PDA

View Full Version : App fans showed class!

spdram
December 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Just back from Boone and had to get on the site to say the App fans were absolute class today! Before and after the game, they were fans of their team, but friendly and gracious hosts to the Spiders. I cannot even guess how many App fans came out of their way to congratulate the Spiders. Thanks for the hospitality, hats off to you!!

Regroup and get ready for next year, I know you will be back.

Jerbearasu
December 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. You had a nice contingent of fans as well. Two great groups (one in the upper deck and also one in the regular spot below). Good luck the rest of the way!

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
i can personally say that i congratulated a few spider fans on a very good game. richmond fans were very appreciated because they knew what was going on. contrary to popular belief, app fans know FCS football and they know a good team when they see them, UR did a number on us today and I personally wish them the best of luck from here on out.

mistersykes
December 6th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear that you were treated well, spdram. I congratulated all the spiders I saw. You've got some passionate fans and a hell of a team.

Spiders05
December 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I had heard plenty of horror stories in the past and I wasn't able to make it to Boone last year for the game, but I wanted to post on here as well re: the great ASU fans that I came across. Had a large number wish us the best after the game and congratulate us on our team. We had a couple of idiot students near us, but those are pretty par for the course at any school. Most everyone we came across was fantastic, so hats off to you all!

I was a little disappointed with the turnout though from the ASU faithful -- any ideas on why it wasn't sold out? I was happy to see so many stay to the end to congratulate their team and Moore on their run over the past years.

Congrats to App St. -- it was one heck of a run.

mistersykes
December 6th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I had heard plenty of horror stories in the past and I wasn't able to make it to Boone last year for the game, but I wanted to post on here as well re: the great ASU fans that I came across. Had a large number wish us the best after the game and congratulate us on our team. We had a couple of idiot students near us, but those are pretty par for the course at any school. Most everyone we came across was fantastic, so hats off to you all!

I was a little disappointed with the turnout though from the ASU faithful -- any ideas on why it wasn't sold out? I was happy to see so many stay to the end to congratulate their team and Moore on their run over the past years.

Congrats to App St. -- it was one heck of a run.

I think that the lower turnout (15,215) was probably due to a combination of the noon kickoff, local tv coverage, cold/snowy weather, and exams.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and were treated well. Hope you enjoyed the snow, too! I know we usually get overshadowed by the "idiot students", but some students know the game and also know how to be respectful. Good luck to the spiders in the semis.

Mntneer
December 7th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I was in the west stands and I gotta say you guys were pretty loud considering the number of you there were. Congrats again on a solid win. I only wish you could have seen us at our best :(

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 07:01 AM
We've never sold out a playoff game. The closest "fan base" is probably, at best, two hours away and it is the holidays. I don't know why we never have. I think that's pretty accurate for most FCS teams in the playoffs (except maybe Montana).

Edge316007
December 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
We've never sold out a playoff game. The closest "fan base" is probably, at best, two hours away and it is the holidays. I don't know why we never have. I think that's pretty accurate for most FCS teams in the playoffs (except maybe Montana).

Technically, the 24k or whatever it was last year was sold out for the Richmond game.

As for this game, I heard someone mention that they were trying to keep all fans off the grass. I heard that they had guards over there and gates and such, but I never went over there myself. I figured we'd get much more than 15k though.

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Technically, the 24k or whatever it was last year was sold out for the Richmond game.

As for this game, I heard someone mention that they were trying to keep all fans off the grass. I heard that they had guards over there and gates and such, but I never went over there myself. I figured we'd get much more than 15k though.

That says enough...didn't hear it told as such. Especially when, earlier that year, 28k was a sell out, but I'm not a mathematician. To me, there's a different between "filling all of the seats" and "selling as many tickets as we want to sell." Which is what happened last year. In my mind, not a sell out. Of course, that wasn't really the point of my post, but good job. xthumbsupx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2008, 10:24 AM
You guys should stop splitting hairs about how many people showed up yesterday ... and why some didn't.

The ones that were there were classy!

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM
You guys should stop splitting hairs about how many people showed up yesterday ... and why some didn't.

The ones that were there were classy!

Just answering a UR fan's question BHCE. I was there, thanks for saying I was classy. :D I didn't enjoy the game or the outcome, but was impressed with UR's team. No drop off from last year, just improvement.