PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Richmond and Appalachian.

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Due to surgery I've been able to attend either of the playoff games at App.

I'm actually been sitting in my apartment watching the games on ESPNU. Today is a weird day. It's been awhile since ASU lost in the playoffs. What do I do now? xconfusedx Regardless I do have a few things to say...

First let me congratulate the Spiders and their fans. You guys were the better team on the field. Unfortunately, we had too many mistakes that we were unable to recover from. You guys would have defeated us even if the turnovers weren't in question. We would have been lucky to continue our streak if we won today. I told friends that if anyone will beat us it was going to be Richmond.

Now for fellow Appalachian fans. We can't be upset with the loss. We've made history over the past 4 years. 3 striaght titles, FCS record 13 straight playoff wins, winning 42 of 44 previous home games. It all had to end one day. Yea, it would be great to always win - but we can't be that lucky. Rather than be upset for what happened, remember the past and enjoy it. It's very unlikely anyone will be able copy or beat the success we've had over the past four years.

So, with that note I just want to say, good luck to the Spiders and the rest remaining teams in the playoffs. One of you guys will be the new flag bearer for the FCS. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time somoene else took over. Every team remaining has a good shot, and will be a great represntative for the FCS. xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats on two straight semifinal appearances for the Spiders!

I can't imagine how tough it must be to build a program in a UR-type environment. I'm always very impressed with the small private schools that build solid programs.

MacThor
December 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Congrats on two straight semifinal appearances for the Spiders!

I can't imagine how tough it must be to build a program in a UR-type environment. I'm always very impressed with the small private schools that build solid programs.

Admit smart hot girls.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats to both teams.

mtnman
December 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
congrats to richmond on a very well played game

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Admit smart hot girls.
I'm on UR's campus about once a week. Somebody give me a heads-up when they actually put this strategy into motion.

;)

MacThor
December 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm on UR's campus about once a week. Somebody give me a heads-up when they actually put this strategy into motion.

;)

:) Yeah it was a joke. I married a hot Gator. :)

Seriously, Clawson was a good recruiter. I hope London can keep it up. There are still a lot of good young players on UR's roster.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I'm actually been sitting in my apartment watching the games on ESPNU. Today is a weird day. It's been awhile since ASU lost in the playoffs. What do I do now? xconfusedx Regardless I do have a few things to say...

First let me congratulate the Spiders and their fans. You guys were the better team on the field. Unfortunately, we had too many mistakes that we were unable to recover from. You guys would have defeated us even if the turnovers weren't in question. We would have been lucky to continue our streak if we won today. I told friends that if anyone will beat us it was going to be Richmond.

Now for fellow Appalachian fans. We can't be upset with the loss. We've made history over the past 4 years. 3 striaght titles, FCS record 13 straight playoff wins, winning 42 of 44 previous home games. It all had to end one day. Yea, it would be great to always win - but we can't be that lucky. Rather than be upset for what happened, remember the past and enjoy it. It's very unlikely anyone will be able copy or beat the success we've had over the past four years.

So, with that note I just want to say, good luck to the Spiders and the rest remaining teams in the playoffs. One of you guys will be the new flag bearer for the FCS. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time somoene else took over. Every team remaining has a good shot, and will be a great represntative for the FCS. xthumbsupx

Great post.....congrats Spiders and good luck the rest of the way!

BlueHen86
December 6th, 2008, 03:42 PM

This is a great post.

Congrats to ASU for having an incredible 3 year run. You guys should be proud, we may not see another streak like that again for a long time.

Congrats to Richmond for a nice win today. Good luck next week.