNH for not winning their conference.

I thought that's what the regular season was for.

OxSoxUNH05
December 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
we really can't complain about not getting a home game until the school decides to invest more into the program. I've seen plenty of High Schools here in "football crazed" new england that have better facilities.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM

If we could have tuned up on a team that didn't belong in the playoffs we'd have beat you again in Carbondale.xnodx Your defense gave up a lot of points to their offense considering all the pre-game talk about them last week. IMO, SIU's smaller defense played them tougher, giving up only one TD despite UNH starting at least four drives in SIU territory. Held Kackert to 50 yards with a long of 14 and gave up four 1st downs rushing.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
If we could have tuned up on a team that didn't belong in the playoffs we'd have beat you again in Carbondale.xnodx Your defense gave up a lot of points to their offense considering all the pre-game talk about them last week. IMO, SIU's smaller defense played them tougher, giving up only one TD despite UNH starting at least four drives in SIU territory. Held Kackert to 50 yards with a long of 14 and gave up four 1st downs rushing.

We're still playing.

Sincerely,
Rob xthumbsupx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
We're still playing.

Sincerely,
Rob xthumbsupx

We have a National Championship.

Sincerely,
Tom xthumbsupx

nmatsen
December 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
That is essentially the Chicago Cubs telling the Tampa Bay Rays.

"We have a National Championship"

If none of the players on your current team were alive when it happened, it means nothing.

TCisMYhero
December 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Sincerely,
Tom xthumbsupx

And no chance to add to that in '08. xlolx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
That is essentially the Chicago Cubs telling the Tampa Bay Rays.

"We have a National Championship"

If none of the players on your current team were alive when it happened, it means nothing.

xlolx Yes it does or you wouldn't have responded. Call me if you're in the area and I'll take you over to campus and you can see what one looks like.xnodx

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM

Sincerely,
Tom xthumbsupx

I know. I saw the players hobble across the field at halftime in C-dale.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
And no chance to add to that in '08. xlolx

:D We'll be back. With 10 starters on defense and 7 on offense.

Wait until you see our QB who sat out his transfer year this year.xnodx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I know. I saw the players hobble across the field at halftime in C-dale.

I'm surprised that you could see anything at halftime the way you were getting abused. I think it was Child Protective Services that made us ease up in the second half.xnodx

TCisMYhero
December 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
:D We'll be back. With 10 starters on defense and 7 on offense.

Wait until you see our QB who sat out his transfer year this year.xnodx

You truly are becoming more and more like your northern friends, the Cubs.xlolx First it was Wood, then Soriano, then Lee, then Zambrano. Next year is a long ways away when we've got a game in the Dome this Saturday. Anyways, enjoy watching the game from your lazy boy, I'll be sure to drink plenty of water that day so I can yell good and loud.

ValleyChamp
December 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
A championship before you joined OUR conference does not hold any weight with me.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
You truly are becoming more and more like your northern friends, the Cubs.

xnonox That's a different state, this is Cardinal country.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
A championship before you joined OUR conference does not hold any weight with me.

You don't count. Already beat you.xcoffeex

TCisMYhero
December 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
xnonox That's a different state, this is Cardinal country.

Sorry it took me so long, I was trying to order a ticket to Saturday's gamexcoffeex .

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm surprised that you could see anything at halftime the way you were getting abused. I think it was Child Protective Services that made us ease up in the second half.xnodx

you must have been the guy who turned to us at halftime and started chanting overrated and then looked like a moron when we tied it up.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2008, 07:42 PM

This is the the greatest, most intelligent, well thought out post in the history of AGS. Absolutely brilliant!! The committee intentionally matches UNH with teams that they know will outbid you and have better facilities!!! Wow!! Amazing knowledge!!

I challenge you to name one FCS school that has crappier facilities than UNH and bids less for playoff games. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

edit: UNHFootball Alum is amazingly smart and perceptive. That rascally committee is intentionally trying to screw over UNH. We need the Supreme Court to intervene.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
To UNH fans that think you are getting screwed: Man up and build a better stadium and bid more $$$ for playoff games. If you can't do that then Shut the **** up!!!

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
you must have been the guy who turned to us at halftime and started chanting overrated and then looked like a moron when we tied it up.

Nope wasn't me, I don't think you're overrated, you were supposed to win the conference; but it sounds like you heard what he was sayin'. Understandable when the fifth-place pick sends you on that long ride home.

ValleyChamp
December 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Wait till next year when SIU is picked 1st and finishes 5th, while the Panthers bring home yet another trophy.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
This is the the greatest, most intelligent, well thought out post in the history of AGS. Absolutely brilliant!! The committee intentionally matches UNH with teams that they know will outbid you and have better facilities!!! Wow!! Amazing knowledge!!

I challenge you to name one FCS school that has crappier facilities than UNH and bids less for playoff games. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

edit: UNHFootball Alum is amazingly smart and perceptive. That rascally committee is intentionally trying to screw over UNH. We need the Supreme Court to intervene.

Must be that damn CAA AD in charge of the selection committe for this season and last. Wasn't for him the CAA would have had seven teams in.

nmatsen
December 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM
xlolx Yes it does or you wouldn't have responded. Call me if you're in the area and I'll take you over to campus and you can see what one looks like.xnodx

If you are willing, I will take you up on that. I will be at the Pinch Penny pub on Wednesday December 17th on my way to Chattanoogaxsmiley_wix

We stayed the night in C dale in 05' what a great GREAT time.

ValleyChamp
December 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I know SIU will be rooting for the Panthers on Saturday.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Must be that damn CAA AD in charge of the selection committe for this season and last. Wasn't for him the CAA would have had seven teams in.

I get so freaking tired of "challenged" posters that think that their team is getting screwed. The guidelines are clear: Get a seed or outbid the competition if you want a home game. If you can't build a new stadium and bid with the big boys, then quit complaining or consider Division II ball.

UNI Pike
December 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Nope wasn't me, I don't think you're overrated, you were supposed to win the conference; but it sounds like you heard what he was sayin'. Understandable when the fifth-place pick sends you on that long ride home.

NDSU was picked to win the conference - shows you wants sports writers know

Team (first-place votes) Points
1. North Dakota State (13) 289
2. Northern Iowa (15) 275
3. Youngstown State (1) 209
4. Western Illinois (4) 202
5. Southern Illinois (2) 201
6. South Dakota State 149
7. Missouri State 105
8. Illinois State 104
9. Indiana State 41

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
If you are willing, I will take you up on that. I will be at the Pinch Penny pub on Wednesday December 17th on my way to Chattanoogaxsmiley_wix

Now that is some smack.xbowx

I will get band practice moved so I can make it to the Pinch and meet you.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
NDSU was picked to win the conference - shows you wants sports writers know

Team (first-place votes) Points
1. North Dakota State (13) 289
2. Northern Iowa (15) 275
3. Youngstown State (1) 209
4. Western Illinois (4) 202
5. Southern Illinois (2) 201
6. South Dakota State 149
7. Missouri State 105
8. Illinois State 104
9. Indiana State 41

xpeacex Just smackin' Rob.

UNI Pike
December 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Please, pick on someone your own age...

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Please, pick on someone your own age...

xeyebrowx I doubt there are many of those here.......

WrenFGun
December 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
UNH's bid apparently wasn't even close to SIU's. If it's close, maybe you have an argument. If UNH isn't going to make the bid, they've got no right to get a home game without a seed, which they had no right to get after losing to 'Nova. Everyone knew we'd be on the road. The way UNH played against UNI, they don't win that game anywhere, Durham or otherwise.

Making that excuse makes UNH fans look petty, IMO.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
xeyebrowx I doubt there are many of those here.......

how old ARE you? xconfusedx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
how old ARE you? xconfusedx

Well, Cap'n Cat seems a nice young fellow.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, Cap'n Cat seems a nice young fellow.

Wow.

A little trivia knowledge for you. My uncle was a prof at SIU forever. Just left like 2 years ago.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Wow.

A little trivia knowledge for you. My uncle was a prof at SIU forever. Just left like 2 years ago.

Cool. What field? My wife is a prof there too.

D1B
December 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM

Yawn, look at the body of work.xcoffeex Also, looks like they were right on with UNI being a 3 seed.

smcwildcat
December 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM
ya i really didnt think this was the... well its safe to say UNI and SIU hate eachother -post

ValleyChamp
December 8th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Salukis, I'm confused. You said that you won the Valley, but I'm trying to figure out the guys in this picture are carrying? Help me out.;)

http://wcfcourier.com/shared-content/gallery/?galleryid=34&gallery_page=0&album_page=3&albumid=174&mediaid=5075

Houndawg
December 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Salukis, I'm confused. You said that you won the Valley, but I'm trying to figure out the guys in this picture are carrying? Help me out.;)

http://wcfcourier.com/shared-content/gallery/?galleryid=34&gallery_page=0&album_page=3&albumid=174&mediaid=5075

Yes, you are, Valley Co-champ. BTW we had fun playing "priest and altar-boy" with you this year. Thanks for the good time.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Dome Magic is overrated. Wish UNI fans would drop it. It's a great homefield advantage, but UR can handle it.

Right Rob....it's the team you've got playing not the building they play in.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Yawn, look at the body of work.xcoffeex Also, looks like they were right on with UNI being a 3 seed.

Like I said, I see a big ol head to head matchup that UNI lost. They played basically the same schedule outside of which FBS team they both lost to, and SIU won the game when they met on the field, and they finished tied at the end of the year.

I don't think things would've ended up that differently, if at all. Heck, Maine might have beaten SIU and then UNI would've gotten UNH and Maine but in a different order, and still been playing host to Richmond this weekend (who they would've outbid even if they didn't have the seed). I just think it's amazing how two conference teams who play basically the same schedule, end up tied, and the team that lost the head to head matchup got the seed while the team that won the head to head matchup didn't.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Like I said, I see a big ol head to head matchup that UNI lost. They played basically the same schedule outside of which FBS team they both lost to, and SIU won the game when they met on the field, and they finished tied at the end of the year.

I don't think things would've ended up that differently, if at all. Heck, Maine might have beaten SIU and then UNI would've gotten UNH and Maine but in a different order, and still been playing host to Richmond this weekend (who they would've outbid even if they didn't have the seed). I just think it's amazing how two conference teams who play basically the same schedule, end up tied, and the team that lost the head to head matchup got the seed while the team that won the head to head matchup didn't.

Kind of undermines the whole FCS "we settle it on the field" schtick, hell, we could have rested some injuries that week. I wonder what the excuse will be next year when we pimp-slap them all around the dome.

ChickenMan
December 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM

That "body of work" included zero regular season wins over playoff caliber teams. Villanova deserved that seed based on performance.. Nova played a tougher schedule.. lost to the #1 ranked FCS team.. beat two playoff teams (Richmond & UNH) and a third (W&M) that should have been in the playoffs. Who did UNI beat in the regular season???

UNI got the bid based on $$$.. pure and simple.

nmatsen
December 8th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Okay, thanks for the bid though, it sure will be nice to host yet another CAA team in the dome this weekend. You should come Chicken Man!

GannonFan
December 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Okay, thanks for the bid though, it sure will be nice to host yet another CAA team in the dome this weekend. You should come Chicken Man!

Eh, you've seen one CAA South team beat UNI in the Dome and you've seen them all. xlolx :p

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Good luck with your first CAA South team.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Eh, you've seen one CAA South team beat UNI in the Dome and you've seen them all. xlolx :p

xlolx xlolx xlolx

ChickenMan
December 8th, 2008, 09:58 AM

I can't.. I think I've lost my mind.. advocating for Villanova... xeekx

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I can't.. I think I've lost my mind.. advocating for Villanova... xeekx

Go for the Gold and advocate for JMU xrotatehx

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Well we lost to SIU, but we did something SIU couldn't beat UNH at home in the playoffs. So tell me which team was better NOW? Not who was better in the 4th week of the season.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well we lost to SIU, but we did something SIU couldn't beat UNH at home in the playoffs. So tell me which team was better NOW? Not who was better in the 4th week of the season.

I believe the argument was over who was the more deserving team when the regular season ended. What either team did after that really shouldn't be part of the decision over how to place them in the playoffs, unless you think the committee was simply clairvoyant (although that never comes up in the guidelines).

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I understand what you are saying. I was kind of talking to the SIU fans that think they were still better than us.

I, however, was one of the UNI fans that felt we didn't deserve a seed. I was saying Villanova deserved one. After looking at their record and schedule I think Richmond should have been in that argument as well. I think we have a team that this year would have been good enough to make it this far whether or not we were playing at home. I think we got some respect from the committee this year based on our success last year. I really don't know why the committee picked us instead of SIU, except that their one FCS loss could have been considered a "worse" loss than our one FCS loss.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I understand what you are saying. I was kind of talking to the SIU fans that think they were still better than us.

I, however, was one of the UNI fans that felt we didn't deserve a seed. I was saying Villanova deserved one. After looking at their record and schedule I think Richmond should have been in that argument as well. I think we have a team that this year would have been good enough to make it this far whether or not we were playing at home. I think we got some respect from the committee this year based on our success last year. I really don't know why the committee picked us instead of SIU, except that their one FCS loss could have been considered a "worse" loss than our one FCS loss.

And I wouldn't have picked nova for the seed - I think winning a major conference is important, and nova didn't win their conference. I'm fine with two seeds from the same conference if it falls out that way, but I thought SIU had a pretty decent resume (losing to NW St and then losing in the FargoDome isn't a bad resume). Obviously SIU wasn't that great of a team and certainly now, with two playoff rounds behind us, SIU wasn't one of the 4 best teams in the country, but the committee didn't have the playoffs as evidence of that when they made their pick. I'm actually surprised more people didn't raise cain about SIU's snubbing and UNI's elevation. Like I said, UNI would still probably be where they are today (unless the pairings changed drastically) but UNI getting a seed over SIU just rung odd to me.

Big Al
December 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I really don't know why the committee picked us instead of SIU, except that their one FCS loss could have been considered a "worse" loss than our one FCS loss.

I think the logic for picking UNI over SIU is the same as picking Montana over WSU -- stronger performance at the end of the season. SIU seemed to limp into the postseason, rather than win convincingly. Remember, they had to go into overtime to beat the 3-8 Redbirds.

ChickenMan
December 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I think the logic for picking UNI over SIU is the same as picking Montana over WSU --

$$$... ;)

and Delaware has also been at times the beneficiary of that similar logic...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Right Rob....it's the team you've got playing not the building they play in.

The size and quality of the UNI lines is the major factor. And that frickin' turf is a bigger factor than the noise. I can't believe you guys play so many games there without more injuries. Got to give you props for that.

I was waiting for posters to say that the illegal procedure calls were the result of the Dome when in reality UNH had multiple every game this year.

I said it before, but the crowd at Delaware is just as loud and great preparation for games in the Dome. The piped in music on the other hand puts the noise level over the top, but that can't be played during the play on the field thankfully.

The UNI fans are great, making noise on all third downs, all second and longs and even any first and longs. If you aren't prepared for that then you'll be in trouble. I think in general UNH had methods both years to deal with it. From what I read, I'm not sure that Maine was as prepared (no procedure calls all year then four in the Dome). Richmond plays at JMU and Delaware every other year so I think they'll be prepared. Only time will tell.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I think the logic for picking UNI over SIU is the same as picking Montana over WSU -- stronger performance at the end of the season. SIU seemed to limp into the postseason, rather than win convincingly. Remember, they had to go into overtime to beat the 3-8 Redbirds.

We did limp in, but that isn't the point. The reason you play conference games is for advantages at playoff time. The bodies of work were similar enough that head-to-head should have been the deciding factor. Water under the bridge now, and we might have lost to UNH in the second round anyway.

xnonox The NCAA has more money than the Vatican and should be able to put on a proper playoff with all the participants seeded. Wouldn't take more than a tiny amount of the obscene amounts of money the cheap SOBs rake in every year.

GannonFan
December 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I said it before, but the crowd at Delaware is just as loud and great preparation for games in the Dome. The piped in music on the other hand puts the noise level over the top, but that can't be played during the play on the field thankfully.

While I appreciate the UD love in this post, there's no way that Delaware is just as loud as the UNIDome. There's only about 5-6,000 more people in Delaware Stadium, but there's just no getting around the fact that a Dome is a Dome. When UD played there last year Delaware's center couldn't hear the QB, even when the QB bent over and yelled the audible right in the guy's ear. That's just loud. Now of course, loud doesn't win ballgames, but there's no way that Delaware is as loud as the UNIDome (but I do take the point that while not as loud, UD is certainly loud at times and that can be good practice in and of itself).

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2008, 07:36 PM
While I appreciate the UD love in this post, there's no way that Delaware is just as loud as the UNIDome. There's only about 5-6,000 more people in Delaware Stadium, but there's just no getting around the fact that a Dome is a Dome. When UD played there last year Delaware's center couldn't hear the QB, even when the QB bent over and yelled the audible right in the guy's ear. That's just loud. Now of course, loud doesn't win ballgames, but there's no way that Delaware is as loud as the UNIDome (but I do take the point that while not as loud, UD is certainly loud at times and that can be good practice in and of itself).

FWIW, I didn't base my opinion on discussions with any of our OL'men. I just based it on my own hearing sitting in the stands for two UNH games at the Dome and the 2004 and 2006 UNH-UD games at the Tub. Very unscientific for sure. Just my xtwocentsx I guess my main point was that the noise level at the Dome wasn't a quantum leap up the decibel scale from what had been experienced at Delaware.

Chi Panther
December 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM

I appreciate the honesty Gannon.

People that have not attended a 15K plus UNI Crowd really can't comment on it or appreciate it.

This was just in the Des Moines Register today. We have a Notre Dame transfer who was the Missouri State player of the year.....here are his comments...

Even former Notre Dame player D.J. Hord, who made a key one-handed grab for the Panthers Saturday, has taken notice of the noise level.

He's played in Michigan's Big House, but loves the din in the Panthers' den.

"The sound stays trapped in, so it's just as loud," Hord said. "It's a great experience. A great feeling to play here."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081209/SPORTS020702/812090365

I just can't wait for Hord to experience a sellout....

GannonFan
December 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I appreciate the honesty Gannon.

People that have not attended a 15K plus UNI Crowd really can't comment on it or appreciate it.

This was just in the Des Moines Register today. We have a Notre Dame transfer who was the Missouri State player of the year.....here are his comments...

Even former Notre Dame player D.J. Hord, who made a key one-handed grab for the Panthers Saturday, has taken notice of the noise level.

He's played in Michigan's Big House, but loves the din in the Panthers' den.

"The sound stays trapped in, so it's just as loud," Hord said. "It's a great experience. A great feeling to play here."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081209/SPORTS020702/812090365

I just can't wait for Hord to experience a sellout....

Wait a minute, a former ND player??? Do you mean, a transfer????? OMG, and here I was led to believe that only UD took transfers. I'm agog and aghast. xlolx