PDA

View Full Version : Will Finley sell out now that App is out?

AppMAN04
December 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Now that ASU are out of the playoffs will the championship games sell out? Everyone from ASU are selling their tickets as we speak. I think the only way it sells out is if Richmond And JMU are in the Championship game. what do you think?http://www.collegecharlie.com/fcs.html

bandl
December 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Don't know. I can't read the future yet. Working on it though.

T-Dog
December 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I need to sell my ticket. xbawlingx

Normally I would go regardless but now that my team isn't in it, I don't know if I want to put that financial strain on myself.

And it depends who makes it. If JMU or Montana makes it, maybe. If UNI along with JMU or Montana makes it, that's the best chance of it happening.

th0m
December 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well....didn't a lot of ASU fans already buy their tickets? So it could technically could be a sell-out, but some spectators could be dressed as empty seats.

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'd say JMU-UNI is the only hope for even approaching a sellout at this point. JMU-Richmond would draw 15K probably.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I thought it had already sold out except for the allotment to the participants.

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'd say JMU-UNI is the only hope for even approaching a sellout at this point. JMU-Richmond would draw 15K probably.
Montana fans would travel well...I've seen a handful of them in Chattanooga when they weren't even playing.

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Montana fans would travel well...I've seen a handful of them in Chattanooga when they weren't even playing.

But then JMU would be out and you'd be lucky to get 10K.

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
IF UNI is lucky enough to make it....ASU fans still need to show up and hopefully watch UNI win their first title....just like how UNI fans watched ASU win their first.xthumbsupx xpeacex xnodx xbowx

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
IF UNI is lucky enough to make it....ASU fans still need to show up and hopefully watch UNI win their first title....just like how UNI fans watched ASU win their first.xthumbsupx xpeacex xnodx xbowx

Watching on ESPN 360, they left in droves and didn't stay today to cheer their own team at the end of a remarkable multi-year run. What makes you think they give a poop about UNI?

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Watching on ESPN 360, they left in droves and didn't stay today to cheer their own team at the end of a remarkable multi-year run. What makes you think they give a poop about UNI?

Agree with ya...but my point is on location. Some of the SoCon fans have to show up....

mainejeff
December 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
To answer the original question.......who cares? It's about crowning the national champion, not about worrying how much $$$ the NCAA makes.

If they are worried about getting more casual fans to turn out then have the game in Orlando or Vegas.......end of story. xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM

xeyebrowx I think you may have already been therexlolx I'm still kicking around the idea of making the trip. Will see if the old roommate still wants to make the trip. As to 93's comment about the fans who left, many stayed and thanked our young men for their effort and sacrificexthumbsupx Coach commented on the postgame show how much it meant.

Appguy
December 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
indeed, that was making me mad, esp when we were still in it, I stayed till the final TD going up more than 2 scores

MountaineerGuy
December 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Guess you were watching what someone wanted you to see then. The stands I were in still had more fans that most of the teams in this league have at any point on any saturday, cheering thank you's to seniors and "It's great to be a Mountaineer"

More people stayed to see The Waltz today than any I've personally ever seen. And it was cooooooold.

Call it being a homer, but I hate when people who aren't in Boone like to criticize the people of Boone, and the fans that support the team that plays there.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Even if it is UNI and Montana I don't think we will match last year's attendance.

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
To answer the original question.......who cares? It's about crowning the national champion, not about worrying how much $$$ the NCAA makes.

If they are worried about getting more casual fans to turn out then have the game in Orlando or Vegas.......end of story. xthumbsupx

Bingo!!!!1

Trying to get back on my Christmas card list jeff? xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Because around 10K tickets were probably lit on fire tonight I don't think it will sell out.

Of all the teams that are left, I could only see JMU and Montana selling out... too bad that cannot happen.

proasu89
December 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Because around 10K tickets were probably lit on fire tonight I don't think it will sell out.

Of all the teams that are left, I could only see JMU and Montana selling out... too bad that cannot happen.

Fire sale maybe, not quite ready to strike the match just yet. ;)

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Call it being a homer, but I hate when people who aren't in Boone like to criticize the people of Boone, and the fans that support the team that plays there.

Amen!

I bet hotels got a lot of calls beginning 3pm to cancel reservations too.

blukeys
December 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
For the Chatty Chamber of Commerce Crowd, The best scenario would be:

JMU against UNI
JMU against Richmond
JMU against UNH

In that order.

Sorry Montana fans. JMU can and will drive to this game as evidenced when they beat the Griz in 2004.

That being said the Chatty crowd would love to see a JMU - UM rematch but that will happen in Harrisonburg on Saturday.

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
It's what the FCS deserves.. Championship games functioning as Home games is total bull (which it what it's been)

The Final Game should be in a place where it's not expensive to stay and not expensive to get to...
as apposed to a home game for SoCon teams xlolx (which is nice I'm sure) but seriously...

Las Vegas
TCU (Dallas Fort Worth)
Chicago
Atlanta

all very cheap to get to
all very easy to get to from any where
all have great sports complexes ready for the taking

instead...
try to get to Chattanooga from Ogden Utah or Scottsdale or From anywhere west of the Mississippi

why not just eliminate all teams west of the Mississippi from the get go... it'll "save a lot of Money"
Since that seem to be the Key concern above fairness and honest competition

xlolx

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2008, 08:33 PM
It's what the FCS deserves.. Championship games functioning as Home games is total bull (which it what it's been)

The Final Game should be in a place where it's not expensive to stay and not expensive to get to...
as apposed to a home game for SoCon teams xlolx (which is nice I'm sure) but seriously...

Las Vegas
TCU (Dallas Fort Worth)
Chicago
Atlanta

all very cheap to get to

instead...
try to get to Chattanooga from Ogden Utah or Scottsdale or From anywhere west of the Mississippi

why not just eliminate all teams west of the Mississippi from the get go... it'll "save a lot of Money"

xlolx

I agree with you Cleets.

Wish it would be moved to Orlando. Orlando is easy for Western fans to travel to by air.

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I agree with you Cleets.

Wish it would be moved to Orlando. Orlando is easy for Western fans to travel to by air.

and shouldn't that be the point:
Easy for everybody to get to and cheap (in general) Orlando is perfect
$99.00 one way from anywhere

Chattanooga $765.00 from Seattle (ha ha ha)

Jerbearasu
December 6th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Las Vegas
TCU (Dallas Fort Worth)
Chicago
Atlanta

all very cheap to get to

instead...

xlolx

Ogden to Atlanta is pretty much the same as Ogden to Chatty...

3/4 of the places you suggest having the NC are West of the Mississippi. 75% of the FCS is east of the Mississippi... How would that make sense?

Chatty is a good city for the NC and they have done a great job hosting it.

Weren't the NC games from the 80s that were hosted on the west coast the lowest attended championships?

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Ogden to Atlanta is pretty much the same as Ogden to Chatty...

3/4 of the places you suggest having the NC are West of the Mississippi. 75% of the FCS is east of the Mississippi... How would that make sense?

Chatty is a good city for the NC and they have done a great job hosting it.

Weren't the NC games from the 80s that were hosted on the west coast the lowest attended championships?

My point was: Easy to get to... I don't care if easy means Boon NC
but it does not...(actually) I jest

Fine: Orlando / Atlanta / Washington DC / Baltimore

Major stops with real airports and hotels...

Jerbearasu
December 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
My point was: Easy to get to... I don't care if easy means Boon NC
but it does not...(actually) I jest

Fine: Orlando / Atlanta / Washington DC / Baltimore

Major stops with real airports and hotels...

Fair point about major city with airports and hotels... One thing I would personally hate to see though is the game played in a 50K stadium with 20k in the stands... Wherever the game is, I would rather see a smaller stadium filled than a big stadium that is empty.

FCS Go!
December 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
DC is perfect geographically and awful financially. Yeah, its cheap to get to but hotels average $200 year round. No appropriate sized stadiums either. If they ever get the soccer stadium built they'll at least have a good stadium (approx 30k).

Orlando is too far to drive to for a lot of the East Coast FCS fans. Atlanta is pushing it. Chatty is within driving distance of almost every fanbase outside of the MV, BSC & GW. Most people who attend the NC drive there. Look up the FCS map that several people have posted and you'll see that Chatty is a pretty good location for most teams. I realize that if you're flying it makes sense to fly somewhere warmer/cheaper/more touristy but most don't fly!